Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
In

I'm jonesing man oh god am I in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
Make sure I am in this game asiina thx

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Asiina posted:

Also turns out we are full. I can start the game tonight if you want, if you don't mind my not really being around for the next two days.

DOOOO IT I NEEEED THIS

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

I'm a king, but I am town. definitely confirming that asiina did the roles at random flavor.

Meinberg posted:

Neither can I.

##vote Keane

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

The last game that I was in with a challenge was that ancient pizza roll game, and I was scum that game so uh.
##vote Nothing Doctor

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Jimson posted:

The last game that I was in with a challenge was that ancient pizza roll game, and I was scum that game so uh.
##vote Nothing Doctor

Stupid auto correct
##vote Nth Doctor

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

I am not going to buy into this day gimmick. I need to actually play an game of mafs to shake the lovely opinion people have of me.

Serious note. We should be paying attention to who is putting the most effort into these challenges.

Seems very scum to me to try and play the "fun guy" so everyone will just assume they're town who just wants to have a good time.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

See the thing is. Look at all the people getting crazy defensive about this. As if they have something to prove by yelling about how they are just doing this for fun and totally not to get an advantage.

It's okay to do it for fun, but don't let them kid themselves that that's their only reason behind doing it.

Am I saying its the only thing we should focus on? No not at all but its D1 and we legit have NOTHING to work with other than this.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Okay fine what ever.

Ahem

Lmfso mmmwhacthagay wutd u have 2 do to get scum role? I wanted scum role and mod said HEY SHITLORD NO ROLE rewuestss then J did a totally sweet kickflip. Hahahaha

##vote mmm

👌

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

I am 4 srs roffling here about scum mmmmmmmmmwhatchagay legit provimg all of my stuffs right and then everyone like NOOOOoooooooOOOOOooo ee just wanna play

The words I saids was looks at and consider not instantly vote for. I mean like I get it its p intimidating when I actually play and people get scared but its okay :) I promise I'm here for town and the power of good 👌

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Meinberg posted:

I don't get this gambit.

The basic principle of the Jimson Gambitu™ is that people get squirrelly if you pretend to know they are already scum and then pressure them on that hidden "knowledge" you have. In execution it's a way for me to make it obvious I am poo poo posting/harassing someone.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

tpink posted:

Someone pls translate.

Mmm whatchasay is scum. They are acting like scum, and playing like scum because they are scum.

We have a possible argument on the field that being HEY GUYS LETS PAY SPECIAL ATTENTION TO THE PEOPLE THAT ARE TAKING PART IN THE LITTLE META-GAME BECAUSE SCUM PLAYERS ARE REALLY GOING TO BE INCENSED TO DO GOOD AT IT. To which he replied that is a dumb argument Jimson is a big ol dumby BUT I SERIOUSLY BELIEVE HE IS TOWN. The only people who would try and dismantle an attempt at scum hunting AND STILL ASSUME that the person who made the argument is town is someone that has something to gain by engendering themselves to town and that means they are...

for anyone not sure it means they are scum.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Absurd Revolver posted:

Let me ask you something, why does your concern for Jimson and his town status seem insincere? Why did you jump to his defense so early and often?

These are all very good and reasonable questions that seriously arn't asking toooooOoooOOooOoo much but the one question I want him to answer is why he feels so strongly that I am town.

Answer that question as if I was someone else.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Kashuno posted:

I would never :kimchi:

Dongsbot is like the best wittle poster ever :kimchi:

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

SirSamVimes posted:

Also I don't feel like having fun is a scumtell, bad jimson

You< ------ >what your focusing on.

The point

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Oh forgot to respond to this:

Which is silly because he didn't orginally say that, he said

Which seems way more like "lets kill this one specifically" than "lets look at who does the challenges"

That is a really good point. ##unvote
I still am keeping an eye on you but you did a good job of dismantling my argument in defence of my claim with out rehashing the arguments you used before so I will take off my vote.

I did not fully think about how that vote would be perceived I started the argument and felt that my actual description of it was suffice to give indication that it wasn't a lynch this scum vote.

For some reason people treat votes here like some kind of rare currency never to be passed around. Maybe it's because of all the turbos that happen or something but my real intention of dropping the vote was as a punctuation to my point of LETS PAY ATTENTION TO THE PEOPLE IN THE MINI GAME.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

PBS Newshour posted:

when eliza tells hamiltion to "believe in a sign of zeta" and kamille shows up with the zeta gundam and stops burr's bullet from killing him i cried

I felt it was in poor taste when they all got chibi and had fun little adventures but what do I know I don't do theatre.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Asiina posted:

I'm getting on a plane, so reminder that you have about 28ish hours to get your recordings in. FYI you want this boon. You don't want to be left out.

I'll put one together tonight I guess :effort:

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Not going to be posting a rap. Not on some soap box or anything
But traffic was bad so me and :siren:my wife:siren: went to dinner instead of going home.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Absurd Revolver posted:

Yeah I have a feeling some people are hiding behind the Hamilton part of the game to avoid playing actual mafia.

Says the person who's only real scum read this game has been this:

Absurd Revolver posted:

MMM, what's getting me is the questions, especially the repetition. It strikes me as the kind of needling questions that scum use to brand people on day one while maintaining an excuse of "joke phase", then jumping on the reaction.

Let me ask you something, why does your concern for Jimson and his town status seem insincere? Why did you jump to his defense so early and often?
And the only other post actually about the game was him saying

LOL I THINK EVERYONE IS TOWN ESPECIALLY THAT JIMSON DUDE!

