Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
Killer Myc- Bone Thug in Harmony

Myc climbed up swiftly after Aveline, making sure to blend in with the manor's walls like a horrid mold that the lord had left unchecked for years, eventually making his way to the lord and lady's level and witnessing the act of reproduction before him.

For half a second, Myc considered waiting for the couple to finish so that the group might engage them on friendlier terms. However, there was a strong possibility of people dying, or an incident happening for every second the party spent away from Uptown. Myc signaled to Avéline, Clifford, and the Accountant for vocal and dance support in his upcoming endeavor, making sure to take chunks of decaying flesh from his body for timed explosions for a nice white cloud effect.

Myc let his voice be heard throughout the room. Myc made an attempt to convince them the same way he always did.

music

"Now tell me what ya gonna do
When it ain't nowhere to run
When judgment comes for you
When judgement comes for you
Now tell me what ya gonna do
When it ain't nowhere to hide
When judgment comes for you
Cause it's gonna come for you
"

Myc launched himself forward, hurtling his massive body through the lord's window and into their bedroom. The parts of his body that he had picked off started to explode into clouds of black and white mist, slowly drifting down onto the courtyard and onto the bedroom floor as the show went on.

The crash of his body against glass could be heard across the entire manor while Myc stood up and continued his performance for those that died in the fires of Rabbleward.

"...
Whats up with that murder y'all?
See my friend bebop was hurt
Somebody really wrong anybody wanna test us dawg?
And Mr. Sword set up ward to fall
You know while we sinning
He intendin' on burnin' it when it ends
He comin' again and again and again
Now tell me what ya gonna do
"

Rap diplomacy (Straight Outta Necropolis + CHA + Level): 1d20+8 17

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there

Avéline "Honest Avé" Lyon, Press Secretary

Observing the highly perfunctory coitus from the window has given Avéline all the information she needs to persuade the Stieels. As Myc busts his rhymes Avéline moves briskly to the dresser and tosses the first garments she finds to the couple. "Apologies for the intrusion, milady, but it didn't seem that you were terribly invested in what was occurring prior. You both could benefit immensely from the guidance of a former acolyte of Venus. In exchange, we require your unqualified assistance with this refugee situation. We can discuss details when you've made yourself decent." Technically Avéline was only an acolyte of Venus for five weeks; a friend of hers enrolled her in a course at the temple as a joke for her twenty-first birthday. But given the obviously fake noises the Lady Stieel was making she's certain that even the most basic of advice will significantly improve the quality of their marriage.

Gentle Persuader (CHA): 1d20+3+5+1 25

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

The Accountant

Entering the room after the others, The Accountant stands by the window and stares a little at the Lord and Lady as they cover themselves. "Fascinating, is this how you fleshy beings mate? What a strange custom. What are those... No, probably not the best time to be curious about the appendages of fleshy bipeds. Lord and Lady Stieel, we have barged into your room due to the rudeness and unfathomable ability of your Butler to address us before you. Please make sure you reprimand him severely." The Accountant nods and moves towards the door of the room, placing himself between the door and whomever would attempt to open it. "Why were we here again? I've forgotten" he whispers to Myc.

edit: Icon Rolls McP asked for:
Icon Roll (2 Pos. Dwarf King, 1. Conflicted Archmage): 3#1d6 2 1 6

Mustache Ride fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Jul 25, 2016

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
Clifford Marshall - Manager of Public Relations

After reaching the grounds of the Stieel estate, Clifford started to take stock of the situation. The dwarfish tenements have been built quickly and well, but the costs and the general chaos involved were not what he envisioned. 'Why can't anything just fall into place like what happens in my head' he thinks to himself as he climbs up the trellis behind Myc.

'I mean, we've been doing good things here, but I'm not sure the Dwarf King's influence is obvious enough. Also, people may BLAME the Dwarf King for disrupting their society instead of seeing this as a necessary reaction to the actions of the Emperor.' he thinks as he's swaying back and forth snapping his fingers to establish a beat, and moving into a cross armed pose at the end of the verse.

'I suppose we should probably discuss a strategy of engagement before doing anything else so foolish or possibly damaging to our cause.' he finally concludes and is roused from his pensive introspective daydreaming to be presented with the entire campaign staff in the bedroom of a naked noble couple. "What the hell? How did we get here? That's it, next time I'm doing my thinking out loud."

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Myc beginning his set outside invite some confused words from inside, but his powerful entrance gets some screams. He continues without missing a beat though, and the Stieels can't quite summon the will to do anything in the face of it. Or, indeed, the rest of you coming in through the window behind him and offering commentary.

Lord Stieel is fairly young, or at least young looking. He's gotten out of bed, clutching a pillow for modesty, and is slowly turning purple. But before he can summon a response, the Lady Stieel intervenes.
"An acolyte of Venus? You're a godsend, come Rodney, this may be the answer we've been looking for."
Lord Stieel stops in shock.

Its at this point the door bursts open and a heavyset and hairy guard bursts in.
"What's the commotion her- Oh, apologies m'lord. But are these guests? Don't remember the mushroom. Were they ah... joining you?"
A bent over and frayed butler follows.
"M'lord! M'lord there were ruffians at the door, what should we do?!"
Indeed, a bit of a crowd has formed outside the door. Fashionable Lords and Ladies peer over the shoulders of the guard, wondering what the commotion is about.

