Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which game are you excited for this month?
Yes
No
Only two times a day
View Results

• Locked thread
Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Zaphod42 posted:

That's pretty cool, it would be even cooler if they got Steam to support them the other direction.

But then at that point... are they just the same service? :confused:

Kinda feels like Valve should just buy out GOG and make them the 'classic games' division or something.

:confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

In Training posted:

The Wii U was the best console of this gen

Fixed

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

In Training posted:

The Wii U is the best console of this gen

For real. Best ratio of games that are both good and that you can't play on a PC.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Blister posted:

Which generation? Wii U struggles with 2 player dynasty warriors

That's a strange way to qualify a console's relative quality

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
good guy nintendo

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

The Devil Tesla posted:

good guy nintendo

it's fine, all the 2015 games they didn't rerelease are still full price anyway, so it's hard to catch up

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

In Training posted:

CrashCat posted:

Sounds more interesting than my day, though when my day gets interesting it's usually a bad thing. Hope you at least have a relaxing wait on those lovely hard seats

Well at least your day isn't going bad at all, imo boring is better than bad (tho obvs good trumps both)

Thanks, I am gonna be here for a while yet still but I count my lucky stars I'm not in a situation like my friend was where she had to come to this same mcdonald's 5 days a week and sit there during her fiance's 8 hour workshifts because he didn't trust her to go out without banging another guy so he wanted to keep an eye on her and keep her busy by having her organize his trading cards and do deckbuilding for him and keep her from falling asleep even tho she worked the night shift at a nursing home.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

axleblaze posted:

I had a friend tell me that he saw people were really mad that you could play a female Link and he was surprised when I told him that to my knowledge that hadn't really been confirmed anywhere.

I love it when people get mad about Linkle or the idea of a female Link in general. I would challenge anybody to give me a good reason why Link's gender matters at all. He never gets into romances of any kind, among other reasons being that he's a silent protagonist who communicates in nods and grunts. He's just an avatar for the player who goes on adventures that don't factor into his masculinity or whatever.

It's like when nerds get mad about a black Spider-Man. Miles Morales notwithstanding, there's no reason whatsoever why Peter Parker has to be a white guy, besides the fact that he was created in the 1960s by a white guy, like every other Marvel Superhero. That was back when you couldn't have a character of non-white or non-American origins without having them be defined completely by a ridiculous cartoon stereotype.
I mean, look at this 70s-rear end motherfucker:

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf
That sounds like your friend was in an abusive relationship imho, she should leave mcdonalds and go to the police

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Blister posted:

That sounds like your friend was in an abusive relationship imho, she should leave mcdonalds and go to the police

Yeah holy poo poo. Did she marry that guy? Because he is straight-up a psycho control-freak who probably will murder her later.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

deadly_pudding posted:

I love it when people get mad about Linkle or the idea of a female Link in general. I would challenge anybody to give me a good reason why Link's gender matters at all. He never gets into romances of any kind, among other reasons being that he's a silent protagonist who communicates in nods and grunts. He's just an avatar for the player who goes on adventures that don't factor into his masculinity or whatever.

Uhmmm excuse me, ocarina of time link got involved with like every girl in that game by grunting and doing fuckall. Fuckers had to erase him from the time continuum so he could avoid all the people he'd accidentally gotten engaged to. all the fish too. something something no gay marriage in din's country

Blister posted:

That sounds like your friend was in an abusive relationship imho

she was, and she is, but that's neither here nor there

I am glad that I am in a nice, healthy relationship, and I hope everyone can one day find themselves as lucky as I've been in that regard

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

Best exclusives at very least

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
If anything Linkle is extremely true to the original concept of Link, who was named that because he was supposed to be the avatar of or "link" to the player. Really it's shameful it took this long to get a female Link.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

FirstAidKite posted:

Uhmmm excuse me, ocarina of time link got involved with like every girl in that game by grunting and doing fuckall. Fuckers had to erase him from the time continuum so he could avoid all the people he'd accidentally gotten engaged to. all the fish too. something something no gay marriage in din's country

Yeah, but it never gets paid off. He gets kissed on the cheek or something. Doesn't count. Double doesn't count for Princess Ruto, who probably can't tell the difference between humans without consulting a textbook, and therefore would have gunned just as hard for Linkle's flattered, but terrified, hand in marriage.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

FirstAidKite posted:

I am glad that I am in a nice, healthy relationship, and I hope everyone can one day find themselves as lucky as I've been in that regard

I'm going to die alone. Bury me with my Steam library.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
every lady in OoT wanting to bone you is probably the first time Nintendo fully in an unselfaware fashion got its anime on with first party stuff

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Rexroom posted:

"I don't understand why Valve just doesn't create a monopoly and buy GOG out of the market." :v:

Uh... yes? Seems like a good business move for them. :v:

And lets not pretend Steam doesn't already have a monopoly on PC games.

