Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How will you be voting in the UKEU Referendum?
This poll is closed.
Remain - Keep Britane Strong! 328 15.40%
Leave - Take Are Sovreignity Back! 115 5.40%
Remain - But only because Brexit are crazy 506 23.76%
Leave - But only because the EU is terrible 157 7.37%
Spoiled Ballot - This whole thing is an awful idea 61 2.86%
I'm not going to vote 19 0.89%
I'm not allowed to vote 411 19.30%
Pissflaps 533 25.02%
Total: 2130 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Continue to get confused and frustrated with me as I dance to your anger.

As I expect nothing more from ya you stupid runt!

Guavanaut posted:

On the other hand, you can see why there's quite a few Black and Asian people worried about staying in, even if Leave also has its share of crazy racists:

Something seems wrong about this. Let me see...

Ah there you go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Guavanaut posted:

:golfclap: I think the BBC deliberately left the UK blank to avoid the accusations of bias if they put the SNP or UKIP or literally anyone on there.

I was going to put UKIP as irrelevent as England dosen't have it's own parliament.

If you are wondering where Denmark is. It's under the ocean where it belongs.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

Coohoolin posted:

I know I'm gonna get a massive collective eyeroll from everyone for this, but all of those parties listed are right wing ethnic nationalists, which the SNP is quite obviously not. Exhibit A, Humza Yousaf.

:thejoke::thejoke::thejoke:

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

Baron Corbyn posted:

Apparently someone is leaking Corbyn's PMQs to Cameron before he answers them. So Cameron's complete non-answers and unrelated personal attacks are with time to prepare for them.

Everyone take guess on who it is.

Pissflaps posted:

The Scottish Referendum result wasn't close, let alone very close.

It was literally 5% away from being 50/50. How the gently caress can you be in denial over that.

The same man that wanted to reintroduce alcohol in football matches and preety much helped destroyed Scottish Labour even further.

Man should of been hit by a brick instead of an egg.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

Pissflaps posted:

But it wasn't. Yes lost by 10%. That's not close.

44.7% to 50.1% to win is 5.4%, If Yes lost by 10% that would mean the vote total for Yes is 39.7%

If you keep the actual Yes Vote result at 44.7% while saying they lost by 10% that means they would of had to reach 10.9% which would put the amount of votes for Yes at 55% and No Vote as 45% to win it which isn't part of the condition otherwise you would have the total votes be 105% for the current voting results if Yes lost by 10% which isn't mathimatically possible in a referendum.

MrL_JaKiri posted:

The 2008 American election, for example, was regarded as "decisive" and was 53-46.

It's decisive because it actually has one side having more then the other.

Decisive and Close are not both the same thing.

Extreme0 fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jun 1, 2016

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

Pissflaps posted:

The difference between 45 and 55 is 10.

I haven't the foggiest what you're talking about in this post.

The amount of votes for Yes to win would of been 50.1% which is 5.1% to win which is 5% rounded.

MrL_JaKiri posted:

This is not how people measure points gaps in politics.

People don''t realise that in order to win a referendum based on getting 50.1% when a side has 45% of the votes is to gain 5.1% more? Yea I know I've talked with the average Brit.

MrL_JaKiri posted:

For one thing, people don't use "decisive" to mean "a decision was reached".

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/decisive

quote:

adjective: decisive

settling an issue; producing a definite result.
"the archers played a decisive part in the victory"
synonyms: deciding, conclusive, determining, final, settling, key;
having or showing the ability to make decisions quickly and effectively.
synonyms: resolute, firm, strong-minded, strong-willed, determined;

Actually yes it is.

MrL_JaKiri posted:

For another thing, I was suggesting they were antonyms whereas you're implying I was suggesting they were synonyms.

So you were being sarcastic in text.

MrL_JaKiri posted:

In summation, you are doing a poo poo impression of Pissflaps being obtusely pendantic and I claim my five poonds.

