Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Roman Reigns is good, but the way he's booked is the way I would like to see Cesaro get booked instead. I'm going to resent Roman for this until I get what I want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
in your world roman reigns well in my world no man reigns

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Austin only knows the Stunner and punching what a lovely wrestler.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Roman is cooler than Nakamura, who just shakes around and cuts stupid "lel so random" promos.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Yeah those Roman vs AJ matches had zero interference and weren't overbooked at all.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

Marquis de Pyro posted:

There's a difference between interference and overbooking in the main events and NJPW having seemingly every match involving a heel have constant interference and weapon usage directly in front of the referee.

It's like attitude era WWE except in a promotion with work rate. It's loving weird

And the overbooking definitely took the first AJ/Roman match down a notch and there's no way it was better than his Japan stuff anyway

I was a bit too snarky, I agree with you that New Japan's booking of interference is pretty inept. I also thought that the first Roman/AJ match was hurt by booking, but in both matches, the quality of the work from both men shone through anyway. A lot of it was AJ working his rear end off to sell for Roman and make him look good, but Roman clearly put in good work, as well. Roman's a good worker with flaws, and while the top tier of New Japan talent is better than him, I think he's on the level workers like Hirooki Goto and Katsuyori Shibata (the latter of whom is infinitely cooler than Roman).

AJ vs Suzuki for the record was AJ's best match in Japan and a better match than any Roman's ever had.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
I won't respect Roman Reigns until he defeats John Cena, the Face that runs the Place.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Bastion, because he gets more hate than he deserves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
I wish everything had panned out exactly the same as it has, except with Fat Chris Hero in Roman's place.

• Locked thread