Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

It's the late 2070s, and it ain't the future your great-grandpa read about in the magazines. Magic, elves, ghosts, dragons are everywhere...and also cyborgs, hackers, AIs, and all the augmented reality spam you can handle. It's a place where fairytale castles get built one day and then crushed by heavy artillery the next. It's a place where metahumans--elves and dwarves and orks and trolls--are regular people, and far from the weirdest things an average chummer sees in a day.
But you know what? You've heard all this already.

Things have gone real bad in the last few years, and things are also looking up. It's complicated. There's a whole bunch more AIs out there that we never knew about, and some of 'em are messing with people's brains. Giving them CFD -- a nanodisease that rewrites your personality and makes you a headcase.

But at the same time, the nastier poo poo the corps do is starting to get better-publicized, and the uninformed masses are starting to get just that little bit more informed.

Once upon a time, a request was made to write a Shadowrun adventure so that others could run it. It was intended to be a short, fun affair, where the name was generated first and then the content built around it. It wasn't supposed to be a big deal, really.

Dead wrong. Things got out of hand and now Dracula Idea is an extremely large, very complex adventure for groups of four to six players. Get ready for the long haul, because we're going to be here a while.

Dramatis Personae
Dicktron - Numbers Goblin & your lovely DM. DM credentials: can write haiku about he own piss.
Sinatrapods- Damsel - An albino former wage mage for Shiawase Corporation. Thrown out on her rear end for a minor offense.
Golden315 - Peregrine - A mystic adept and former triad. Currently being hunted for a murder she didn't commit.
RChimpCola - Unlimited - Still Unlimited, still wears loud-rear end shirts and uses too much Drug. Once cut a man in half. It was fly as hell.
semisponge - Chuul - Still hugeass motherfucker likes to eat. Getting kinda old for this poo poo.
Ladderface - Lado - You want to gently caress this elf.
Mr Sunabouzu - Jean & Twinkle Star - Street racing pixie rigger working for the Yakuza, Shadowruns on the side.

UPDATES

Session 1
Twitch Archive

Session 2
Twitch Archive

Session 3
Twitch Archive

Session 4
Twitch Archive

Session 5
Twitch Archive

Session 6
Twitch Archive

Session 7
Twitch Archive

Session 8
Twitch Archive

Session 9
Apocrypha (Non-Canon)
Twitch Archive

mdct fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Feb 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Hey, you! We're also doing Rogue Trader!

NPCs
- Onesiphorus Leach - An art collector and the group's extremely wealthy Mr. Johnson. A normal human, despite appearances.
- Bogdan - The extremely proper Chief of Staff for Mr. Leach. An ogre with some extreme cybernetic enhancements.
- Mayor Artur Bogdarowizny - Human Mayor of Warsaw-Łódź; but doesn't have much sway in running the city. Very stressed all the time.
- Lucja Winograd - The apparently missing fiancée of Mayor Artur.
- Iwan Szwarc - Human Psychiatrist & Administrator of Angelstone General Hospital, a public hospital in Central Warsaw.
- Jagienka - A very fashionable human employee of Lothian-Vaea PLC. An adept.
- Elzbieta - A very tall human employee of Lothian-Vaea PLC. No other information about her as of yet.
- Kazimiera - A quietly simmering elf employee of Lothian-Vaea PLC. An adept.
- R. M. Heimfeld - An ork enchanter and businessman who's fallen on some hard times.
- Janusz Szymon - An ork janitor employed by Mr. Leach. Completely normal and unassuming.
- Quincy Morrison - A dwarf tourist. Kind of an rear end in a top hat.
- The Knucker - A titanic three-headed snake that lives in a cathedral in the ruins of Ełk.

Generic NPCs
- Armsperson - Your run-of-the-mill thug, police, or guard.
- Elite Armsperson - Stronger, tougher, and smarter than your average mook.
- Mage - An awakened threat peppered throughout, assisting gangs and corp security alike.
- Toxic Shaman - A mage who decided to be the worst metahumanity has to offer, powered by a sort of blind magical hatred.
- Toxic Spirit - A spirit spawned in areas with particularly low Background Counts, an always-evil flipside to normal Spirits.
- Rotodrone - An average-sized rotodrone capable of both air and aquatic traversal.
- Bat-Hound - A jackal-sized canid with many bat-and-vampire features, capable of turning into mist.

