Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
So what were you guys watching tonight?
This poll is closed.
Game 7 of the NBA Western Conference Finals 39 19.31%
Game 1 of the NHL Stanley Cup Finals 17 8.42%
WWE Raw, why would you even ask this on a wrestling subforum I don't even 19 9.41%
runs back up the ramp 127 62.87%
Total: 202 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

ijii posted:

A lot of nothing happened in this show.

1. Show opened with Steph, Shane and New Day. New Day asked all the right questions about the brand split. Steph and Shane replied with "Nothing is final."
2. Seth Rollins did absolutely nothing on the ramp for 5 minutes straight! Yea that'll show Roman Reigns!
3. In separate segments, Titus and Cena turning up the level of patriotism to 11 . The Raw intro moment of silence was enough, thanks.
4. AJ Style beat up John Cena in a shocking swerve. Then as he leaves, he jump back into the ring to beat up Cena more. Repeat that last statement 4 times.
5. Dana squashes Natalie (so much for Diva Revolution or furthering Women's wrestling.)
6. Dolph low blows Corbin within a minute, the end.

I turned off Raw.

you forgot the 15 minute long promo trying to hype up how awful charlotte was to her dad

I turned off raw after Styles beat up Cena, so I don't know about anything after that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
i shoulda known cena's comeback promo on memorial day woulda been unbearably america, but here i am.

does anyone know apollo crews' real height? because he looks a lot shorter than the booked 11 inches between him and big show. he looked like a fuckin child.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

ijii posted:

2. Seth Rollins did absolutely nothing on the ramp for 5 minutes straight!

More proof that WWE watch NewLegacyInc

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

shiksa posted:

does anyone know apollo crews' real height? because he looks a lot shorter than the booked 11 inches between him and big show. he looked like a fuckin child.

4 foot flat

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
I'd been more into the WWE in the last two months than I've been in ages, but fortunately the last two Raws have freed me. Time to go back to reading recaps and watching youtube clips.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Josuke Higashikata posted:

More proof that WWE watch NewLegacyInc

I eagerly await the (re)debut of Dan Asses.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Breezango is my favorite WWE thing right now and I love their remix.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

what was in the vault

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

ThePutty posted:

what was in the vault

A Goldberg character for this years bad wrestling game

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Josuke Higashikata posted:

A Goldberg character for this years bad wrestling game

did everyone start cheering thinking goldberg was coming back and then booed when they realised it was for a video game, just like when they did that with sting

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
How is the character model for Goldberg locked in a vault in a cave if the game isn't done yet. Is it a future-cave?

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

i bet they'll bring goldberg back and have roman beat him

no, triple h will appear on TV again and beat him

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

ThePutty posted:

did everyone start cheering thinking goldberg was coming back and then booed when they realised it was for a video game, just like when they did that with sting

this time the reveal was in a clearly-marked commercial that started with an ESRB rating, so if anyone was excited when Goldberg showed up it's their own stupid idiot fault

2K17 is going to come out without the brand split or anything in it and it's going to be a total shitshow

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Will the brand split even last long enough to be in the next game?

Also, this show looks like it was terrible. I'm glad I was stuck at work. Gotta love how AJ and Seth, the two high flyers who should be the top faces are both heels at the service of putting over a couple of stale turds. My excitement for Cena's return is already ruined.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
I actually enjoy stuff like Wrestling with Wregret and the Attitude Era podcast more than I enjoy the product nowadays

Wonder if im not alone

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

Chromatic posted:

I actually enjoy stuff like Wrestling with Wregret and the Attitude Era podcast more than I enjoy the product nowadays

Wonder if im not alone

i haven't watched raw actively since 2007 and the last time i gave the WWE money was for wrestlemania 23

so yeah

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
That Seth Rollins edging segment was pretty weird

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Cena saying "The Future Must go through Me" was a bit...heelish almost?

But then Black and White trunked Evil Aj showed up :v:

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Solus posted:

Cena saying "The Future Must go through Me" was a bit...heelish almost?