Lord Stieel has deflated considerably at this point. He rallies through great effort, and begins to address everyone, pillow still protecting his modesty. Lady Stieel somehow got in a summer dress Avéline threw her.
"Well! It seems to me this group of people has gone through considerable effort to see me. And I... think?... that they speak for the poor unfortunates gathering outside. Which, Audrick, I believe I asked should be shown in if any approached?" The Butler cringes.
"At any rate, this should be a conversation worth having. Once I'm dressed. Audrick, please entertain our newest guests. Everyone else, if I may make myself presentable?"

There's a bit of shuffling around at first.
"OUT! NOW!"
And you're taken outside to the main hall.
---

As it turns out, Lord Stieel had been hosting a ball of those nobility uninterested in the Grand Kjess Tournament currently ongoing. A bit of prodding reveals these high born men and women were un-enthused by the endless blood sport nor its role in keeping the Emperor loved by its people. But then the Occupy Uptown movement began and the assembled social elite were too frightened to return to their homes.

Not long after, Lord Stieel joins you, in far calmer spirits and fully clothed to boot.

"Now, I believe the Lady mentioned something about the 'refugees'. Is this the reason for the... burgeoning camp in this part of the City? Please, what has happened to require such a situation? And who, precisely, are you people?"

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo

"Lord Stieel, I am Clifford Marshall, manager of Public Relations for the Dwarf King's Election Campaign. Our mission here was initially to see why the poll numbers heavily favoured the incumbent and the Dwarf King's numbers were so low. However, in our research, we discovered that the Emperor was going to murder hundreds of people to make a show for the upper classes. He would play with the lives of the less fortunate for the favour of the elite. They would rather ignore the problem of poverty and see the purge of Rabbleward as an act as mundane as cleaning the streets. We decided to locate the displaced people in an area where the Emperor would have to explain his actions to the people he is trying to shield from the real problems of Axis." Clifford offers an honest summation of the situation at hand. However, he needs to stay on message.

"While the Dwarf King is perceived by the populous as greedy and miserly, he is not heartless. He helped those in need in a city not even his own. While we did do this with the blessing of the Dwarf King, it would be prudent for someone in the community to be on board with this plan. So unfortunately we must ask for forgiveness and your blessing rather than seeking permission before the purge, but time was of the essence."

Rabble Rousing to Rally the Rich Reveler(CHA): 1d20+4+2+1 17

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
"The Dwarf King?" Lord Stieel raises his eyebrows in surprise.
"While you may speak of charity, the presence of this... election weighs heavily as well. You will be seen as opportunists, cloying for votes with hasty stunts. Those somewhat less unfortunate denizens of Saltpork and the Docks may not be swayed by this, unless they could be convinced of continued support after this election.

And while I admit some sway over the upper classes of Axis, I am merely a part, and currently out of favor in the Emperor's court. The Generals of the Legion are more highly regarded.

But that said, you said there was a purge of Rabbleward? I'm afraid I've heard nothing about that."

You head to the windows and look outside. Strangely enough, the fires that seemed so destructive a moment ago can barely be seen.
The Accountant quickly deciphers the discrepancy. Old, magical wards placed around the richer parts of town not only protect against the spread of fire, but also keep the unsightly smoke and burning homes hidden from view. You'll have to take the Lord there to see it in person.

Which you can go ahead and do without my input. And invite the background nobility if you are so inclined.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

The Accountant

"The Fires set by the commoners. They aren't burning anything. Interesting. It seems there are wards protecting this part of the city against damage and destruction."

Spells are going: 1d20+4 22

"Very interesting magic indeed. It reminds me of the artifacts in the Forge's vaults from the city of Horizon. Similar taste in the air. Its so faint I don't think I'd have recognized it otherwise.

Lets go to Rabbleward and show the Lord the destruction, and the expense the Dwarf King has incurred to assist those poor souls."

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo

"We were just there. It wasn't the commoners setting the fires. It was the legion." Clifford informs his new companion. "The legion sets the fires, and they hired thugs to prevent people from leaving their burning homes. That's how the Emperor deals with the poor. He doesn't fix the problem, he eliminates evidence that there was a problem."

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Mild point of order, the Bullettes bribed their way into being allowed to 'help' the people leave the city (as in Axis entirely) while they used the opportunity to loot the vacated homes. Utterly cruel, a situation that would doubtless lead to deaths, but not outright murderous on the legion's part.

I mean. Not that it should change anything you said. Clifford isn't the one who can't lie :)

Lord Stieel and the brusque bodyguard follow you quickly through the streets, until you reach the edge of Rabbleward. Here, the wavering shimmer of the wards is much more apparent. Bright orange flashes seem to pop out from the magic wall, stark against the evening sky.

The Accountant pauses on this. Those flashes speak to the age of these wards, and a certain lack of attention for them to degrade this far. The magic was holding though; evidently the wizards responsible for their upkeep decided that just enough was good enough.

When you step through, the heat hits like a wall. Rabbleward is utterly consumed by fire, a raging inferno that reaches high into the sky. You only spend a few seconds in this man made hellhole, but it's enough. Lord Stieel stumbles back to the safe side of the wards, coughing and tearing up from the smoke.

