Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which game are you excited for this month?
Yes
No
Only two times a day
View Results

• Locked thread
FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

corn in the bible posted:

samus is a guy hes just got big mantits

No you're thinking of Metroid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Guy Mann posted:

Well in that case you sure showed all those imaginary, nonexistent people.

Like I brought it up because when I was looking to see if it had been delayed even further the first article I saw was someone saying they will never play Mighty No 9 because of how offended they were by that ad so...

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Now I'm thinking about that argument I used to see years and years back about whether or not sheik was a boy or a girl

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

FirstAidKite posted:

Now I'm thinking about that argument I used to see years and years back about whether or not sheik was a boy or a girl

I have a friend that is a huge smash fan and reads a bunch of boards for those games and he says that people as recently as the latest smash didn't believe Shiek was a girl.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

axleblaze posted:

I have a friend that is a huge smash fan and reads a bunch of boards for those games and he says that people as recently as the latest smash didn't believe Shiek was a girl.

My fiancee used to be friends with a guy who as recently as like 4 years ago refused to believe that Sheik was Zelda at all

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
sheik was ruto

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
It's funny because even within OoT when Shiek is at her least feminine looking it's still pretty obvious she's Zelda and her recent designs just make it all the more obvious

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Stexils posted:

*banging on table* girl link girl link girl link
at least provide the gif

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
His argument was basically "When you go see zelda in ocarina of time as a child, sheik is there too, so sheik can't be zelda"

When he was told that was impa he was all "no that was sheik"

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

me getting ready for e3

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Hey I thought of a good thread title for August:

The August (adj. "respected and impressive") Chat Thread (for the month of August)

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

better title: ITS AUGUST, PLAY GAMES

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

you can even reuse that title if you swap out august for other months

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

August you would like this game, but I was wrong

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

We'll just see who will be the first to make a thread, come July 31st

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

CrashCat posted:

August you would like this game, but I was wrong

This doesn't work because TRUE gamers like all games

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

axleblaze posted:

I started checking out of SS pretty early just when I realized they had made it so Zelda was also now the childhood friend that totally digs you. The game being sort of bad probably had way more with me not beating it though.

They did that in Minish Cap already.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Jay Rust posted:

This doesn't work because TRUE gamers like all games
August you would like that title, but I was wrong

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Why did july to me in the games chat thread?

FirstAidKite posted:

His argument was basically "When you go see zelda in ocarina of time as a child, sheik is there too, so sheik can't be zelda"

When he was told that was impa he was all "no that was sheik"

I also thought that when i was 12 but then impa comes back for shadow temple and i realized i was wrong.

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Jun 1, 2016

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The new Kirby is going to be spectacular. I want to get MH Generations but my MH friends refuse to play it because it runs at 30 FPS while MH4 runs at 60. Oh well

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

I'm going to try and beat Casltevania the Adventure ReBirth today but Stage 5 has been kinda tough.

It's really long but you can get extra lives if you take the right path. Good luck.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

welp

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

Why did july to me in the games chat thread?

have a holly july christmas

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

The new Kirby is going to be spectacular. I want to get MH Generations but my MH friends refuse to play it because it runs at 30 FPS while MH4 runs at 60. Oh well

The new Kirby looks really cool.

What's up with that Kirby 3D Rumble game mode? Is it like some sort of co-op side-scrolling Kirby brawler with character classes?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Evil Eagle posted:

Lol. Sever

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

CrashCat posted:

me getting ready for e3

I just could never get into game of thrones.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Evil Eagle posted:

Lucky for you, there's a whole thread of broken-rear end people like you and me over yonder who will gladly stab dinosaurs with you all day if you join our Discord channel :v:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Harrow posted:

The new Kirby looks really cool.

What's up with that Kirby 3D Rumble game mode? Is it like some sort of co-op side-scrolling Kirby brawler with character classes?

my friend with a japanese 3ds says that it's just a short side mode with set kirby classes. it is co-op but from the looks of it you're just fighting bosses and minibosses together.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
From a number of pages back now but whatever, I dunno where whoever posted it got that pic of the Mirror's Edge Catalyst pre-order, but it definitely does come with the game

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Temporary logo tattoo
Temporary Faith arm tattoo

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
Permanent nerd stank

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

It's been explained already, but it's for Canadians

https://www.ebgames.ca/Toys-Collectibles/Games/720976

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

CrashCat posted:

It's been explained already, but it's for Canadians

https://www.ebgames.ca/Toys-Collectibles/Games/720976

160 CAD is about 120 USD, which plus the price of the game would be the price of the collector's edition everywhere else. So even if that offer doesn't come with the game and you have to pre-order it separate, you are still paying the same price for it. The reason for this is because the EBGames website has separate listings for video games and toys/figures and so they put them up separately because the collector's edition comes with a statue.

edit: Sorry to rain on peoples' 'ha ha look at the game that is going to be bad' parade. Mirror's Edge 2 is going to be good. namaste

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jun 1, 2016

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

CJacobs posted:

160 CAD is about 120 USD, which plus the price of the game would be the price of the collector's edition everywhere else. So even if that offer doesn't come with the game and you have to pre-order it separate, you are still paying the same price for it. The reason for this is because the EBGames website has separate listings for video games and toys/figures and so they put them up separately because the collector's edition comes with a statue.

edit: Sorry to rain on peoples' 'ha ha look at the game that is going to be bad' parade. Mirror's Edge 2 is going to be good. namaste

Wow I never looked at paying $120 for $5 worth of cheap crap that way before... consider my parade rained out.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Jimlit posted:

Wow I never looked at paying $120 for $5 worth of cheap crap that way before... consider my parade rained out.

All video game collectors editions are poo poo, what else is new.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The KOFXIV one looks pretty cool.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

CJacobs posted:

if that's how you interpreted my post, I sincerely apologize

meanwhile, I find myself agreeing with Take Two, ugh send help

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/274020/TakeTwo_chief_sees_no_market_for_roomscale_VR_right_now.php

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

CrashCat posted:

me getting ready for e3

http://i.imgur.com/N5il1Fg.webm

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

The KOFXIV one looks pretty cool.

is that the one bestbuy accidently sold for the price of the base version for like a week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
It's weird to me that publishers can't seem to grasp the really obvious concept that the majority of people don't want a big gaming statue and of those people, they want a character they actually know and like rather than a character from a game they haven't played yet.

It doesn't help that even when it's an established IP, most game characters are so generic that no one would want a statue of them either, I mean, I love the Infamous games but :lol: if you think I want a statue of generic, bald, white dude. Even Souls though people would get excited by a generic suit of armor.

• Locked thread