Hmmmm me thinks the poster doth protest to much.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Also to clear something up for everyone. The reason I am actually playing this game is because my reputation has gotten to lumpen or Harold Krell levels and people have outright forbidden me from playing in their games.

So this has nothing to do with me wanting to put effort in this game and everything with me wanting to coast on my next 50 games instead.

Despite my assumption he is scum. Mmm does make a good argument against you kash. What say you about your lovely low content ME TO! posting?

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Does somebody have Revolver's meta? I've never played with them before

Meinberg as well.

Meta reads are stupid jump in a ditch.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Kashuno posted:

Except I have been making cases against people so I don't know what you're trying to get at here

When? The only real case I've seen you make was a piggy back on one of mine and someone elses?

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Kashuno posted:

I am not posting me too posts and none of the posts MMM quoted suggest that.

Kashuno posted:

probably true

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Your mmm case was good. No arguments there.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Absurd Revolver posted:

But you just claimed it was a piggybacked case, when it was his to start with.

Idk man shush. Just like go play with blocks or something adults are talking.

I miss read the time stamps for me pushing the case on MMM and Kashuno starting his case on MMM my bad

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Absurd Revolver posted:

nice slip

##vote Jimson

Oh no you caught me. Guess its curtains for me.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Absurd Revolver posted:

drat i'd hoped to get a better reaction than that.

oh well, better luck next time!!

##unvote

it's really the only way i know how to scumhunt d1 :(

Lol

##vote AR

Bro you had a really good scum read on me and if you just pushed a little further you could have gotten that d1 town turbo. You even had kash goin with your plan the only reason he backed down was because he knows I am an idiot so the gambit worked.

Tbh from games I played with you I would have expected better.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Absurd Revolver posted:

i learned it from watching you!

Not enough typos and screaming at Kashuno to have learned it from me.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

don't worry about it.

Kash what's your read on PBS?

By the way my vote on AR is a serious vote and not just me playing at Jimson Gambitu poo poo. He backed down way to quickly on a REALLY GOOD scum read and a REALLY easy scum read to push.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

So at risk of maximum irony.

What the hell is with all this hero worship of Lumpen?
He's a terrible mafia player and plays EXACTLY like I do when I am loving around that being SUPER loving AGGRESSIVE except with out a hint of irony of humor idgi.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Kashuno posted:

how is it s a really good scum read if you're town?

Because we know I am read. But if something like that happened with say PBS or someone with the finger of suspicion we would have ran them out. The only problem is I am town and have been playing as town this whole time.

I know it sounds self incriminating and I am okay with that because I feel we have a particular stench in the air and we can root it out now.

Of course I would rather some lurkers weigh in first...

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Absurd Revolver posted:

for me he's like a mafia bogeyman and my curiosity must be sated before I can treat him like anyone else

Like legit? He's bad like real bad. Just re read his arguments twice. If he is scum hr will slip up hardcore and you can nail him p easy. If he's town and ur scum just kill him and be done.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Kashuno posted:

this. I'm sorry if somehow you thought anyone worships Lumpen of all people

Idk that game he is in is filled with people pouring themselves over him. Maybe I misread it haha.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Nth Doctor posted:

First off: what is an Eccogambit?

http://mafiawiki.notesmash.org/wiki/Ecco_Gambit
Ecco gambits are generally harmful to town as most lurkers tend to be Vt who don't wanna play with a boring role. Buuut a lot can be learned from who's voting then out yadda yadda yadda

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I'm also a little suss on Nth. He makes posts with a whole lot of words that aren't really saying anything.

Town read:

Lots of words here to say they don't have a read on anyone.

This is such a weird post. It's like he's posting a summary of what happened without making any alignment calls.

I really don't get at all what he was trying to say there.

Calls kash out for making a weak case by making a weak case :ironicat:

More narration of the thread without an alignment call

I guess over the span of one day jimson went from def town to def scum. What's weird though is that his case on jimson is the only good case he's made.

I would vote AR or Nth today
I hate you so much
I was just about to give a quick read of NTH and yeah I hit the same thing.

He uses a lot of words to more or less say.

Yeah Idk
Or Yeah idk maybe your scum?

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Unless you get him (read as Nth) started on the musical then he has lots to contribute.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

PBS Newshour posted:

you just don't want to face the truth that gundam is connected to everything

God your playing like a hero this game.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Asiina posted:

Day One Event is over!!!

The following people are Loved for the rest of the day:

Absurd Revolver
ANarc
CCKeane
dongsbot
Li Dawny
MMM
Nth Doctor
SSV

In addition, these people now have control over a collective vig that must be used by the end of the day or it disappears. This vig requires 5 out of 8 votes to go through and any player can be shot, even one of the 8 people.

Since I will be manually counting the vig votes you may use the following commands to vote for it.

##shoot [player]
##unshoot

If I'm not around for the shot, discussion may continue but no talking shot person.

Do not throw away your shot!

OOOOH this is a nice lurker kill, so we can gank a lurker AAAAAND still do some scum hunting d1, Thank you based asiina

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Jimson posted:

OOOOH this is a nice lurker kill, so we can gank a lurker AAAAAND still do some scum hunting d1, Thank you based asiina

Also, it should be p obvs to any scum players who might have slipped in there, it's gonna be pobvious when someone votes to shoot someone who isn't lurking who is and isn't scum out of that bunch.

• Locked thread