"Gods above, what a nightmare! To think that this could happen in Axis, of all places."
Lord Stieel turns to you with dawning comprehension.
"The Grand Kjess tournament... The Emperor was going to speak about safety and protection for honest citizens! This nightmare was for the damned election!"

He catches his breath, dusts the soot from his jacket, and faces you.
"I can see what crimes against decency are taking place, but the legion can not be faced lightly. I am no warrior. What could I possibly do for you?"

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo

"When IS this Kjess Tournament? The wards preventing people from seeing this will need to last long enough for the spectators not to see the smouldering ruins in the background. Perhaps we could try to disrupt their obscuring nature? That would be difficult to spin." He smiles at the thought of seeing the Emperor stammer to explain the purge.

"It'd be even better if we could get the Dwarf King's message out at the same time." Clifford pauses for a beat. "Lord Stiell, two questions: Are they still taking admissions for the tournament AND do the winners have an opportunity to address the crowd themselves?"

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
"The Kjess tournament? It's happening right now! I'm hardly a close follower of bloodsport, but the posters scattered around the city certainly make a point of the time. I imagine its too late to announce your entry at this point.

But in as much time as I've known you, I can't imagine you'll be stopped by such things as decorum or expectations. Maybe you could find an ally? I heard that a strangely dressed gnoll had enlisted as a pawn at the last moments and had made a surprising amount of progress in that time.

I worry, though, for that refugee camp you've started in Uptown. The Legion is undoubtedly sending its forces, and the results of that will not be pretty. I imagine I and my friends in the courts could stall them... But I am no friend of the Generals, and they may simply walk over me.

I wish I could be of more help, but this situation will soon be coming to a head."

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

The Accountant

"Wait are we entering a tournament now? Shouldn't we protect the Dwarf King's investment in Uptown before we go rampaging around destroying things at such a high cost?" The Accountant looks worriedly at Clifford.

"What is the eventual goal of going to the tournament? Wouldn't standing up to the Legion be a better motivator for the people to sway towards the Dwarf King rather than rampaging around an arena for the joy of rich people? There is a significant lower percentage of rich people than the not-rich, and statistically the best way to win a vote in a city is to sway those with more voting power, wouldn't you say? Let us appeal to the common man, not to the 1%."

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother

"Our accountant friend is correct. It would be more efficient to convince the Legion to back down. Lord Stieel, our goal is a more permanent solution to the displaced of Rabbleward than a shanty town on your front lawn. We're willing to negotiate if you can get someone to the table. Preferably someone with ambition that outpaces their current rank.

"I am intrigued by this gnoll, perhaps it might be worth the effort to seek them out. For now, we should return to Uptown and ensure the Legion doesn't walk all over our allies there."

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo

"I'm the idea man," Clifford looks at the rest of the campaign staff. "I am looking for ways to increase the viability and likability of the Dwarf King across the Empire."

He sighs. "I guess causing a big mess isn't a great start to it, but we need to stop the Emperor from hiding the mess he made. We have only done it half way for now. We need to get these wards down AND prevent any backlash from the legion. Accountant, can you somehow disrupt the obscuring nature of these wards while still keeping their protective qualities?"

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

The Accountant

"Hmm, I can give it a try, but magic isn't my forte. I was built for calculation, not spellweaving. This is more of a side effect of stuffing so many dangerous spells into this chassis." The Accountant's checkbook flutters open, and you notice now that it has a set of eyes. It opens and flips to a page filled with numbers and long division.

"I calculate that this spell will have a 70% chance of removing the magics hiding the flames, and not disrupt the wards. Lets give it a try!" The Accountant starts to read and weave the spell from his book into words and a fluorescent dwarven symbol. Then it flashes between multiple symbols before finally landing on a percent sign explode into the thin air.

Spells are going: 1d20+3 6

A few seconds later... nothing happens.

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
The Accountant attempts to interfere with the mechanics of the wards, hoping to keep them from stopping the city from burning down but revealing that the city is, in fact, burning.
As he finishes the spell, a ripple proceeds along the area surrounding Rabbleward. The sky flickers, there's a flash of orange flame... And then it turns back to normal, or at least appearing normal. On closer observation, the whole thing has been tinted green. Regretfully, its hard to notice against the night sky.

But you've got more important things to worry about. You rush back to Uptown, Lord Stieel in tow.

---

When you get there, things seem to have proceeded a bit without you. Stone barricades now surround the camp, and many of the Rocs and half-orcs are lined up around the camp. Its impressive looking, but you worryingly note many people seem to be carrying weapons.

But you don't have time to speak. The Legion has arrived, marching down the street in perfect unison, armor shining brilliantly in the lamps of Uptown. They stand, shields locked, pikes in position, and stare down the line of the downtrodden that has formed. A human steps forward, decked in worn but well maintained armor and carrying both the mark of a general and an oppressive air of disdain.

"Perfidious Rebels!" He starts. "You are gathered in violation of the Emperor's law, and stand in defiance of everything good and noble in his Majesty's Empire! Surrender your weapons, and you may be treated with mercy! Refuse, and you will be removed by force!"