Questions & Answers???

Q: Hey Dicktron! Should I listen to the twitch archive or the audio tracks?
A: The twitch archive has my assembled soundtrack, while I edited the audio tracks to sound better + has a lot of ums, ers, ahs, and a lot of unnecessary silence edited out. It's a better listen if you're a podcast listener who does things while podcasting for sure.

Q: This format seems suspiciously similar!
A: Yep! This thread is a sequel to this old one, in the archives. Expect other games and good stuff to end up in the pipeline in here, including maybe audio-fixed versions of sessions 10-15 of Eclipse Phase.

Q: When and where are the streams???
A: At roughly 10:30 PM EST or so on Fridays on over at Sponge's twitch channel.

Q: Who drew all those portraits and maps?
A: That'd be me! I do commissions sometimes. It's pretty rare though, so don't count on it.
(Chuul was drawn by Semisponge and Jean by Mr Sunabouzu, also I didn't do Damsel, Peregrine, Lado, that token representing me, or Twinkle Star.)

Q: So this Dracula Idea is apparently real big, can I get in on that business?
A: I put so much effort into this that there's no way I won't eventually share it with everyone, but it'll be some time still. I just have to finish writing the actual adventure path down, everything else is finished already, like stats, maps, and portraits.

mdct fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Oct 28, 2016

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Reserved for other information.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
i'm the best.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

I'm going to enjoy listening to another group's experiences with Dracula Idea.

RChimp Cola
Feb 15, 2008

Cyclops and a duck?!
Nice, it's a thread. I like threads and Shadowrun and Shadowrun characters who wear nice threads, like Unlimited. The least limited shadowrunner in the history of Shadowrun. I can't wait for all his good adventures that are great, and not drug fueled nightmares wrenched from the cybersuck of essence that is his hole of a soul.

Just A Friend
Jan 11, 2010

Mad props to Dicktron for fully creating this custom campaign all by himself. Mighty indeed.

SageNytell
Sep 28, 2008

<REDACT> THIS!
Oh my gosh I am so excited right now.

Now my new office gets to listen to me get a bad case of the giggles! :D

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Oh my god this dwarf conversation, I'm crying

"Did you go to Ghost College? Is what qualified means, yes?" Jean is currently tied with Unlimited for best character.

RickVoid fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Jun 2, 2016

GatewayOfLastResort
Oct 11, 2007

I'm saving up such a laugh.
Oh my! You lovable knuckleheads are back! I loved your previous games, looking forward to listening to this.

E: Oh god I should not be laughing this hard at work.

GatewayOfLastResort fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Jun 2, 2016

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Session 2
Twitch Archive

Infiltration of a hospital goes alarmingly well.

Edit: Also there's some fan noise going on in session 2 here. I couldn't get rid of it when people were talking. Apologies in advance.

mdct fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Jun 3, 2016

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Is there a youtube upload coming as well? I'd like to be able to watch when I don't have flash available. :v:

Just noticed the twitch link. That works.

SageNytell
Sep 28, 2008

<REDACT> THIS!
Just a head's up, episode 1-4 'Auction' downloads as a generic file rather than an mP3 on Tindeck.

Edit: Also, it won't play on Tindeck either. I think there may be something weird with the source file you uploaded.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

SageNytell posted:

Just a head's up, episode 1-4 'Auction' downloads as a generic file rather than an mP3 on Tindeck.

Edit: Also, it won't play on Tindeck either. I think there may be something weird with the source file you uploaded.

Confusing, because it plays on Tindeck just fine on my end - though yeah it does download as a strange file. I'll reupload it and see what happens with it there.

Edit: Should be fixed on both accounts.

mdct fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Jun 3, 2016

SageNytell
Sep 28, 2008

<REDACT> THIS!
You are the best. Looking forward to a fun day at work listening to both the Dracula Dossier and now Dracula Idea. :allears:

Thanks Dicktron!

