Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How will you be voting in the UKEU Referendum?
This poll is closed.
Remain - Keep Britane Strong! 328 15.40%
Leave - Take Are Sovreignity Back! 115 5.40%
Remain - But only because Brexit are crazy 506 23.76%
Leave - But only because the EU is terrible 157 7.37%
Spoiled Ballot - This whole thing is an awful idea 61 2.86%
I'm not going to vote 19 0.89%
I'm not allowed to vote 411 19.30%
Pissflaps 533 25.02%
Total: 2130 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

My gosh! a tank full of sand

we must count its grains

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Namtab posted:

glasses!

Half full or half empty?

In more important news, I just found the Midweek Moth and turfed it out

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
Don't blame me, I voted for Comrade Flaps

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
I'm probating the next person who continues this stupid numbers discussion.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

NO gently caress YOU DAD posted:

I'm not sure which element of that story is more ridiculous, the idea that a former president of the Oxford University Jewish Society and preferred candidate of the Jewish Labour Movement is somehow a vicious antisemite, or the fact that Jim Murphy is still relevant other than as a warning to others.

In fairness, I think it's reasonable enough that Jim Murphy is still relevant to his local constituency party. Probably the only place at that.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Please tell me this becomes a controversy because Rhea received so much hateful poo poo from anti-Semites when she put herself forward and for Jim Murphy to then enable those pricks is just gross as all hell.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Tesseraction posted:

I cannot tell if this cloud passing by my eyeline is #7E7E7E or #7D7D7D

let's work together to get to the bottom of this

No joke I would be super happy if someone would invent some sort of portable directional spectrometer.

It would make my life so much easier :(

Hell they might exist for all I know, I just remember the ones I used in chemistry were these huge boxes with a slot to measure the thing in.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Jun 1, 2016

Prince John
Jun 20, 2006

Oh, poppycock! Female bandits?

Wow, thank you for taking the time to write an awesome post. Great to hear from someone who was there and also an archaeologist to boot!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Those sort of things do exist for pigment/paint matching. They're also pretty expensive if properly calibrated.

You can make a cheapass directional spectrometer with a piece of DVD as a diffraction grating, a webcam as the sensor array, a lightproof box, some card with a slit in it, and some lenses from a toy telescope though. It'll just be an rear end to calibrate.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Guavanaut posted:

Those sort of things do exist for pigment/paint matching. They're also pretty expensive if properly calibrated.

You can make a cheapass directional spectrometer with a piece of DVD as a diffraction grating, a webcam as the sensor array, a lightproof box, some card with a slit in it, and some lenses from a toy telescope though. It'll just be an rear end to calibrate.

I also couldn't carry it around with me, I'd look like a pillock trying to set that up to substitute for my having the colour acuity of a dog.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
This thread, post- about 7PM, only really makes sense if you assume that everyone posting in it is drunk.
And that's why these stupid loving arguments go on for so long.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
You could use a smartphone instead of the webcam, and then it'd look more like this:

You could even make it look fancier depending on how much you were willing to pay.

Still got to calibrate it though.

e:

kingturnip posted:

This thread, post- about 7PM, only really makes sense if you assume that everyone posting in it is drunk.
It is the UK thread, so some things are possibly safe to assume.

Like that one person will inform us that they are sober and object to that assumption.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

kingturnip posted:

you're face

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Tesseraction posted:

Please tell me this becomes a controversy because Rhea received so much hateful poo poo from anti-Semites when she put herself forward and for Jim Murphy to then enable those pricks is just gross as all hell.

The most depressing thing about this is that Luke "Var of Piss" Akehurst is easily sailing into port to get on the NEC.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

kingturnip posted:

Who the hell drinks on a Wednesday

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

TinTower posted:

The most depressing thing about this is that Luke "Var of Piss" Akehurst is easily sailing into port to get on the NEC.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Namtab posted:

me for starters

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Namtab posted:

British people giddy with delight about how well this whole country thing is going

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Trickjaw posted:

British people giddy with delight about how well this whole country thing is going
My old local used to have a folk/country thing on a Wednesday which was good for drinking to.