I didn't realise that disagreeing with someone is preety much up there with being a poo poo pissflaps clone.

Also you can have your five poonds but it's all in Marx and are equally worthless.

Namtab posted:

I think the thing extremo is confused about relates to the fact that in a strictly binary choice the percentage of the options always add up to 100, so for option 1 to be 55 option 2 has to be 45, which he thinks is a difference of only 5% of the electorate as a result or something.

That's because a strictly binary choice is more logical then whatever the hell you guys are suggesting.

Bloody humans.

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Except that also assumes that the voting population is constant and some people are just changing their minds, which is clearly not how it works.

How the hell can you change your mind and change the result after the vote happened.

Extreme0 fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Jun 1, 2016

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/man-slashes-throat-front-horrified-7362109#vitukBo7SVqWMZiz.97

That's some hardcore temper tantrum.

Pissflaps posted:

I sense you feel you're making a coherent argument.

You're not. This is nonsense.

Nuh uh you are nonsense.

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Tell me the truth, is this a performance art piece?

It's in the works Along with creating an AI with the mind of Pissflaps.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

Pissflaps posted:

Fifty five minus forty five is ten.

It's still in the works as you can see. Seems to be repeating the same function over again like a broken record.

baka kaba posted:

What's weird about saying if 5% of voters had said Yes instead of No then Scotland would be independent?

Because that would mean it's "decisive".

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

Pissflaps posted:

The problem is then concluding that the gap between the two votes was this lower number, rather than the ten it was.

The gap between the two sides is 10% yes but the gap for Yes to have won was 5.1% so Yes lost by 5.1%

MrL_JaKiri posted:

It's literally weird, in that stating it in that way is very unusual and not how it's done.

But it's still correct regardless.

Namtab posted:

The swing was five, but the difference in the percentage of the electorate who voted for "no" rather than "yes" is 10.

My god Einstein's alive!

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Just walking back home after a quick shop visit, middle aged woman comes out of the pub wearing a t-shirt with the words PIG FUCKER above two pictures of David Cameron. If I had my phone with me, I'd have taken a picture

You should of told her that she was doing a great service.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

My car got broken into through a window at one point and I lived a few houses away from the Police Station. It took them over thirty minutes to get to my car.

This was back in the mid 2000s. God knows how long it would take now.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

FinalGamer posted:

So yeah, I might be biased when I say that you don't trust the police. The detective was given paid leave so he doesn't work there anymore but he wasn't fired for it.

Who's the oval office, what is it's name.

Pissflaps posted:

Thirty minutes doesn't sound long for the police to respond to a car that's been broken in to.

Sure if you're quite a distance away.

Except it was on the same street a few houses away.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

Pesmerga posted:

I wish I could agree - unfortunately I think it will create a constitutional crisis that will end the UK as we know it.

OK now I'm voting Leave.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

Jose posted:

I too support the use of trident

I'm glad that we are all in the same group of eradicating humanity.

Jedit posted:

I have today seen someone saying that Britain doesn't need a long term energy policy because we will be able to buy lots of cheap energy from Europe, as once we leave the EU they will have to give us a good deal.

I figure this is on online right?

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

Ah David Coburn. A poor man's trump.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

TinTower posted:

Tom Watson voted for it, in one of the most surprising volte-faces imaginable because he's usually pretty canny about tech issues.

The gently caress. That's a face heel turn if I ever saw one.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

Regarde Aduck posted:

Also Also: gently caress England.

Nationalist!

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

OwlFancier posted:

The value of modern industrial farming is that it requires minimal labor, we have an abundance of farmland.

This place produces about 10% of all tomatoes, cucumbers, and peppers in the UK, year round. It does, however, have a staff of about 500 people.

Those look more like solar panels then Greenhouses to me.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

Regarde Aduck posted:

Well yeah. That's exactly the narrative of most leavers. We're the best country in the world, rule Britannia and all that. They're loving dipshits.

So great that the Union was in the balance two years ago by democratic vote.