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Well the last few days have been pretty busy but I plan on making GBS threads out a lot of episodes today and tomorrow doing an episode a day from now on.

The next time we play is on Friday, and then we'll probably be doing it Friday every week since then, so look forward to stream announcements.

mdct fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Jun 6, 2016

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

Lazy Gun
Apr 7, 2009
Fun Shoe
Looking forward to seeing how this plays out. Good to see the gang together again!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Since part of the conditions of your current lodging is that you should try to improve it, as your contribution I suggest that you install some automated point defense poo poo like turrets and exterior cameras that are designed to be deactivated until someone enters the key, at which point they designate the key entrant and anyone else of their choice as a friend and anyone who is not authorized to enter as a foe. It seems like an improvement you guys are uniquely well situated to make as Shadowrunners.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
Counterpoint: none of us are any good at computer poo poo.

SageNytell
Sep 28, 2008

<REDACT> THIS!
Counter-counter-point: That would make the end result for the next tenant even funnier.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Holy gently caress I'm so happy that you guys are playing dice games again

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Is...Is the band back again??? :neckbeard:

gently caress YES

For the sake of writing about it, does your group have a name? Is it 'Kilobops' or 'LP SUB*PAR*GROUP'?

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Jun 7, 2016

RChimp Cola
Feb 15, 2008

Cyclops and a duck?!
We just use Kilobops as the name. Uh. Though I mean, quality wise we are obviously subpar. You should probably go with kilobops.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Due to Pods gettin' real busy at work for the next two weeks or so, we're going to be holding off for a bit, sorry friends!!

You'll get your regularly scheduled Dice again on the 24th. In the meantime, I'll start uploading Eclipse Phase sessions 10-15 audio over that time. Look forward to it!!

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Right, well, so sorry about not uploading any Eclipse Phase, but that's because I got busy with a different project: for reasons, we're going to be alternating games. Dracula Idea will still continue, of course, but when we can't do that, we'll be filling in the blanks with Rogue Trader. Look forward to it. That's going to take the place of Shadowrun next week!

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
So I see you are running Rogue Trader.

Have a loot list of useful archeotech.

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/15621909/#15629077

The mummified corpse of an anthropomorphic duck in a bathing suit.

An ornate giant golden dildo. The words "Dorns Shame" engaved on the side.
3049 socks. None of them matching.
An STC constructor that can ONLY make Vuvuzelas.
Several sealed boxes of Hostess Fruit Pies.
A ham and mustard sandwhich, wrapped in clingfilm.
A boltgun derringer pistol designed for ladies. Any lady using it will likely break every bone in her wrist if fired.
A Long-Las with the words "This Machine kills Heretics" on the side.
A vacuum mummified corpse wearing a well preserved blue jumpsuit and trousers combo with yellow trim. The number "101" is on the back.
A crude android designed to bend industrial materials, runs on ethanol and similar liquids.
Some sort of humanoid mutant, it's skin still glowing in patches in an archaic void-suit with a large glass bubble helmet, long dead.
A suit of power-armour from the Dark Age of Technology, is capable of flight and has numerous internal weapons. There is a strong smell of achohol inside even after centuries of unuse.
An Imperial Commissars hat.
The corpse of some kind of small, squat like humanoid.

A Ships Cogitator, removed from an old mining vessel, now completely senile but boasts it once had the IQ of as 6,000 PE teachers or 12,000 car park attendants
Several hundred skeletons, one is holding a large metal sabot. They are stored in a box marked "Peasant Railgun"
An old wooden barrel with several vertical slits, each slit has a sword pushed into it. Inside appears to be the corpse of a dead sailor. Further investigation will reveal it to be a corsair of notable reputation, not seen for centuries.
Several highly corrupt cogitators. One seems incapable of good ideas, whilst another seems to be having the time of it's life.
A law-enforcement servitor called Murphy
Main Warp Drive of an early starship called the "Event Horizon."
Weaponised Bees. My god.
A giant guantlet with 6 glowing gems on it.
A hammer that none of the crew seem able to lift.
A giant cubic zirconia (what an eyesore!)