Oh come on, you know that isn't the same thing, don't play dumb. Or do you really not know the difference?

That's just "launch game through steam". Gog is full on giving you credit for owning those games, you can download them from GOG from now on and never use Steam again if you wanted. Similarly it'd be cool if I could take the games I own on GoG and be able to download them from Steam if I wanted.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Jun 1, 2016

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Mordja posted:

I'm going to die alone. Bury me with my Steam library.

This, except it's the steam backlog

axleblaze posted:

every lady in OoT wanting to bone you is probably the first time Nintendo fully in an unselfaware fashion got its anime on with first party stuff

What was the second time

The twilight princess bar lady?

deadly_pudding posted:

Yeah, but it never gets paid off. He gets kissed on the cheek or something. Doesn't count. Double doesn't count for Princess Ruto, who probably can't tell the difference between humans without consulting a textbook, and therefore would have gunned just as hard for Linkle's flattered, but terrified, hand in marriage.

I wasn't really being serious :( sorry if it seemed that way

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

linkle is cool but id rather play as a female link than a new character with a similar name

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

FirstAidKite posted:

This, except it's the steam backlog
I wasn't really being serious :( sorry if it seemed that way

I wasn't trying to be argumentative :shobon:

Anyway, I hope Zelda NX has a gender toggle at the beginning of the game so my girlfriend can make fun of me for playing as Linkle :j:

edit:

Stexils posted:

linkle is cool but id rather play as a female link than a new character with a similar name
or that

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Zaphod42 posted:

Uh... yes? Seems like a good business move for them. :v:

And lets not pretend Steam doesn't already have a monopoly on PC games.

Oh come on, you know that isn't the same thing, don't play dumb. Or do you really not know the difference?

That's just "launch game through steam". Gog is full on giving you credit for owning those games, you can download them from GOG from now on and never use Steam again if you wanted. Similarly it'd be cool if I could take the games I own on GoG and be able to download them from Steam if I wanted.

why

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

axleblaze posted:

pretty much, then they just rolled on with it from then

poo poo, at this point they can't resist so much that Skyward Sword's Zelda is making doe-eyes for like half her screen time

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

In Training posted:

:yeah:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

CrashCat posted:

pretty much, then they just rolled on with it from then

poo poo, at this point they can't resist so much that Skyward Sword's Zelda is making doe-eyes for like half her screen time

I started checking out of SS pretty early just when I realized they had made it so Zelda was also now the childhood friend that totally digs you. The game being sort of bad probably had way more with me not beating it though.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They shoulda put a Zelda costume in Bayonetta 2

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
I hope Nintendo puts a gender select at the beginning of Zelda NX and then patches/recalls all the back catalog Zelda games to add a gender select to the beginning. I hate Gamergators that much.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

they shoulda added a sheik costume to bayonetta and/or bayonetta 2

although i can't complain about the link costume in 1 because that master sword is pretty op

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

i dont care if link is female but please make zelda male

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

In Training posted:

They shoulda put a Zelda costume in Bayonetta 2

Yes, but also, an olimar costume, a mike jones costume, and a waluigi costume

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

corn in the bible posted:

i dont care if link is female but please make zelda male

It's adam and eve, not adam and zeldo!!

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

axleblaze posted:

I'm not saying the anime thing was a good or funny line but anyone acting offended by it is worthy of much derision

Well in that case you sure showed all those imaginary, nonexistent people.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
what about male linkle

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Stexils posted:

linkle is cool but id rather play as a female link than a new character
:psyduck:
Seriously, actual new characters are good stop getting so attached to your brands, people.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

In Training posted:

This is a true story

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Mordja posted:

:psyduck:
Seriously, actual new characters are good stop getting so attached to your brands, people.

nah

make link a girl

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol...Linkle

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

shigeru miyamoto just emailed me and told me that link is a girl and has always been a girl if you believe in yourself.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Stexils posted:

nah

make link a girl

Such binary thinking. Link is a genderfluid pink dragon.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

samus is a guy hes just got big mantits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

*banging on table* girl link girl link girl link

• Locked thread