Around you, you are becoming aware of many eyes watching. The nearby houses have become packed with the movers and shakers of Uptown, intently watching history being made. Or a one sided massacre, those are fun to watch too. Arcane eyes float above, observers from the Elves, from Horizon, and perhaps many other places.

Sudd is the first to respond.

"You're not going to kick us out! We're tired of being stepped on, pushed around. We're not going to let you and every two bit rear end in a top hat wring us out of everything we have! This is gonna be a new Axis, one that we have a word in, and you and your swords can't take it from us!"

A cheer rises from the camp, but you remain painfully aware that the Legions swords could probably take anything they damned well pleased, and pretty easily. The stomp of boots signals another Legion squad taking up positions on another side of the camp. It looks like they're trying to encircle you.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother

"Just for my edification, would you please inform us what law is being violated? I was of the impression that Imperial citizens had a right to free assembly. Certainly they have a right to not have their homes burned down by jack-booted thugs, but here we are, trying to make the best of a bad situation. Surely there's no need for this much force."

Gentle Persuader (CHA): 1d20+5+3+1 19

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost

The general seems unimpressed.
"Did I not say? Gathering in defiance of our most righteous Emperor! Brandishing weapons against His mighty Legion! And do not speak to me of 'rights'. I see no good citizens, merely criminals and riff-raff. Men, lock shields!"

The soldiers respond as one, which sends a wave of fear through the camp. Dull swords and billhooks are raised in defiance. Things look ready to explode...
Except Lord Stieel interposes himself in time.

"Everyone, please! General Mayheim, I'm placing the people here under my protection. They have my permission to stay!"

The General raises an eyebrow and stares for a long time, but lowers his hand. The swords of the Legion are lowered at his command.
"Lord Stieel, I long suspected you of being as low as the criminal class you vouched for. Tell me, do you really think you can control this rabble?"
Lord Stieel starts to answer, but gets interrupted by the people in the camp.

"We don' need no uptight Lordling! Down with 'em and the Emperor too!"
"We're standing on our own! No masters! No masters!"

Lord Stieel throws you a pleading look.

M.c.P fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Aug 6, 2016

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
Killer Myc- Head of Security

Myc intercept's lord Stiell's look, and immediately heads towards the group of angry survivors in camp. For moments, he tries to think of a song that would calm Sudd's side down- something that would both respect the turmoil they had been through and also try to invigorate a respect for authority. Unfortunately, the taunts and cries of the survivors of rabbleward end up getting straight to Myc's head- causing his desired tone to shift from peace to 'we've had enough of this bullshit'.

Myc then starts to give the Rabbleward survivors quite a performance.

Rap Sudd Down: 1d20+8 12

I had a different song in mind, but I figured I rolled poorly enough to warrant this one

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

The Accountant

Giving Myc a look of despair as he seems to rap angrily at the crowd, the Accountant turns away from the Legion and starts a different tactic.

"Hello ladies and gentlemen, I have had the pleasure to know Lord Stieel a bit longer than you have, and it is in my opionion that he is not attempting to be your master. However the Legion will gladly slaughter you all without a second though, and I calculate they have a 87% chance to kill every single one of you with only marginal losses of 3-4%. Therefore it is my suggestion that you allow Lord Stieel, who has some power over this Legion force, to bargain on your behalf.

Afterall, if you don't like what he's saying, you can always just riot at that time. Why not give it a chance until then?"

Calculating: 1d20+3+5 13

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
and so everyone died in what became known as the uptown massacre. all because of a mismanaged election campaign
jk, lets make this interesting.

Myc is too caught up in the moment, and only makes matters worse. The Accountants appeal to logic falls on deaf ears. Instead, you are faced with the half-orc, Sudd, who after years of oppression and nigh fruitless effort protecting his fellow half-orcs, has had enough of it.

"That's right, we're coming straight out of Rabbleward! We ain't gonna let ourselves be pushed down! We're coming up, and we're going straight to the top! Lok'tar Ogar!"
The orcish warcry, Victory or Death. Not many people know what he's shouting, but they sure feel its meaning. They draw their crude weapons and move towards the legion.

Which doesn't go unnoticed.

"Right! Draw swords and march, men! Lord Stieel, please come behind the shield wall, you are in danger!"
Lord Stieel shouts right back.
"These are Imperial citizens, just as much as you or I! I will not stand here and watch this!
You've become stuck in the middle, peaceful resolution seeming more and more distant. But you're heroes, adventurers! Maybe, just maybe, you can still prevent bloodshed.

You're thrown into combat. Judging by your granola-eating predilections, you are free to fluff your attacks as intimidating/convincing/entreating people to leave, with no penalties. Regretfully, everyone else here will be using very real and concrete weapons.
Lord Stieel will convince the Legion to stand down on ED3, barring any unfortunate circumstances.
Lotta mechanics here. Make careful note of the abilities below.

