Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
He's real good op.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Saying that WWE is poorly booking the Rock/Foley-like 1a/1b face roles is fair enough, but it never stops amazing me that people will point out that people like Ambrose and Styles lose too often, and then suggest that the top face in the company should take more clean pins.

e) idk if this is a controversial statement but i think everyone knowing the outcome of a match beforehand matters much less than people think. if you listed the 100 best matches ever (please don't do this) or whatever, i'd wager that like 80% of them, everyone pretty much knew the outcome going in.

Feels Villeneuve fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Jun 1, 2016

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Styles is absolutely in better shape than he was after that lovely rear end Jericho feud but tbf Jericho stinks

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Charisma is defined as looking as much like Sid as possible.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Roman's charisma is kind of strange because if I like, try to look at it "objectively", even putting his matches on mute and all that, I think he's actually really good at showing fire when doing a comeback, at using his facials when selling, and his ring presence in general. Like, better than most of the babyface side of the roster at those things, even. It's just that the crowd does not want to buy that poo poo at all.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Great White Hope posted:

Roman's look of hope when he finally managed to actually hurt Brock after getting tiny glancing blows that caused little wounds all match was my favorite moment of Roman's career, and words cannot say describe how sad I am that that moment meant absolutely nothing.

roman stuck his tongue out when he hit that powerbomb on AJ and you cant teach that

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

spudsbuckley posted:

Roman is a guy who should, by all rights, be a bland midcarder who eventually ends up in TNA except he is related to the Rock so they are trying to capture that lighting in a bottle again.

See also: the Uso's.

Racist.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Pretty Lady Blob posted:

I think you'd just need to drop him down to the upper midcard for awhile. He actually started rehabbing his image a bit when they did this after WM31. Let him keep putting on great matches with some of the top tier wrestlers there like KO, give him more practice time on the mic where he doesn't have to carry a long segment to open RAW, have him tweak his character some and find something that lets him be more natural.

he was basically in the upper midcard having very good matches for most of 2015 (between Mania and the poo poo with Sheamus). why would it work this time?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Tournament PPVs stink

I don't know what it says that the only tournament WWF PPV I ever liked was a Vince Russo production

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I checked and I'm pretty sure that Roman Reigns is a somewhat better worker than Mark Henry in the 90s

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Lmao Roman has been absolutely putting in the effort in main events for like a year now despite everyone in the building booing him, something which virtually any babyface in the 80s would face by scowling, putting on a lovely match, and storming off, and yet he needs a "work ethic". More racism imo.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Fact is that smarks always turn on non-white wrestlers. Rey Mysterio was the greatest worker of his generation and he got mercilessly mocked for "always having the same match", a "lame" babyface act, and the 619, while much poorer wrestlers like Edge coasted by. Booed out of the building after decades of great work in favor of the (white) Daniel Bryan. It's a total disgrace.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Everyone loves a few bad wrestlers. Even Big Dave Meltzer himself is a big mark for Edge.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The Usos are also victims of racism.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
IMO the received wisdom that Roman would be much better as a straight heel isn't wrong, but his current tweener face role isn't bad at all and the Styles feud was great.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Roman and Sheamus would have had a better match.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Joey McChrist posted:

only the best wrestlers get jacked up therefore roman reigns proven unquestionably good

Roman is now unquestionably as good as my other favorite wrestler, Kevin "Big Sexy" Nash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Roman is bringing back the glory days of WWE with a new Stacker 2 partnership.

roman found the last remaining can of YJ Stinger

• Locked thread