Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
i'm not giving away my shot

I don't really like hamilton but i'll play anyways

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
this game will force me to actually listen to the whole recording

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Ok just finished listening to act 1. I dub it mediocre so far. The songs I know better I enjoy more so I guess the more I listen to it the more it would grow on me.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Confirming I am a cool dude. Also I am excited for this challenge. Just listened, doesn't seem so hard.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Good morning all! I wasn't lurking, I was sleeping :)

Is jimson having a stroke?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Here is me and my dad doing the whole thing in karaoke (he is really off)

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Hey fam. Man my sleep schedule is hosed.

Also I'm pretty sure the last time I was around there was zero mafia happening so this is a bad post.

Li Dawny posted:

Mostly just that AN and PBS have completely ignored that there's a game of mafia, they've obsessed over the Hamilton part and that's a little weird for both of them in my experience. They usually are among the first to throw joke phase to the side and dig right into scum hunt, but I've only played one or two games with each of them.

It's also a completely fake read on me based on a meta that doesn't exist. Ask anyone who's played more than one or two games with me.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
As I was catching up on the thread I definitely got a scum vibe from AR but there's nothing really I can add to the good case made on him by meinberg

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I'm also a little suss on Nth. He makes posts with a whole lot of words that aren't really saying anything.

Town read:

Nth Doctor posted:

Hey Jimson-
for now I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt and thinking you're town. Here's why: you made an interesting case on me jumping in quickly to the gimmick of the day. It makes sense that scum would want an advantage as soon as it were offered. Furthermore, I think it would be poor scum play to get out there so quickly with what was initially a vote in a vacuum. It attracted a lot of attention, obviously.

Lots of words here to say they don't have a read on anyone.

quote:

I want to sit down tonight when the kids are asleep and reread Kash and MMM's histories (MMM has been particularly prolific in this thread) because the dialogue between them has me feeling uncomfortable. Not that they're bussing or anything, but I want to see where Kash is coming from and have time when I'm not at work to think about it.

Overall, I still feel more uncomfortable by some of the quieter players, but as MMM pointed out: it hasn't been too long yet since the game started.

This is such a weird post. It's like he's posting a summary of what happened without making any alignment calls.

Nth Doctor posted:

MMM
Picks apart Jimson's first case:

and

Since Jimson was pushing participation in the gimmick as a scumtell, it made me feel better but that's mostly OMGUS talking.
I really don't get at all what he was trying to say there.

Calls kash out for making a weak case by making a weak case :ironicat:

quote:

Kash
I'm squinting at you.
You really want to get game going and are tossing vots around. We're all here to play. We get it. We have a long rear end window for D1. You even said so when lurkers got pointed out:

You built a "case" on MMM being defensive, yet before that, the only sorta aggressive thing I saw from MMM was:

MMM was just a little defensive, but only after your vote.
Other than that, it was general musical excitement. Weak case. :sad:

After Kash's coming at MMM, they go after dongs apparently as OMGUS, while stating repeatedly they don't even read PBS posts. That reads way too much like "nah, I don't pay attention to this guy and you shouldn't either."
You covering for your bud, Kash?

More narration of the thread without an alignment call

Nth Doctor posted:

Thanks for the Eccotorial. :hfive:

More thoughts:
AR
You missed a line in your initial recording. That's a death sentence.
On the other hand, you got me listening to Washington on Your Side thanks to the story about your 7yo. Sentence commuted. :v:
In seriousness:
The big contribution I've gotten from you is you see early game participation as scummy. I'm not really sure what you were hoping for as a reaction to voting Jimson, but you said you didn't get it.

I guess over the span of one day jimson went from def town to def scum. What's weird though is that his case on jimson is the only good case he's made.

quote:

Jimson
I really just don't know how to read you, starting with the meltdown and going forward. You really wanted to get voting going it seemed, but your meltdown and having voted now for 3 different people seems like you really want to find a person on whom your vote would stick rather than building and executing a case.

PBS
Hasn't posted any content. Like at all. Kash, I see what you're talking about now.

Kash and Jimson give me a vaguely scummy vibe independently. I feel okay with this vote based on how Jimson seems to be flailing from one target to the next.
##vote Jimson

I would vote AR or Nth today

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Sure, why not. The gundam talk is getting to me.

##shoot pbs

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Oh I guess that not posting while I'm asleep is called lurking now

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Jimson posted:

Pbs' response to imminent death will always, and has always been the same.

But guys I am totally playing the game see look at this one bland stupid post where I say the word scum.

Then for someone reason everyone leaves her alive and we all shake our heads in dismay because holy poo poo.

