Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I AM NOT GOING TO MISS MY SLOT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Asiina posted:

Even if this fills up today, I don't fly out until tomorrow, so probably won't start until Wednesday even though everything is written.

In the meantime we can all fangirl out about the musical and how much we all love Lin because he's amazing and I'm basically a stalker at this point.

he got mark zuckerburg to tell justin mcelroy he was doing a great job

while you are stalking lin he is stalking the mcelroy brothers

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i have the bootleg with fixed audio i am a monster

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i hope now that lin is probably going to become a super duper superstar instead of just a superstar and the toast of new york he makes MBMBaM famous as well so they could get a tv show or something

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSyy3dP4a8M

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Something about Lin tricks you brain into forgetting he is some sort of talented and charismatic superhuman so that he always just seems like a normal guy which makes his rise to fame really enjoyable, because its like "woo score 1 for the normies" except he is some sort of monster

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
my shot resonates with me more too, but also i just prefer its sound over wait for it.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i like that hamilton is like a popular thing that actually has some attitude to it.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i am thankful for the existence of hamilton because at least now asiina is taking in media other than the west wing

i was afraid she was going to overdose and get sorkinitics

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Recently the youngest member of my improv troupe started a 30 minute longform by giving themselves the character description of "Erin Sorkin, not the famous one, we just have similar names" and it was simultaneously the funniest and most dead end lead I've ever seen.

why isn't all improv just based around a "we have similar names" game??

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Asiina posted:

Shows what you know, Hamilton and The West Wing are very similar and there is a Sorkin line in Hamilton.

"As long as you come home at the end of the day, that would be enough" is taken from not just The West Wing but also from Sports Night because Aaron Sorkin likes to repeat his lines he likes.

"The only thing you ever had to do to make me happy was come home at the end of the day."

He also has a MBMBaM line and that is way cooler than the West Wing :cool:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Meinberg posted:

Yo, Wait For It is the best song. Thanks for listening, ya'll.

Also I just subscribed to MBMBaM because I love Monster Factory.

I THINK DOGS SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO VOTE

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Hamiliton is kinda a one note figure in history too, an interesting one with a story but still one note.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
ambition, arrogance, and failure are my favorite character traits

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
all the founding fathers were pretty much assholes, its just a matter of picking your favorite type of rear end in a top hat

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i hope hamilton leads to a new genre of history hip hop musicals

please enjoy "Subutai, Here I come"

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Mithridates: The Poison King would legit be a good one

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

My standards are pretty low, If they didn't own slaves that makes them one of the good ones.

agreed.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Absurd Revolver posted:

There are founding fathers, then there's Ben Franklin.

Ben Franklin is very overrated and is in many ways the original "chuck norris" meme even all the way back then

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
hmm i am starting to wonder that maybe after watching gundam the reason why i sometimes have special secert feelings and can predict things is i am a newtype???

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I like the part where Aaron Burr is walking through the revolutionary field hostipal and starts seeing soilders of sorrow, its really poignant and I'll admit it tends to get me to cry a bit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpNk1xZ8bDs

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

of course nothing can beat the moment when layfette appears to be losing on the battifield but then char appears piloting his custom zaku
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyNAHxP_fbA

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

capps what's the name of that theatre group that matt besser doesn't like

which one?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
when eliza tells hamiltion to "believe in a sign of zeta" and kamille shows up with the zeta gundam and stops burr's bullet from killing him i cried

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Jimson posted:

I felt it was in poor taste when they all got chibi and had fun little adventures but what do I know I don't do theatre.

super deformed hamilton was real weird

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

the keith johnstone cargo cult

oh, one of the impro groups

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
wow, i never knew gundam posting would be consider white noise in a hamilton mafia game, my bad, my bad

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i just think gundam has a lot in common with hamilton, and mafia... i mean isn't the political game the zabi family much like the game of mafia? and don't burr and hamilton share a lot in common with char and doesn't their rivarly seem somewhat based around the riviarly of amuro and char

but again, i guess if this is white noise i will stop

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

you just don't want to face the truth that gundam is connected to everything

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
will there be a video editing challenge?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
how about a day event where we have to make a gundam AMV using a hamiltion song?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Kashuno posted:

I disagree

Actually Keane is right, AN is scummy as gently caress.

Kashuno posted:

I disagree. Wanting someone who isn't here to play the game to die is a good thing.

Why do you think I play mafia games?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I'm tired of the "pbs doesn't play games" myth. The truth is I just don't give a poo poo about people "forcing me" to play the game their way.

Kashuno posted:

to shitpost with friends? :sun:

If there s one thing I learn this game... only Keane is my friend :smith:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Kashuno posted:

but gundam posts aren't playing at all

yeah they're

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
this is where i would go into a spiel about how this is a conversational game yada yada, but basically i won't bother with that, instead i will just say you can not like how i play like a radical skate boarding kid but don't say i am not loving playing this game because i loving play this game

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Kashuno posted:

pbs is probably scum

i am completely sincere right now when i say i am playing mafia

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
it is incredibly hard for me to not make a joke about how you guys are just racist against my love of gundam so you assholes better appericate that i am not posting that

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
we have AN just kinda jumping on this opportunistically, and then kash cheering for my death gleefully, but once i show up kash turns a bit friendlier

also weird how a vig meant to kill someone "not playing the game" is not inspiring a whole lot of conversation in the hands of the people who have the vig

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Kashuno posted:

post something mafia related.

i find it odd that typically your reactioin to me is "i just kinda ignore capps" but now you are taking the opportunity to just kill me, is there a difference between this game and the others you played with me? because on one hand you are acting like there is not, but now that there is a vig in play

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Kashuno posted:

how have I been friendlier? I still think you should just be killed for lack of play. Also why AN out of all the people that shoot you for not playing? Just because Keane gave you that out?

because AN is the one who said "the gundam posts are getting to me"
Its basically a way a mafia player would differentiate their vote instead of looking like its part of a pile on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Kashuno posted:

I want you to die so there can be people left who are actually going to post game related content.

You say that but I don't remember you clamoring for my death in lets say a game where we also had lurkers.

• Locked thread