Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who was YOUR Champion for May, 2016?
This poll is closed.
:nallears: Tetsuya Naito (IWGP Heavyweight Champion) 55 37.16%
:troll: Charlotte (WWE Women's Champion) 11 7.43%
:sweep: Kenny Omega (IWGP Intercontinental Champion) 12 8.11%
:cthulhu: Matanza Cueto (Lucha Underground Champion) 10 6.76%
:mufasa: Roman Reigns (WWE World Heavyweight Champion) 34 22.97%
Jay Lethal (ROH World Champion) 9 6.08%
:scotland: Drew Galloway (TNA World Heavyweight Champion) 4 2.70%
:help: Help! These Champions Suck! (None of the Above) 13 8.78%
Total: 148 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe
for how much it sucks that they've decided Roman Reigns is going to be The Guy forever it was extremely well booked to accomplish their goals and is, at very least, the best face vs face feud the WWE has done since Bryan v. Cena

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

outside of the match itself which was excellent i thought they bryan/cena feud was lovely and lazy

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe

oatgan posted:

outside of the match itself which was excellent i thought they bryan/cena feud was lovely and lazy

you're probably right then, I only remember the last promo video and the match itself tbh

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

john cena gathered everyone on the ramp and said daniel bryan works very hard and deserves a title shot and then daniel bryan alienated his friends with insecure ramblings about being the weakest link

match was dope though

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Last chance to vote!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Roman Reigns put up a good effort, but Naito remains Rowdy Ringsports' favorite pro-wrestling Champion for a second month in a row, continuing the shut-out for WWE Champs this year.

Previous winners, click the picture for poll results (where available) for that month.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
MATH!

CHAMPION TOTALS - 36 different champs (including no voted champ)

16 - CM Punk
11 - Kazuchika Okada
10 - Bryan Danielson/Daniel Bryan
8 - Christian
7 - Edge
5 - Kane, Chris Jericho
4 - The Miz, Kevin Steen, AJ Styles, Brock Lesnar, Jay Lethal
3 - King Booker, Randy Orton, Jack Swagger
2 - John Morrison, Nigel McGuinness, Sheamus, Mark Henry, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Prince Puma, No Champ, Tetsuya Naito
1 - Rob Van Dam, Undertaker, Roderick Strong, Jay Briscoe, Austin Aries, Bully Ray, Shinsuke Nakamura, BxB Hulk, Seth Rollins, Mil Muertes, Shingo Takagi, Kenny Omega, The Monster Matanza Cueto

By promotion - 6 (7 counting none voted)

75 - WWE (I didn't differentiate between brands/belts/ECW/what have you)
21 - NJPW
14 - ROH
4 - Lucha Underground
2 - TNA, Dragon Gate, None

# of different champs by year

8 - 2011, 2015 (counting no champ)
7 - 2014
6 - 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010
5 - 2006, 2013
4 - 2012, 2016

Longest consecutive run as champ - 6 (Okada Oct 2013-Mar 2014)
Longest run with different champ - 7 (None/Shingo/Lethal/Okada/Omega/Matanza/Naito Oct 2015-April 2016)

- WWE, who has clearly dominated the poll in the past decade, hasn't won Champ of the Month in the last 12 polls (Seth Rollins, May 2015)
- Twice wrestlers who haven't been voted Champ of the Month have won Champ of the Year (Takeshi Morishima 2006, Bayley 2015)
- Despite voting Bayley Champ of 2015, you misogynistic jerks have never voted a woman Champ of the Month, and you even had a chance with Charlotte in the poll. This would change if Sasha captures the women's belt but she never will because she's held together with duct tape and sass. 2016 is the year of misandry so I hope you all die alone and unloved.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

C. Everett Koop posted:

CHAMPION TOTALS - 36 different champs (including no voted champ)

16 - CM Punk

best in the world

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
Bayley being champion of the year last year is one of the few bright spots in this hosed gay earth, I hope this helps

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

C. Everett Koop posted:

- WWE, who has clearly dominated the poll in the past decade, hasn't won Champ of the Month in the last 12 polls (Seth Rollins, May 2015)
To be fair, early results are skewed towards WWE because a lot of people couldn't access other promotions as easily or as regularly at the time. For most other promotions that didn't have regular TV deals, it was still pre-widespread high quality streaming from regular sources, and before a lot of today's social media existed (or at least in its current form). I'm even kind of surprised Danielson and Morishima got in there when they did.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

I find it kind of crazy that the only TNA Champions to get the win are Austin Aries and Bully Ray, both of whom we're voted in long after most people on this forum considered TNA technically dead and buried even if they hadn't yet lost Spike TV. I guess it goes to show just how dire the booking and weekly TV were for guys like AJ, Samoa Joe, Sting and Angle during the mid-to-late-aughts.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

it is especially hilarious that john cena has not won a single month, but then again most people only started actually liking him once he stopped touching the belt

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

sticklefifer posted:

I'm even kind of surprised Danielson and Morishima got in there when they did.

I don't remember anyone being quite as beloved as Danielson during his ROH title run, people were going loving crazy over him (with good reason!). Closest I can think of in recent times is Okada during 2013.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Jerusalem posted:

Roman Reigns put up a good effort, but Naito remains Rowdy Ringsports' favorite pro-wrestling Champion for a second month in a row, continuing the shut-out for WWE Champs this year.

It's entirely believeable that Roman Reigns for the rest of the year. And if they don't make a second championship (which I think they said they wouldn't?) then no WWE win this year.

• Locked thread