Some great country.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

Most of the Brexit odds are shortening again. Did something happen in the last day or so to make betting on Brexit seem like a good idea or is it just momentum?

The same thing happened with the Scottish Indyref.

Nearer the end date. The losing side gains some traction and starts to showcase that they have the potential to overcome the odds.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

A week after Brexit France is going to come looking for us to make sure we're alright and find us face-down in the Atlantic ocean

Actually they would only check on Scotland. Auld Alliance and that shite.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I want Remain to win for various reasons, especially if Scotland and NI narrowly manages to pull away the rUK from leaving. It would be so loving great to see them foaming about Scots "RUININ OUR COUNTRY" after they convinced them to stay.

If Leave wins then I think I can justify my hatred of the British identity even more to the point I wouldn't give a poo poo if someone British gets hurt/killed by an angry Scot. but that will never happen because the best that Scotland has to that is the Scottish Resistance who's biggest accomplishment is camping outside George Square for a few days before getting kicked out by the council.

Coohoolin posted:

Yeah that worked REALLY well for Labour when they did it during the indyref.

UK Media dosen't care when It's labour getting kicked around.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

quote:

In June 2009, Adam Busby Jr., the son of the SNLA founder, was jailed for 6 years for sending a total of 6 packages to various political figures, including First Minister Alex Salmond, Liberal Democrats MSP Mike Rumbles and Glasgow City Council. The packages contained shotgun cartridges and threatening notes. Police linked the crimes to Busby after calls made to journalists claiming SNLA responsibility for the actions were traced to his mobile phone.

We want Indepedence so much we will threaten the person who is trying to achieve Indepedence. Genius.

That group is so retarded it's no surprise it's hosed.

It's amusing to see a second Scottish independence referendum talked about as a given if Leave wins. I'm pretty certain that Westminster will just tell them to go to hell if they ask for it.

I no doubt that Westminister will just tell them off but I couldn't give a poo poo regardless.

Julio Cruz posted:

On the other hand, if Scotland leaves that's 57 fewer seats for a potential Labour coalition government.

You mean one seat right? Considering most of Labour had lost their seats in a wipeout a year ago.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

Blue Star Error posted:

This certainly sounds like the sort of thing a normal well adjusted person would say

What part of "I couldn't give a poo poo" that you didn't understand?

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

Jose posted:

fortunately he's never leaving his house to enact this weird fantasy

Who said I was the one to enact the fantasy? The only thing I've stated so far is that I've stopped giving a poo poo about Brits in general if a leave vote happened. Nowhere did I state that I was going to go outright kill someone over it.

Robot Mil posted:

He's accepting having the piss taken out of him for having zero sense of humour pretty well, and managed to nearly keep a straight face when shown a picture of David Cameron and a pig... This is bad for Corbyn?

Everything is bad for Corbyn.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

Pissflaps posted:

You're hosed up.

OwlFancier posted:

Also maybe in a little poor taste to make fun of the guy with one leg for sitting down too much.

Pissflaps, are you Iain Duncan Smith?

He makes me look like a saint.

This thread is anime.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

Namtab posted:

Yo extremeo if you're advocating death or saying that you don't give a gently caress if people die there's something wrong with you. See your gp.

I'm a Misanthrope. You can't cure that.

Namtab posted:

Also Scots are British people

Yes they are.

namesake posted:

No matter what votes take place Scotland will always be part of the British Isles and so probably will be considered British.

The Island of Great Britain, not the British Isles. Otherwise you're including Ireland which is it's own seperate thing. I no doubt people will still consider themselves british regardless as an identity to a cultural/neighbourly thing similar to Scandinavia.

I just don't consider myself British even though my passport says I am. We do have things called preferences.

Jippa posted:

UKMT June 2016: I'm just saying I don't care if they die, what is weird about that?

Not many British people give a poo poo about tons of people drowning in the ocean right now. It was only till a small boy in the beach where everyone started crying their little black hearts out. Then the cologne attacks happened and they went back to immigrant blaming 101.