Then it closed with the combination smoking ban/economic crash/local bus garage closing thing. :rip:

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I'm tee total.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Pissflaps posted:

I'm tee total.

We've noticed you taking it out on us.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Pissflaps posted:

I'm tee total.
Of course.

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

Prince John posted:

Wow, thank you for taking the time to write an awesome post. Great to hear from someone who was there and also an archaeologist to boot!

Thanks. It was better but my stupid computer ate the first version.
Should have mentioned CJ Stones' Fierce Dancing as another good source of background colour to the whole festival scene.

Pissflaps posted:

I'm tee total.
Pretty impressive if you can drink the entire river.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I drink only on weekends or at work dos

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Namtab posted:

I drink only on weekends or at work

same

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

I don't drink that much anymore because alcohol that isn't a gigantic bottle of disgusting cider that looks like knockoff tizer eats up the poonds

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
You need to learn the fine art of taking random plant products and yeast and making an end product that is drinkable via fermentation or even distillationpaying spirit tax to your superiors.

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

Extreme0 posted:

The gap between the two sides is 10% yes but the gap for Yes to have won was 5.1% so Yes lost by 5.1%

But it's still correct regardless.

If you change the meaning of the phrase "lost by" I suppose.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
Mr. Of the Llamas, you should probably look a few posts up fairly quickly.

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

Guavanaut posted:

You need to learn the fine art of taking random plant products and yeast and making an end product that is drinkable via fermentation or even distillationpaying spirit tax to your superiors.

Yeah, I'm moving in September where hopefully I'll have more space to do the cool things that ~*actual bona fide ingredients*~ can do if you give them time + space, because it's cool and good. But right now, definitely not, at least not with the kitchen and storage space I have right now.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Bottle of hooch works fine for me I have no tolerance for alcohol. And it's not very expensive.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Guys I think I figured out who Pissflaps actually is.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/14528840.JK_Rowling_involved_in__freedom_of_speech__Twitter_spat_with_SNP_MP/

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you

Namtab posted:

I drink only on weekends or at work dos

Braver man than I, to be drinking with colleagues. I only drink when alone or with close friends, the only people I can trust. To the people I work with, I'm a pioneer.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
I sometimes drink on wednesday but I'm trying to get a nerdgame night going in the pub then so I kind of have to or the landlord will look at me funny

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?

Heisenberg1276 posted:

Jeremy Corbyn: The Outsider is out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94ptAcbfKP0

What do people think?

I lolled pretty hard at

"Who wants to be Prime Minister"

"Er, you do I think..."

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

TinTower posted:

Luke The Nuke fucker Akehurst getting in because of running the jews out of the race is a fitting way to win for a little Israel cheerleader like him.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Gonzo McFee posted:

Luke The Nuke fucker Akehurst getting in because of running the jews out of the race is a fitting way to win for a little Israel cheerleader like him.

I hate that egg masquerading as a human being.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I see Ken Livingstone is still acting like an arse with as little self-awareness as certain UKMT regulars.

The man is incapable of just not making public appearances. He's far too in love with the spotlight. “I think this has been largely manufactured by people trying to undermine Jeremy Corbyn,” yes Ken, it kind of has but you'd think that because you are aware of that you'd maybe shut your loving trap for a few minutes, or at the very least consider your words a lot more carefully & tactfully when you know people are going to use your idiocy as a stick to beat the leader with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

The guy who cut my hair and beard a few days ago said he is a strongly in the leave camp because "it shouldn't be illegal to have an English flag outside your house". I didn't argue with him on account of the razor he was holding to my throat at the time.

He followed up by saying he won't be voting anyway as he's on holiday that week, so he can't. I could have told him about postal votes, but... naah.

• Locked thread