Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which game are you excited for this month?
Yes
No
Only two times a day
View Results

• Locked thread
Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

linkle is cool but id rather play as a female link than a new character with a similar name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Mordja posted:

:psyduck:
Seriously, actual new characters are good stop getting so attached to your brands, people.

nah

make link a girl

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

*banging on table* girl link girl link girl link

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

better title: ITS AUGUST, PLAY GAMES

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

you can even reuse that title if you swap out august for other months

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

precision posted:

Watch Dogs wasn't even bad at all, just kind of hyper mediocre. I'm pretty stoked for 2.

:confused:

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

PBS Newshour posted:

hey gamers, if you had extra lives like in mario what would you do with them? would you do crazy death defying stuff or save them in case you get a killer disease?

id jump down a pit

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

bloodychill posted:

I am getting the distinct feeling that Microsoft is throwing everything at the wall and seeing what sticks.

microsoft has a very clear vision of what they want to happen (getting everyone on their ecosystem), sadly they lack the competence to make it compelling in any way

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Snak posted:

Yeah, I really dig it, but you can tell they were trying to be taken super seriously and they were actually about as deep as The Hunger Games. Probably actually not as good...

what does "trying to be taken super seriously" even mean in this context. regardless of how good you think the writing is, presenting it in a jokey or meta way would have been completely inconsistent with the tone and themes

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

that reminds me, im playing party hard and the end of level cutscenes are fantastically cheesy. i love the dialogue

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

sonic adventure 2 is a bad game that is still somehow fun

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

If Mark of the Ninja had a good story it'd be a perfect game.

it did have a good story, it fit the rest of the game perfectly. im glad it didn't try to get me to remember or care about a bunch of conflicting factions or teachers or go into detail about the main character's tortured backstory and training or anything.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

Why does Final Fantasy X even let you rename Tidus

so you can name him ReJecht

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

david cameron golden parachutes from prime minister to head pixar exec, the piggy bank from toy story gets VERY nervous

• Locked thread