Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How will you be voting in the UKEU Referendum?
This poll is closed.
Remain - Keep Britane Strong! 328 15.40%
Leave - Take Are Sovreignity Back! 115 5.40%
Remain - But only because Brexit are crazy 506 23.76%
Leave - But only because the EU is terrible 157 7.37%
Spoiled Ballot - This whole thing is an awful idea 61 2.86%
I'm not going to vote 19 0.89%
I'm not allowed to vote 411 19.30%
Pissflaps 533 25.02%
Total: 2130 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I have a game going of how long any Leave supporter can justify their reasoning to vote leave before they drop The I Word.

I think the record is around 2 or 3 bullet points.

For most leavers I know it's point number 1.

I haven't noticed people being coy at all. It's single issue: Immigrants are ruining the country and are responsible for everything wrong. They'll gladly destroy their own lives and economic security to punish these fuckers. They might regret it in a year but right now they're all for going down in one giant fireball in order to kill the immigrant scourge and make the smoking ruins of Britain great again.

I wonder how much better this country would be if it wasn't ruined by one of the vilest press machines in modern history. So many of the things wrong with our society is down to a hostile narrative kept simmering by the rags. I wonder if the concept of freedom of the press was ever meant to co-exist with such viralant hateful propaganda.

Regarde Aduck fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Jun 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

I don't get it?

I think the intention is that Corbyn wasn't clear but I think some of those questions are from people who didn't watch/listen?

If you watched someone make a speech with "Remain" written on the front of his podium and then have to ask if he was leave or remain the problem isn't with Corbyn.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Pissflaps posted:

I think the take home message is that many people are unsure about Corbyn's stance on this subject. Possibly because he's been largely irrelevant throughout the referendum campaign.

The take home message is people can't read. Or can't perform critical thinking. Or don't have higher brain function. All of this is bad for Corbyn and humanity and is going to take more than a replacement leader to fix.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Dead Goon posted:

My entire office seems to be very firmly in the Brexit camp, except one person who revealed today they would be voting remain and was then soundly jeered at in a Westministeresque PMQ display.

Listening to the Brexiters I can't quite fathom any solid reason why they feel we should leave, except the scare tactics being used by Remain.

I stay out of it, never discuss Religion and Politics at work and all that.

Your workmates are all retarded racists and you should probably murder them.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

FinalGamer posted:

My dad was a local seller of cars, and he got pointed at by a detective up in Stonehaven who thought he was some local drug kingpin because people who bought stuff from him were sometimes stupid junkies. Said detective brought down the whole police force thinking he was gonna hit the big one and my dad publicly humiliated him by turning out to be a clean smartass and the detective in turn got chewed the gently caress out of by his captain for wasting everybody's time.

The detective a few months later planted 2000 ecstacy tablets in my dad's car during a road stop and had him jailed for six months. Then my family house got raided three times in one year, all of our friends were threatened by the detective's squaddies to stay away from us, our vehicles were sabotaged which at one point forced my mom to crash on the motorway, and they also hung up dead rabbits in front of our house to scare us. They were also very clear about "our kind" not being welcome here because we're Greek descendants.

They also "confiscated" my child benefits which I was receiving at the time because I have severe hearing problems. We never got those back. I was 10 years old. I can't remember anything that happened in 1997 other than being thrown out of my bed by cops and being screamed at. We were forced to settle out of court with them for a lovely bargain because my dad stupidly thought a few years before that tax evading was a good way to put a finger up to the government. So they had a trump card on us, we were hosed and we had to settle out of court.

So yeah, I might be biased when I say that you don't trust the police. The detective was given paid leave so he doesn't work there anymore but he wasn't fired for it.

gently caress Stonehaven Police. :colbert:

Jesus loving christ

Well, that's this day ruined. I feel awful and it's not even 12 o'clock.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Namtab posted:

There's not a particular problem with stupid, idiot or words of that particular ilk, unless you use them in a particular way. The problem with retarded is the same problem as spastic, that its a specific medical diagnosis that became an insult.

Intent is everything. No one saying retarded ITT is ever going to be mocking people with downs syndrome. Point taken anyway. But I am getting a little frustrated just how little language there is left that can fully encapsulate my hatred for the people of this loving country. "Stupid" just doesn't have the right weight to it. Moron has a nice ring to it but it also has its origins as a medical term. I guess "Thicky thicky thickton!!!!!!!" will have to do.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Char did nothing wrong.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
I think the EU's reputation at being able to control immigration from outside Europe is too damaged for fash.

Better to pull back and close the borders of our little inbred island. Britain will then be great again like it was when we uh.... ruled the world by having giant armies made up of people from all the places we conquered while being very much non-isolationist. gently caress knows.