Pantsuit posted:

That guy fantasising about Scots killing the English or whatever is hilarious and probably identifies as socialist/left wing. Why would the destruction of a force for evil make you so angry?

Because British voters are incompetent. I rather have the EU then Westminister if you gave me a choice.

mediadave posted:

But that's a stupid differentiation - if you asked me if I considered myself Scottish or Glaswegian I'd probably have to choose Scottish...does that mean I don't consider myself Glaswegian too?

I think she meant Scottish Only/Scottish First as to why it's high as people tend to lump it as being Scottish over British. Scottish and British tends to be higher then British then Scottish for that matter too.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

Regarde Aduck posted:

Don't pussy out Scotland. You're the only hope now. Destroy the Union. If we can't be in the EU then the dumb loving English can't have their UK. You know what you must do.

Troubles 2: Electric Boogaloo?

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

FinalGamer posted:

I'm very certain the majority of Scotland is Remain, so if England's greater majority vote Leave we're going to get another schism and this time we're almost certainly going to be saying Yes to independence because jesus christ the two countries are so different in political thoughts that it will be impossible to come to any agreement in a Leave campaign.

It's going to end up like 1979 again isn't it.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

Burn the Far Right at the stake.

ReidRansom posted:

So hey, for an American who can't go back and suss it out by reading who knows how many pages of foodstuffs chat, is this killing likely to swing the referendum vote towards stay, you think?

I doubt it honestly. The amount of spite from many brits will make them ignore this tragedy when they vote.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

big scary monsters posted:

Lucky this didn't happen a week later or you might not have cared at all!

Well would you rather have me as a heartless bastard :v:

I do care for this particular situation though for multiple reasons but maybe I just lack empathy for people I don't know personally. My frustration turned hatred has preety much just made me feel a lack of care to whatever happens to people that frustrate me. Still it is a tragedy all the same and I feel like I do have enough sympathy to at least offer my condolences but that won't change much in the end.

LeoMarr posted:

How's Ire land's response to the brexit? As far as I have heard they're planning for a leave vote.

Polling for them has been preety much remain, a bit higher then Scotland.

Unless you actually meant ROI which case I don't know. Do you know someone that can contact the dead?

Extreme0 fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Jun 17, 2016

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

Yeah I'm sorry that was actually not called for on my part, I can only offer as excuse that I'm super jetlagged and sleep deprived and not at my best. I think I understand what you mean even if I wouldn't put it quite like you did in your other post. With so much lovely stuff happening all the time it is difficult to feel strongly for each and every case of a bad thing affecting a person you don't know personally.

You have every right to to be pissed off at me regardless as my comment was insensitive enough to receive the responses it did. But I'm at the point where I stopped caring about what people might feel when I say something that's considered offensive. When I learned that Jo Cox was murdered it didn't recieve much of a responce from me other then it made me puzzled as to why she died. It was only till information that a British far-right nutter killed her that I started getting angry due to how there was no justifiable reason for this course of action other then illogical impulses. When I first heard the news my first thoughts was speculating rather then being emotional over her death. Maybe I'm desensitised to human misery or maybe I'm starting to become a apathetic psycho/sociopath. Who knows really.

corbyn will have to step down after this shameful result

You jest but I no doubt that someone will blame Corbyn for this and Jo Cox's death.

Pissflaps posted:

She'd also be showing herself not to care what most people who voted in the Scottish independence referendum think either.

Preety sure most people voting no also would assume that the EU wasn't going to be risked.

https://twitter.com/UK_Together/status/506899714923843584

Preety amusing that the Yes Campaign were right about the Tories getting in and a EU referendum was going to happen as a result. They didn't get Farage in coalition though so that's 2/3.

Pissflaps posted:

This happened in Catelonia already if you want to see what happens in this scenario.

An SNP referendum without legislative Westminster backing would lack legitimacy and only those who support independence would take part. The result of it would be meaningless.