Roll initiative! You can go immediately if you beat a 23! (Sudd was feeling frisky)

pre:
Sudd		AC18 PD14 MD14	70/70 HP
Mob rule: Sudd gains resist all (16+) at the start of a round. He loses resist if any of the roused rabble is dropped to 0
   (but regains it at the start of the next round)
Morale: Roused rabble gain 2 bonus hp per mook.
Roused Rabble	AC17 PD15 MD11	72/72HP (9 per)

The Legion	AC18 PD11 MD14	80/80 HP
Legion: Movement can push enemies without drawing Opportunity Attacks
Tetsudo: 1/round can reduce damage from a hit by half, but lose their next move action
Cull the weak: Hit will automatically kill any rabble they hit.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

The Accountant

Initiative: 1d20+3 16

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

Initiative (+3): 1d20+3 19

pre:
Killer Myc
Stats			Recharge | Daily
HP 26/30 (00)           [ ] Spores of Decay
AC 20			[ ]|[X] [ ] [ ] Smite the Living
PD 13			[X][ ]Lay on Hands
MD 12		        [ ] Bastion
Recoveries 4/8 (1d10+2)
Melee: 1d20+5+ED; 1d10+4

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother

"Sacré bleu, people! You're civilized adults, act like it! Put the weapons down!" But Avéline's protests go unheeded, and she reluctantly assumes a fighting stance. If anyone dies here it will do irreparable harm to the people of Rabbleward and the Dwarf King's cause.
Initiative: 1d20+4+1 11

pre:
Avéline Lyon, Aasimar Monk (Improved) 1

HP 21/21 Recoveries 6/8 (1d8) Ki 4/6
Base defenses AC 16 PD 13 MD 16
Temporary Bonuses +3 AC
Melee Attack 1d20+4+1+ED
JAB 1d6+4 PUNCH 1d8+4 KICK 1d10+4

Powers
Claws of the Panther (form)
Dance of the Mantis (form)
[ ] Halo (1/battle)
[ ] Leaf on the Wind (1/battle)
[ ] Phoenix Touch (1/day)

Ki Powers
Certain Vengeance Posture: engaged enemy that hits me becomes vulnerable to my attacks UEOB
Wind's Comrade: gain flight UEOMT
Rise from the Ashes: make immediate normal save against daze/weaken/confuse/hamper/stun
Predator's Return: when finisher misses all targets, can use flow attack next

Consumables
+5 Dwarf King

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
Catching up with the end of last combat.
Recovery (1): 1d8+2 10
Recovery (2): 1d8+2 5
Basic Tactical Strike Refresh (11+): 1d20 6

"You know, I hoped that this wouldn't end in a riot, but really, I am not surprised." Clifford holds himself to stand between the two approaching forces, but holds his actions to see how this unfurls.

Initiative: 1d20+3 6

pre:
Clifford Marshall
Stats			Once Per Battle
HP 26/27 (00)		  [ ]Moment of Glory
AC 16			  [ ]Forceful Command (+4 to an attack roll)
PD 13			Recharge
MD 13		          [X]BTS (11+)	
Recoveries 3/8 (1d8+2)	Command Points: 2

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Sudd beats you to the punch, barreling forward for the legion lines, but Killer Myc steps in the way!
"The hell? If you aren't with us, you gotta go down!"
Sudd lines up a fast jab that probably floored its fair share of troublemakers, but against Myc its simply rebounds with a wooden thunk. Sudd steps back and shakes his hand a bit.
"Uh... right. Get the Legion!"

Sudd engages Myc, Punches him!
Nat 1...

Killer Myc, The Accountant, and Avéline are up! ED is at 0
Lord Stieel will convince the Legion to stand down on ED3, barring any unfortunate circumstances.

pre:
Sudd		AC18 PD14 MD14	70/70 HP
Mob rule: Sudd gains resist all (16+) at the start of a round. He loses resist if any of the roused rabble is dropped to 0
Roused Rabble	AC17 PD15 MD11	72/72HP (9 per)

Tetsudo: 1/round can reduce damage from a hit by half, but lose their next move action
Cull the weak: Auto-kills Rabble with their attacks.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

The Accountant

"Hmm, I calculate that this amount of aggressiveness will eventually lead of the slaughter of all of you. However I feel the need to step in. I hope this works, these spells aren't the most stable anymore. I CAST FLARE"

Scorching Ray vs PD: 1d20+5 20 1d6+4 6 Targeting the mooks but just dazing them, doing non-lethal damage to attempt to frighten them.

pre:
The Accountant
Stats			At-Will
HP 27/27 (00)		  Chaos Bolt
AC 12			  Scorching Ray
PD 14			Recharge
MD 12			  [ ] Lightning Fork
Recoveries 8/8		Daily
			  [ ] Breath of the White

Mustache Ride fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Aug 11, 2016

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother

Free: Engage Legion
Springing Mantis Strike: 1d20+4+1 6 1d6+4 5 rolls like that don't deserve narration
Disengage: 1d20 5

pre:

HP 21/21 Recoveries 6/8 (1d8) Ki 4/6
Temporary Bonuses +3 AC
Melee Attack 1d20+4+1+ED

Powers
[ ] Halo (1/battle)
[ ] Phoenix Touch (1/day)

Ki Powers
Certain Vengeance Posture: engaged enemy that hits me becomes vulnerable to my attacks UEOB
Rise from the Ashes: make immediate normal save against daze/weaken/confuse/hamper/stun

Consumables
+5 Dwarf King

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

Myc absorbs the full force of Sudd's punch, being careful not to let the half-orc hit any of the parts of him that were recently set ablaze. Rather than drawing his trusty claymore, the Myconid decides to fight Sudd with his words.