I think the plan is:

1) Leave EU
2) Britain now has infinite money
3) Britain is no.1
4) All Commonwealth nations want to be part of Britain again
5) All people in Commonwealth nations mysteriously white and European????? Makes u think
6) Britain controls world again but has no non-white population because of the dark magiks of John Dee!
7) Instrumentality

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Where I live the Remain campaign is basically nonexistent. Now is that down to known voting habits of this particular area or is the Remain campaign just weak as gently caress? There are giant "Leave" signs everywhere. North Wales for reference.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Guavanaut posted:

Are you sure that's about Europe and not just by some of the locals?

Rude.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

forkboy84 posted:

I'm not sure the people in my area are privy to the Machiavellian tactics of the SNP higher ups to be honest Jedit. You sound like a paranoid conspiracy loon any time you talk about the SNP, you realise that, right?

That's not Machiavellian. It's common sense. The SNP narrative is of a hostile England. Which is why they hate Corbyn/Labour and want Brexit. What's bad for the integrity of the U.K. Is good for the SNP.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
maths is stupid and i bet in the future they will think we were so silly for believing in it

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Tesseraction posted:

Apparently Labour heartlands in Wales are really gunning for Leave.

No loving kidding. Nothing but giant leave signs everywhere. What the gently caress is "Remain" doing? This is AV all over again.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Aren't northern and western Wales among the biggest recipients of EU grant money?

I've been telling this to the few people that are "leave" voters but I can otherwise tolerate. I've not had much success. Basically they don't want to think about it.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Tesseraction posted:

Honestly you'd think after the last referendum Hambo would have gotten this campaigning poo poo sorted out.

I thought him going down as the prick who lost the British Union would have been perfect but him being the prick who sleepwalked us into losing the European Union would certainly sum up his premiership nicely.

A friend pointed out to me today - voting leave would make all those UKIP MEPs jobless, too. Voting Leave is thus a decent way to spite Big Nige*.

*spite voting is dumb never do it

I don't see the Union surviving if we leave. So he may have done both anyway.

Puntification posted:

Dunno if the polling this is based on still holds true but I found a regional breakdown of it from Feb, which some might find interesting:

I live in a "relatively Europhile" area and there is nothing but "leave" signs and "leave" leaflets through my door. So I don't know what is going on other than the "remain" campaign doing a piss poor job. Unless they think they don't have to campaign in this area? Bad idea. Bad bad idea.

Also I apparantly know all the euroskeptics in Wales because there's a loving lot of them for such a "europhile" area.

Also Also: gently caress England.

Regarde Aduck fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Jun 8, 2016

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Namtab posted:

I've been to Ireland and nobody owned a computer, people went to the pub and chatted, mobile facebook

How do they play Dark souls 3?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
NON MARXIST DETECTED

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
It's the bit all the English people go to because their own country is poo poo and ruined.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
I'm not sure Corbyn failing to revive old policies is a bad thing. He gets poo poo for minor things like nuclear disarmament. Imagine the field day they'd have with someone who wants to "betray" the UK by giving NI to Ireland. Remember all the lovely awful military blowhards telling the papers they'd totally be up for murdering Corbyn to protect the country for commies. Well that times a million.

I'd say the political zeitgeist of the UK outright requires one to take babysteps or the media will make an example of you.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Qwertycoatl posted:

I just got this "OFFICIAL" leaflet:

:fuckoff:

Are they allowed to pretend to be official like that?

And nice implication that Iraq and Syria are next in line for EU membership after Turkey and friends.

I've had a load of them and they all do it. The first couple were very minimilist and official looking and I had to read the small print to find out it was from "Leave". The whole campaign has been so loving dodgy but no one gives a poo poo. Not even the "Remain" camp. It really is AV all over again.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

I could blather out my reply but Enrico Tortolano says it better here: http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jun/06/should-uk-brexit-trade-union-views and also I don't want to be part of a political union which is comfortable pounding Greece into the dust probably for no better reason than to show Italy and Spain what's coming to them if they don't play ball.

The problem we face in Britain is that while the EU may be a shower of bastards, if we leave we just give the domestic ultra shower of bastards more power. Boris and Gove don't want out because they care about workers. Essentially "Leave" is right: The EU strips the UK of some control. And that's fantastic when you have a hostile right wing government.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Taear posted:

Because Britain is the best place ever and people are clamouring to come here/trade with us. Right?

Well yeah. That's exactly the narrative of most leavers. We're the best country in the world, rule Britannia and all that. They're loving dipshits.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Roblo posted:

I'm starting to genuinely get worried now. The Leave leaflet I had through my door today is full of so much bullshit and halftruths that I know so many people are going to fall for.

No one seems to care. Especially not the "Remain" campaign which tried to scare people into voting remain but gave up when that backfired. That was the entire "Remain" plan it seems. Go "THE ECONOMY" and when all the wankers shouted back "IMMIGRANTS" they threw up their hands and sulked. This is your Britain cameron. Everyone is a mad dog just the way you wanted them.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Jedit posted:

So you came to the part of Britain with the highest rates of alcoholism, depression and suicide? Misery really does love company.

And found his calling destroying the evil empire. Where France failed, he would surely win. So close...