PBS Newshour posted:

I'm tired of the "pbs doesn't play games" myth. The truth is I just don't give a poo poo about people "forcing me" to play the game their way.

If there s one thing I learn this game... only Keane is my friend :smith:

Lol

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Kashuno posted:

It's not. The thing is PBS has been teetering on the brink of death and it's more beneficial to town to get it over with and then look at the results. If we waver about this who to shoot thing for too long, we won't have enough time to work with the information on who to look at or lynch anyone d1 which is bad.

I agree with this. We should not throw away our shot. All pbs has done aside of gundam poo poo posting is whine about how she IS playing mafia and how dare you say she isn't.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Also, mmm, I did make reads on ar and Nth. Check out my post history.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Li Dawny posted:

Not usually like this though. I think almost every game I've played has been with Kash, and he's never this pushy or trigger happy. I mean, we have until the end of the day. Why do we need to lynchPBSrightnowomghastobenowgogogo.

We're not talking about lynching we are talking about the vig. We can't leave it until the end of the day bc then it defeats the whole purpose. We use the vig to get information upon which we decide the lynch.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

PBS Newshour posted:

Flips are never the most valuable information in mafia but discussion you doofus, and you are so behind on the state of the converstation apparently

They are important though. That's how to play mafia! If we never got flips we could never progress in the game. This statement makes no sense.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Kashuno posted:

We are currently having a lot of discussion around it and we've had both MMM and Keane come to your defense (MMM less directly) and AR and I pushing for the shot to happen. We have information on multiple people as a result of your flip.

This is a v good point and I think shooting anyone outside of these 5 will not give us much info

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Mafia edit: that does not mean I would shoot just any one of those 5 indiscriminately. Just that I don't want to shoot anyone who's not one of those.

I'd still most want to shoot pbs, then AR

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Li Dawny posted:

Okay, can we all just sit down and be honest with ourselves here? No one has any real info until day three usually, because not enough discussion happens. We all gut vote or someone gets annoying days one and two, day three is where patterns become visible because that's how it works. Now, we could kill someone right now and let the game sit for twenty four hours with almost no mafia talk, because that's what happens in games, or we can look at who's acting oddly and make an actual decision on who to day vig before we just let someone get shot 'because'.

This is such a scummy post. There has been a ton of content already today and with two flips today we will absolutely be ahead of the game come tomorrow.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Absurd Revolver posted:

I would shoot AN over SSV because SSV didn't do that loving obnoxious "post as you catch up" garbage.

What the hell. If I don't post, I'm lurking. If I post too much, I'm loving obnoxious and should be shot.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Umm what happened to actual game chat? Can we please shoot someone?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Shoot absurd revolver, read his post history or meinberg's case if you're not already about it

You are either scum, or just not reading anything I've posted. I've said multiple times that I think AR is scummy and I'd shoot him

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Mmm you aren't even voting to shoot ar

:psyduck:

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
We should still shoot someone before we lynch anyone so we at least have some info to go off

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
At this point mmm I want to shoot you for being purposely obtuse

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
You know what? I'll put my money where my mouth is.

##shoot mmm

Looking through the thread it seems that most of what he's posted is white noise. Calling people town, jumping from target to target, saying we need to shoot someone but not voting himself, advocating for a lurker lynch. These are all scummy things.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
except you're STILL not voting to shoot anyone

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Do you guys really think either kash or me is dumb enough to make that kind of connection of we were scum together?

Speaking for me at least, if I were scum I certainly wouldn't have agreed with him as many times as I did

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Well I'll claim since its close. I'm John Laurens. VT. And yes I'm in a masonry with Philip Hamilton.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Asiina if I die can I still participate in the challenges but without a prize obviously?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

PBS Newshour posted:

order me a pizza or i will hammer AN because she is actually at -1

You can't hammer me... Your vote is already on me.

Is there anything I can do or say to convince y'all I'm not scum?

My scum reads are still Nth, mmm, and absurd

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
So is this case on me entirely around the fact that kash and I had some interactions? Maybe look at people who have actually been scummy.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
:ghost: stop calling me a him I am a her :ghost:

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
:ghost: I'm currently super into farmer refuted, story of tonight reprise, and wait for it :ghost:

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Li Dawny posted:

Oh, um, well then. If it helps I didn't know that Ten Duel Commandments was influenced by The Ten Crack Commandments, or that such a thing existed.

:ghost: I'm sorry asiina for posting again but I have to respond to this. I am so disgusted by this song (just looked up the lyrics) that I can no longer appreciate the Hamilton version. PS get in the dead doc :ghost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
These are amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3A6B6x0dEPo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-GJu7WoJNc