"Sudd, I didn't want to say this to you, but you're ugly. Really ugly."

Attack Sudd: 1d20+5 21 1d10+4 13 16 on the dice, so full damage right?

Through keen observation Myc notices the glimmer of a tear welling up in the corner of the half-orc's eye. The Myconid begins prepping himself to start another rap soon.

"Go home before you get sent to the burn ward."

pre:
Killer Myc
Stats			Recharge | Daily
HP 26/30 (00)           [ ] Spores of Decay
AC 20			[ ]|[X] [ ] [ ] Smite the Living
PD 13			[X][ ]Lay on Hands
Recoveries 4/8 (1d10+2)

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
The Legion doesn't seem to notice Avélines abortive attempt to stop them. They lock shields and move forward, pushing Avéline back until they bump into the Accountant.
"You are ordered to disperse! Men, as one!"
Avé and the accountant find themselves in a forest of blades! They're both injured, but the Legion is clearly approaching this trying to stop themselves from taking any casualties. Not that the Accountant appreciates the blows he's taken!

Legion pushes forward, shoving Avéline back and engaging the Accountant!
2 attacks on Accountant, 1 on Avé
19, 23 both hit Accountant AC, 22 hits Avé!
Accountant takes 10 damage, Avé takes 5!

But from the other side, in a wave of anger, the angry and the desperate charge the line, and you are stuck in the middle! Not that their clumsy attacks are particularly threatening for most of you. But the Dwarf-Forged accountant is quite fragile, and he comes under a withering hail of blows from them!

Clifford is struck by remorse though. These people are fighting for their homes, the right to be free! Can he really raise a hand against them? The Accountant, somewhere in that metal exterior, feels crushed by the weight of the political calculus. Surely this is a time to strike back against the oppressor?

Roused rabble swarms you! 2 attacks for each of you.
23, 9, one hit on Myc! 18, 8, one hit on Clifford! 19, 13, one hit on Avé! 18, 17, 2 hits on The Accountant!
Myc, Clifford, and Avé take 3 damage. The Accountant takes 9!

Even hits on Clifford and The Accountant: They are dazed, -4 to all attacks (save ends), Rabble does additional damage while you are dazed.
You can end the dazed effect immediately by attacking the Legion.

Your efforts to protect Lord Stieel in the swirling melee keep him free for a moment. He continues to appeal to the general.
"And do you think these people really pose a threat to you? Clearly, if these poor and downtrodden can bring down the Empire, it is weaker than you imagine!"

Clifford is up! ED is at 0.
Lord Stieel will convince the legion to stand down on ED3

Feel free to throw in background checks as a quick action (DC15) or standard (DC10) for getting the Rabble away from the Legion.
Your Icon dice may also be helpful.

pre:
Sudd		AC18 PD14 MD14	57/70 HP
Roused Rabble	AC17 PD15 MD11	66/72HP (9 per)

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo

The riot has begun, as they always seem to whenever Clifford attempts to make REAL change. While it proves that people have been moved by his message, it also usually ends with several casualties. 'Not this time' Clifford resolves to himself. 'Not this time.'

"Citizens, you are better than this. If you cause a riot now, you will be exactly what the legion defines you as: An unruly mob that needs to be put down. You have escaped death once tonight, and it would be all for nothing if your violent actions now sully your bravery and sacrifice earlier. Show the people of Uptown that you are the victims! Show them that you are the courageous heroes fighting for a better life! Show the legion that you are not criminals to be slaughtered, but refugees to be cared for! Do not resist through violence, resist through words and understanding. Then the legion will have no choice but to leave you be, lest they prove themselves and, and by proxy, the Emperor as the villain of Axis."

He holds a hand out and walks towards the legion. He holds his flail horizontally. "These people have committed no crime this night. They have escaped the carnage brought on by the thugs of Rabbleward to seek sanctuary in Uptown." He drops his flail to the ground. "They have seen too much violence, and do not wish to see any more this night. They only want peace. However, if they are being unjustly attacked, or fear their lives threatened they would do what any living being would do. They will do what they will survive. If it is your intention, General, to kill these unfortunate refugees - an action that shows a glaring lack of compassion on your part and on the part of the Emperor - then you must first strike me, an unarmed diplomat, to the ground before you can carry on that evil act." Clifford looks the general in the eye, as well as the legionnaires who are closest to him. Hopefully this act inspires some form of confidence in their cause.

Quick: Riot Retreater to Inspire the Rabble into passive resistance. (+Cha+Lvl): 1d20+4+2+1 24
Move: Disengage from the crowd: 1d20-1 14 move to engage the legion.
Free: Drop my weapon.
Standard: Weigh the Odds: 1d4 4

pre:
Clifford Marshall
Stats			Once Per Battle
HP 23/27 (00)		  [ ]Moment of Glory
AC 16			  [ ]Forceful Command (+2 to an attack roll per cp spent up to ed)
PD 13			Recharge
Recoveries 3/8 (1d8+2)	Command Points: 6

CommaToes fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Aug 13, 2016

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Hm... Good roll plus good :words:... Everyone switches to non-lethal/abstract damage for one round
Also I'll count that as facing the Legion. Your daze falls off

Clifford's words reach the assembled crowd. The ones at the front, inspired by his example, drop their weapons as well. The Legion soldiers shift a bit nervously, and shift their grips. Drilled as they are, even they aren't willing to kill the unarmed.
Lord Stieel gives Clifford a grateful look, and continues shouting at the general.