The only thing I can see a referendum without WM approval having some sort of legitimacy is if everyone was forced to vote on the issue to make sure that a fair number of people got their say because like you said it was only the indy Catelonians that took part which really isn't enough of a voting turnout for an illegitmate referendum to cause change. I mean I doubt that the referendum would still achieve anything even if there is a diffirence in voting with a high enough turnout unless things get violent paramiltary style.

I also assume that Sturgeon talking to EU officals was a motive to increase the likeihood of people changing their minds but that will only happen if the EU and SNP agreed on a deal and I very, very much doubt it considering the SNP may want some sort of opt-outs like the Euro to not scare off voters. I can see the EU being bitter enough to screw the UK though.

Of course the other possiblity in the result of a leave vote is to keep Scotland in the UK but in the EU as well. How the hell that would work I'm not sure.

feedmegin posted:

I mean what are they going to do, send in the tanks? How's that going to look abroad?

Uh...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_George_Square

I mean the Scottish Government can declear UDI as it's not breaking international law (not that it means much). But they have to be prepared for a huge shitstorm similar to the Irish easter rising and the SNP don't have the balls to actually start training and arm people to retaliate for that so they would just get swiftly arrested for it.

TomViolence posted:

Why are yo u so care tho falps ??

He dosen't want his fanfiction of the UK falling apart.

TinTower posted:

Cameron should've really accepted the four-nation lock on the referendum if he wanted to keep the United Kingdom a) United and b) in the EU. I imagine he doesn't want to be known as "the man who destroyed Britain".

"The man who destroyed our bacon".

TinTower posted:

An actual federal solution would have been better but the Tories have been blocking that for six years in favour of the undemocratic "city region mayor" bullshit.

An actual federal solution would of actually made the Indepedence question almost a moot point because most people would be for it. It's funny to see the Tories/Blairites trying so hard to keep it as it is with tiny bits of scraps when the beasts is still hungry enough to destroy things.

Tesseraction posted:

There is still interest in the region, but ironically has to wait until the oil price picks up

BUT IT'S A BONUS! GAWD!

Speaking of millionare semen. What is the oil price ranging from now, I get the feeling that soon Suadi Arabia have been hosed over that the north sea would look more appealing?

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

Guavanaut posted:

That's the late medieval criminal charge for what David Cameron did.

David Cameron has been caught telling a lot of porkies recently.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

So he wants Jeremy to shut him up?

Fair enough considering it's what Corbyn wanted anyways.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

Angepain posted:

from someone on facebook:

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

He was born in Kilmarnock.

:cripes: Of course he was born in a loving town I live next too.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

Jedit posted:

No matter how much we may agree with the sentiment, this is electoral fraud.

They deserve to be tricked if they fell for this poo poo though.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

Rakosi posted:

Pretty hosed up point of view if true.

Buddy. You don't know the half of it.

Baron Corbyn posted:

Sort of related but liberals annoy the poo poo out of me when they say stuff like "I don't care who you vote for as long as you vote". Usually with a loving smiley face emoticon at the end of it as well.

Basic Emotes are the cancer of commenting.

Can't wait for the Emoji movie to be rated cancer/10

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

Coohoolin posted:

EDIT: Haha, oh man. "he had been an SSP member, and he left because of our "reluctance to embrace STALIN and Lenin" (he capitalised "Stalin" like that in his message to me) then joined the CPB, then the CPGB-ML. I've heard he once gave serious irl abuse to someone whose great-grandparents died in a famine that he claimed didn't happen."

Sounds like he belongs in the oval office party rather then a socialist/communist one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

Remain:52.4% (Scotland - 74%, NI - 76%, Wales - 46%, England - 45%)
Leave:48.6% (Scotland - 36%, NI - 34%, Wales - 54%, England - 55% Leave)
Turnout: Wales- 58%, England - 64% , Scotland - 72% ,NI --75%
Spoiled: 0.2%

• Locked thread