Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which game are you excited for this month?
Yes
No
Only two times a day
View Results

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Unfunny Poster posted:

The System Shock pre-alpha demo is pretty good at getting across what the look/feel will be. There's of course issues to be addressed but I sorta dig it. I never played any of the System Shock games so maybe I'm just too naive to notice anything bad.

the original system shock is very archaic. as long as they keep to the spirit of the game no matter what they do it will be a big improvement in play-ability.
the sequel is half way to being a modern game and any remaster would have to live up to the excellent fan community mod work that's been done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Real hurthling! posted:

the original system shock is very archaic. as long as they keep to the spirit of the game no matter what they do it will be a big improvement in play-ability.
the sequel is half way to being a modern game and any remaster would have to live up to the excellent fan community mod work that's been done.

I got the 2nd game via GOG for free, I may check it out at some point.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I only ever played System Shock 2, it's not a very fun game

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Jay Rust posted:

I only ever played System Shock 2, it's not a very fun game

I tried to start it really recently, because it's a classic and I got it on steam for cheap way back when. I couldn't really get into it, just because I'm spoiled by modern UIs.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

You never got to experience the interminable backtracking through sci fi hallways with infinitely respawning enemies

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

well I'm sorry June thread, I missed about 1600 of your posts, hopefully you won't hold it against me in July

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

goodbye june. thank you for the games

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

CrashCat posted:

well I'm sorry June thread, I missed about 1600 of your posts, hopefully you won't hold it against me in July

Same. I had a trip. Seems like people had a fun time in the thread. Some crazy guy who loves MGS really hard got banned. June good times.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

This was the month I realized Elder Scrolls doesn't hold a candle to The Witcher 3.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Unfunny Poster posted:

System Shock remake is going through Kickstarter and they put a demo of it on Steam.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1598858095/system-shock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3tbldMoQXA

gave money to the kickstarter. I hope you can pick which console you want it for. Ill probaly go xbone because my PC is a potato.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Unfunny Poster posted:

System Shock remake is going through Kickstarter and they put a demo of it on Steam.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1598858095/system-shock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3tbldMoQXA

I think the "here's a remake of a seminal PC game" Kickstarter will somehow find a way to get funded without my help.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

heh, you said seminal

seminal

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Woah wait what is this?

What's going on here?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Snak posted:

I tried to start it really recently, because it's a classic and I got it on steam for cheap way back when. I couldn't really get into it, just because I'm spoiled by modern UIs.

If you want to see a completely bonkers UI look at the original System Shock.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
So I've bought everything I'm going to buy at the summer steam sale. I honestly have mixed feelings about it, because about 3/4 of what I bought, I own on CD. My current computer doesn't have an optical drive though, so... yeah.

But here's the rundown:

Spacechem - I actually already owned this digitally somewhere, but I forgot where.
Spacechem DLC- I bought this in the middle of typing this post for 49 cents
Serious Sam HD: Gold Edition, which includes
Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter
Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter
Serious Sam Classics: Revolution
Serious Sam Classic: The First Encounter
Serious Sam Classic: The Second Encounter - this is the only one I've played before, logged a bunch of hours as a child, major nostalgia
DEFCON - I bough this when it came out, have a digital copy somewhere, have the cd version still plastic wrapped in my closet. God I am so lazy.
Tomb Raider I
Tomb Raider II
Tomb Raider III - I love all three of these games, and it's gonna be crazy to go back and play them again. As far as I'm concerned, these make of the "Classic Tomb Raider Canon" and it's not until TRIV that everything starts to go to poo poo and Angel of Darkness when it becomes fully poo poo.
Thief Gold
Thief 2 - The Motherfucking Metal Age - Both these games are dope
Max Payne
Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne - I had a hankering after trying to play that abomination that is MP3 on 360
and finally
X-Com Collection, containing
X-COM: UFO DEFENSE
X-COM: ENFORCER
X-COM: APOCALYPSE
X-COM: TERROR FROM THE DEEP - I have never played these, but I have heard about them for years. I played XCOM: Enemy Unknown some recently on 360, but I can't run the sequel, so I figured I'd get the originals.

So all-told I spent about $22 and I got like 13? great games. Mostly a big blast from the past, I'm probably the most excited about the Tomb Raiders and Serious Sams.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The HD Serious Sam games are very good remakes of the originals.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

i love the fight music in the witcher 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLzZUL9ZH6Y

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

serious question how do i replace music in the witcher 3

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

CJacobs posted:

The HD Serious Sam games are very good remakes of the originals.

I didn't know they existed until like last week when someone linked in this thread that video on "Why Serious Sam is Dank" and I was like "holy poo poo I need to get that!"

I'm in the process of moving right now, so I don't know when I'll get around to playing it though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

You never got to experience the interminable backtracking through sci fi hallways with infinitely respawning enemies

thats what makes it good and epic

• Locked thread