"Do you see, General Mayheim! They're people! We're all people, living breathing people, capable of talking and listening! What would this violence solve?"

But on the other side of the melee, you have other problems.
Sudd growls, perhaps feeling a bit shown up by Clifford.

"We aren't criminals! We aren't peasants! We're people! And we're going to be heard!"
The rallying cry from the people around you rings your ears a bit, but not much else. But they're still pushing forward to the Legion line, leaving you a bit stuck in between! In their eagerness, the Accountant is knocked over and stepped on, leaving him unconscious in the scrum.
Myc, surrounded by so many people, realizes that Sudd pushed past him! He has Lord Stieel fixed in his gaze, and a sneer on his face. That can't bode well.

Sudd riles up the crowd!
9 and 15 for effects
First effect, 2 mooks can attack with +2 bonus. Both against the Accountant!
27 and 26 hit! he takes 12 damage! The Accountant is down!
... non-lethally. Continue to make rolls to see if you get up (16+ to spend a recovery, 20 means you get your turn as well), but failures won't count against you.
2nd effect, everyone engaged with a mook is hit for... 1 low damage roll...
So Myc and Avé take 1 damage. woop.
Sudd attempts disengage... 11 succeeds! He engages Lord Stieel

Things are still on edge. The press of bodies and the wildness of the situation leaves the scent of crazed desperation in the air. Things could turn for the worse at any moment, and the Accountant is in danger of being trampled! And Lord Stieel throws a glance behind him, noticing the advancing Sudd. The Half-Orc may be thinking of doing something rash...

Myc, the Accountant, and Avé are up! Escalation is at 1!

Feel free to throw in background checks as a quick action (DC15) or standard (DC10) to try stuff.

pre:
Sudd		AC18 PD14 MD14	57/70 HP
Roused Rabble	AC17 PD15 MD11	66/72HP (9 per)

M.c.P fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Aug 12, 2016

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

music

Myc starts rapping at the various rabble that have begun to surround it, taking notice of the Accountant's dire predicament. The two citizens that are currently engaged with Myc both look as if they will both start wailing into him. Myc stares down one of them- prompting them to leave the fight entirely. The other is able to commence its attack while the Myconid bounds forward to the fallen robotic arithmagician.

Standard:Smite the Living (Rabble): 1d20+6 20 1d10+1d12+4 9

Move: Run over to the Accountant, soaking up an OA.

Quick: Spores of Regrowth on The Accountant, he gets a recovery of HP without needing to spend one.

I will be sure to Bastion if an attack would bring someone to 0, or deal 8 or more damage.

pre:
Killer Myc
Stats			Recharge | Daily
HP 22/30 (00)           [ ] Spores of Decay
AC 20			[X]|[X] [ ] [ ] Smite the Living
PD 13			[X][X]Spores of Regrowth
Recoveries 3/8 (1d10+2)

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

The Accountant

Standing up from being knocked down by Sudd, The Accountants eyes seem...eviler. More red, maybe. Certainly more powerful. "ENOUGH" he shoults as the cold burns from his fingers in both directions, towards the rabble and the Legion.

Breath of the White target: 1d2 2 - 2 Targets attacked, lets go for the Rabble and the Legion
Breath of the White: 2#1d20+5 19 7 3d6+4 17 - Hit vs Rabble, Miss vs Legion

Edit: apparently I forgot to put this in: Recovery Roll: 1d6+3 4

pre:
The Accountant
Stats			At-Will
HP 4/27 (00)		  Chaos Bolt
AC 12			  Scorching Ray
PD 14			Recharge
Recoveries 8/8		Daily
Breath Weapon Active	  [X] Breath of the White

Mustache Ride fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Aug 13, 2016

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother

Spotting their patron in danger Avéline leaps to Stieel's defense, but the half-orc is surprisingly fast. She concentrates for a moment, and it suddenly becomes uncomfortably hot to be near the monk "Stand down, Sudd. Going to war with he Legion will cause more problems than it solves. Your death won't change anything."

Burning Fortress: 1d6 1 against the Legion, for all that it matters
Move: Disengage: 1d20 14 Engage Sudd
Standard: Cat Cuts Between Hounds: 1d20+4+1+1 7 1d8+4 5 1d6 3
Quick: Phoenix Touch: 1d8 5 I heal half that much hp, Sudd takes the other half in fire damage

what the actual gently caress is going on with these rolls :psyduck:

pre:

HP 14/21 Recoveries 5/8 (1d8) Ki 4/6
Temporary Bonuses +2 AC
Melee Attack 1d20+4+1+ED

Powers
[ ] Halo (1/battle)
[x] Phoenix Touch (1/day)

Ki Powers

Consumables
+5 Dwarf King

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
OA on Myc: 20 hits, he takes 3 damage.