But then Black and White trunked Evil Aj showed up :v:

When the crowd boos your top faces, your top faces come to represent things that make crowds boo

basically the top face in the WWE is Dean Ambrose and everyone above him is a heel in denial

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

DeepDickPizza posted:

Will the brand split even last long enough to be in the next game?

Also, this show looks like it was terrible. I'm glad I was stuck at work. Gotta love how AJ and Seth, the two high flyers who should be the top faces are both heels at the service of putting over a couple of stale turds. My excitement for Cena's return is already ruined.

Two great wrestlers will have a great feud and matches but Cena might win! :qq:

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

bradzilla posted:

And then one of the great wrestlers is discarded like so many before him so it's a net loss.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

And then one of the great wrestlers is discarded like so many before him so it's a net loss.

Yeah, next Styles might have to feud with Randy Orton, another great wrestler. Such a shame.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

bradzilla posted:

AJ Styles hasn't won a feud yet and after Cena runs through him, it will have been like 6 months of him losing feuds.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if they aren't going to use aj styles again then at least this is a good feud to be discarded after

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

GeneX posted:

you forgot the 15 minute long promo trying to hype up how awful charlotte was to her dad

They balanced this out by showing a backstage promo where Stephanie buried Charlotte for no reason

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Charles Gnarwin posted:

AJ Styles hasn't won a feud yet and after Cena runs through him, it will have been like 6 months of him losing feuds.
He won the Jericho feud, he lost at Mania, but in the end pinned Jericho with the Styles clash to get his first title shot with Roman

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

That was a really good Ziggler segment imo

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I just watched the AJ/Cena segment and it was so goddamn beautiful :swoon:

"I'm doing the world a favor!"

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
Feuding with John Cena has worked out for so many wrestlers in the past, such as

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

triplexpac posted:

They balanced this out by showing a backstage promo where Stephanie buried Charlotte for no reason

This is like the last four years of Steph promos summed up in one sentence.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Well I mean two weeks to completely kill any interest I have in Seth Rollins is pretty impressive. It took them a couple of months last summer to do the same.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Jerusalem posted:

I just watched the AJ/Cena segment and it was so goddamn beautiful :swoon:

"I'm doing the world a favor!"

I'm really happy that the duelling chant was "Let's Go AJ / Let's go Cena" or whatever. When it's Cena Sucks instead, it makes the opponent seem like nothing

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I liked the Seth/Reigns thing

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

triplexpac posted:

I'm really happy that the duelling chant was "Let's Go AJ / Let's go Cena" or whatever. When it's Cena Sucks instead, it makes the opponent seem like nothing

I hadn't even thought about that but you're absolutely right and that makes it even better.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
They ruined multiple segments by dragging them out to twice the length they needed, and they're planning to split the roster, necessitating further stalling.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

The whole brand extension thing is a good example of ow booking has changed in the last 14 years. With the original brand extension they had it come as the culmination of 5 months worth of plot and angles. There was a storyline reason for it to happen that naturally evolved over time, and the announcement of the split was itself a big deal that was built upto over a show.

Now the brand extension is just thrown out there in an opening skit, there's no real reason for it in storyline and they've sort of put the cart before the horse so to speak. It all feels very rushed and last minute. Which it probably is.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

ThePariah posted:

They ruined multiple segments by dragging them out to twice the length they needed, and they're planning to split the roster, necessitating further stalling.

That was the same thought I had. They have to be completely raiding NXT to help fill out rosters

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Squall posted:

Feuding with John Cena has worked out for so many wrestlers in the past, such as

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Is the hatch related to the lockbox? Will the lockbox be an unlockable Vince McMahon?

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 13:45 on May 31, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

I hadn't even thought about that but you're absolutely right and that makes it even better.

Except they loving ruined that by turning AJ. I just can't fathom that WWE has TWO ready made main event caliber faces with ready made feuds with guys the crowd wants to boo and the route they went with BOTH is to turn them into generic heels, ensuring almost no one gets cheered.

Edit: Also agreed Roman was more the problem with that segment than Seth was, but it was just a dumpster fire in general.

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 13:51 on May 31, 2016

• Locked thread