And now the Tories might beat him to it. Shameful.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

JFairfax posted:

Haha the referendum coincides with Glastonbury festival.

Hope all those attending have sorted out postal or proxy votes

I'm facepalming because i'm guessing people that go Glastonbury are more likely to vote Remain than the average racist on the street.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Coohoolin posted:

How funny would it be if the UK hosed off an Scotland left to stay in the EU and ended up with all the special treatment deals the UK has at the moment?

Are you asking personally?

Not very funny at all because i'm not in Scotland.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Leggsy posted:

Tomorrow's Sun

I do believe we might be hosed

Really really wish Welsh nationalism wasn't dead.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Don't pussy out Scotland. You're the only hope now. Destroy the Union. If we can't be in the EU then the dumb loving English can't have their UK. You know what you must do.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Tesseraction posted:

You do find that the people who have been telling Remain to gently caress off have by and large been blue collar workers. The racism is a problem with their reasoning but not with their frustration. When your life has been poo poo despite working hard then surely someone else is nicking it from you?

Thanks to the gentrification of the Labour Party it's looking less and less like them as they start to look more and more like the Tories. With notable exceptions.

I just consider the UK's working class to have been corrupted almost totally into lumpenprole and plan accordingly. It's not like Marxism didn't already have this handy term ready as a guilt-free way of reasoning that some of the uneducated working class are beyond hope.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Tesseraction posted:

Please do not reply to Maoist Pussy he is a Tea Party Republican who gimmick posts as a fake leftist to concern troll.

it is really weak style and you should ignore him

They exist outside of GBS? I thought all right wingers of SA had ran off site or stayed in GBS to post dog whistle racism.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Maoist Pussy posted:

I am a twee anglophile, but I drink my tea with lemon and sugar because I am an American. I don't think Republicans drink tea unless they are grandmas.

I drink it with milk and sugar because i am a cool dude and secure in my drinking habits. I loving love sugar. gently caress special K give me my frosties!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Tesseraction posted:

That reminds me that John Harris has another brilliant piece in the Graun today:

I skipped plenty, but it's well worth reading.

What the working class will stand for: Human rights violations, the death penalty, blow immigrant boats out the water/let them drown, stop giving money to shirkers (this includes disabled), our country, our boys, work for benefits, university fees, zero hour contracts, huge banker bonuses, the rich getting ever richer, tax evasion, the slow privatization of the NHS and other public services.

What they won't stand for: The EU.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
It is cool and good to murder those that plan to do you and yours harm once they have the power. This is a beautifully simple to understand philosophy. If you find yourself being murdered because of your plans to murder the murderers then you need to get good.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Tesseraction posted:

Some dude in the Obama administration said something along the lines of 'of course we would keep our trade and political association with a key ally' but did also say the UK could lose its 'special relationship' with the USA.

Imagine the lovely TTIP type deals that the US and the Tories can force on the British public without it having to go through Brussels. Bye bye all food standards, US firms helping to privatise the NHS. Deregulation of consumer rights. EPIC EPIC stuff.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Pissflaps posted:

His 'support' for the EU seems the least principled of all the main actors in this whole affair.

Argument made in bad faith. Foul.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Ahodge!!111111

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Shouldn't something as important as leaving the EU have a threshold vote? Like it should require 70% wanting to leave. Dead heats such as this should result in the losing side rioting but I don't think Remain have the instincts for that. Unfortunately.

It's going to end up with 51% of the 30% that vote forcing us out of Europe. poo poo like this should have been A) Mandatory vote B) Threshold.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Extreme0 posted:

Remain:52.4% (Scotland - 74%, NI - 76%, Wales - 46%, England - 45%)
Leave:48.6% (Scotland - 36%, NI - 34%, Wales - 54%, England - 55% Leave)
Turnout: Wales- 58%, England - 64% , Scotland - 72% ,NI --75%
Spoiled: 0.2%

Why do you have Wales voting leave almost as much as England? I thought Wales was very much pro remain?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Baron Corbyn posted:

Wales is slightly pro-remain in polls, but UKIP do well here and Wales is probably more jaded with politics than any other area of the U.K. and always has very low turnouts. I wouldn't be surprised to see Wales vote leave.

:(

Yeah I don't get why UKIP is making gains here. Maybe we just need a few more years of them being blatantly insulting like they are with the Scottish. They're the English National party only they can't call themselves that because the brand is spoiled.

edit: I must stop inserting swear words for no actual reason

Regarde Aduck fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jun 21, 2016

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Guavanaut posted:

I was thinking about this too. The middle class are far more Remain, and the traditional proletariat are far more Leave.

Are we class traitors if we vote Remain, or is everything just terrible?
(It's both, isn't it.)

It's really simple when you consider the UK to be a unique case of almost absolute lumpenprole. You're free to consider yourself working class but understand that you're a minority in a sea of mad dogs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Rakosi posted:

Come on LEAVE imo

Bahaha! Bad thing = good! Owned!!!!!!!!!

• Locked thread