Your impassioned appeal for peace is working! Several people, realizing their folly, return to the shanty town edge and choose instead to stand passively. Maybe a bit singed by the Accountant's display of magic, but at least they're not dead.
But while you're trying to keep things bloodless, the Legion continues to advance. Thankfully, though, they've calmed down in the face of your pleas. Swords are sheathed, but truncheons are brandished.
Which is why one unfortunate person is grabbed and taken into the line, then promptly chained and arrested. And why some of you are beset by truncheon blows as the Legion continues to follow its orders to pacify this demonstration. Clifford takes it easily, being more used to this sort of thing, but Myc has to step in and take a few hits for the Accountant.

Legion pushes forward, engaging the Rabble
attacks against Rabble, Clifford, and the Accountant!
18 hits Rabble, Nat 1 on Clifford, 21 hits Accountant
Rabble takes 5, one mook is (non-lethally) eliminated.
Accountant is saved by Bastion. Accountant takes 2 damage and Myc takes 2 damage

And all the while you're facing pressure form the other direction, as Sudd continues to press people forward to make a stand for their cause. Avéline gracefully sidesteps one bulky specimen barreling through, but Myc is still trying to keep people from being rash, and gets beaned in an eye by a cobblestone.

Rabble press forward, engaging Avé and Myc
2 attacks vs. Myc, 23 hits! 13 misses. Myc takes 3 damage
1 attack vs Avé, 9 misses.

The poor man's arrest gets people shouting again.
"What did he do! And when will we see him again!? We're not going to let him just disappear!"
Rocks are getting picked up, and things are starting to turn ugly again. Already Clifford's efforts are starting to be forgotten.

Clifford is up! Escalation is at 1!
And after cliffords turn things get lethal again...

Feel free to throw in background checks as a quick action (DC15) or standard (DC10) to try stuff.

pre:
Sudd		AC18 PD14 MD14	55/70 HP
Roused Rabble	AC17 PD15 MD11	35/72HP (9 per)

The Legion	AC18 PD11 MD14	79/80 HP

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo

"Drop your arms, citizens. This is not a battle you can win, nor is it one you should even be a part of. Your best weapon is staying alive to vote - that is where you wield true power!"

Quick: Riot Retreater on the crowd again: 1d20+4+2+1 25

"Legion, General. You should probably set your sights on Rabbleward. The real troubles are there, beyond the obscuring wards. Mr. Sudd, go sleep it off. You will feel better in the morning."

Standard: Try to convince Sudd to not be such a turd. Riot Retreater on Sudd proper.: 1d20+4+2+1 14

Rally Now! is available for anyone who wants it on their turn.

pre:
Clifford Marshall
Stats			Once Per Battle
HP 23/27 (00)		  [ ]Moment of Glory
AC 16			  [ ]Forceful Command (+2 to an attack roll per cp spent up to ed)
PD 13			Recharge
Recoveries 3/8 (1d8+2)	Command Points: 6

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Alright, Clifford keeps everyone from murdalizing for another round.
And, eh... Sudd holds off from rough housing Lord Stieel

Sudd pauses. Pride and anger are writ large on him, but its becoming clear this isn't the glorious revolution he envisioned. Still, he points at Myc and shouts.
"How about you, mushroom man? You stand there, rapping about rights and how the man lyin' to keep us down. But I bet its all talk! Go on, prove me wrong!"
That hurts something deep in Myc, and nearly unconsciously he lifts his broadsword. He ain't no bustah, and he'll show it.

Sudd attempts disengage, 4 fails
Sudd shouts incites the crowd, 18, 6
Incite to rebellion on a low hp enemy... Myc! 14 hits MD.
Myc MUST attack Legion or another member of the party on his turn, 16+ save ends. It will also end if Sudd is reduced to 0
Battle cry! Myc, Avé, and the Legion take... 1 damage.

Lord Stieel is right next to the shield wall now, and almost in the arms of the Legion, but they are leery of laying a finger on the noble lord.

"I know you are a man of honor, and your devotion is admirable. You and I both know there are times a fight is needed. But it is not here, and now, inside Axis among people of the Empire."
The general stares daggers at Lord Stieel, but he's not shouting orders anymore.

Myc, Avé, and Accountant are up! Escalation is at 2!
This is the last round, you just have to hold on.

Map is pretty much the same as last time.

pre:
Sudd		AC18 PD14 MD14	55/70 HP
Roused Rabble	AC17 PD15 MD11	35/72HP (9 per)

The Legion	AC18 PD11 MD14	78/80 HP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

The Accountant

"Being a man of honor seems to have little to no affect on this general puppet of the Emporer, it seems he has his orders, and honestly who can be surprised at them. Killing the poor is just what most of these lords and Generals do for fun, isn't it? Look at the correlation with the games going on at the same time this slaughter is happening.

I have little to give them but my life, it seems. Can you really say the same, General Mayheim? Do you even care about your citizens at all? You should all just FREEZE what you're doing right now!"

Breath of the White target: 1d2 1
Breath of the White: 1d20+7 12 3d6+4 17 ugh

pre:
The Accountant
Stats			At-Will
HP 4/27 (00)		  Chaos Bolt
AC 12			  Scorching Ray
PD 14			Recharge
Recoveries 8/8		Daily
Breath Weapon Active	  [X] Breath of the White

• Locked thread