-Voyager II Space Probe
-A pallet of Slurm Energy Drink
-A pair of mouldy bagpipes.
-A small safety canister of yellow liquid which, if released into the atmosphere, will turn the crew into raging monkeys
-Horrible gellationous blob
-A small golden sphere with a secret holographic map inside leading to a hollowed out planet literally full of riches, said to be the base of the galaxies most successful pirate, Captain Nathaniel Flint.
-A sonic screwdriver
-A mentally unstable man claiming to a be a police officer from 2002 (M03) from a place called "New Yerk" that has somehow traveled in time.

An orange lantern that compels everyone to seize it and hoard stuff, also giving them an insatiable apetite.
A snarky trigger-happy red droid that constantly pleads to be allowed to kill people whenever there's an argument or dispute.
An ancient stone statue of a warrior that comes to life and smites evildoers with a sword. Also keeps muttering about ungrateful humans and asks everyone he meets if they've seen a blond kid with wings and a bow.

> a blue british call box -- locked.

A deactivated servitor that could pass for human, as long as it doesn't remove it's trenchcoat or hat. It has over 500 useful internal devices (umbrella, binoculars, magnification lense, prop-based areal movement unit, limb extenders, flotation device, retractible foot-wheels, retractible foot-skis, and many, many, many more) but no armor and only a las-pistol (actually an industrial cutting laser, mounted in it's finger) as weaponry.

>Main Warp Drive of an early starship called the "Event Horizon."

- A small mutated dog like abomination that walks on two legs and speaks unintelligably, on the words "pupei-pow-ah" can be made out.
- A high powered energy gun in the shape of a Walther P38 Special. Will occaisional speak, usually ranting at it's betrayal at the hands of something called "Starscream"
- A submersible aquatic vessel, coloured in a shade of banana yellow.
- Stasis pods containing three genetically tailored Human/Amphibian hybrids designed for combat: DO NOT OPEN.
- A circular adamantium shield in red and blue, with a star in the middle.
- Several sheafs of hand written scripts, which if collated form a play called "the king in yellow"
- A xenos made long range escape pod, inside is the skeleton of a dog, long dead.
- An empty pedastal, labelled as supposedly holding a "Cosmic Cube", the words "Kang was here" is scratched onto the marble.
- A drum, cello, conch horn, bell, harp, marimba, triangle and small piano organ.
- A gem in the shape of a yellow trapezohedron, it does not seem to reflect light correctly, and is stored in a box of Xenos manufacture.

A leatherbound book written by some guy named Abdul Alhazred.
An ancient close quarters projectile weapon with a price tag of 109.95 from something called "Smart".
A used camel.
A sealed envelope containing a joke written by Ernest Scribbler.

-Several small fleshlike eggs. Four fleshy flaps on the top allow whatevers inside to get out. One is already open and empty.
- A small high speed mining vessel designed to craft raw materials into something called "Sinibombs"
- An oversized sentinel armed with a railgun. The railgun has 1 atomic warhead fitted into it.
- A missile launcher that fires rocket-propelled chainsaws
- Stasis pods containing a man and one dog. The name on the pod declares him as "Richard Dastard Lee"
- The Book of Shuma Gorath
- A Delorean DMC-12 antique motorcar, heavily modified.
- Archaic steam powered Rail Vehicle, similarily modified
- A bone shaped spacestation with a large theatre screen inside.
- Plans for a exterminatus capable battlestation that on first glance, could be confused with a moon.
- The Imperial Stormtroopers training manual (the section on "how to shoot" is not included)
- A medical cryobay containing an old man, associated text states he has burns but closer inspection reveals him to have taken 32 consecutive stab wounds to the back.
- The autobiography of "Blackbolt, king of the Inhumans". An audiobook.

-a small, cylindrical object with a lid. Further examination reveals a false botttom and several smaller cylinders a Magos Biologis would love to get their hands on.

- an experimental model talking archotech servo skull. Functions as a Savant but only gives sarcastic responses. Its first words are 'Hiya Chief!'

- An ancient dataslate partially charred and smudged with ash. It contains the coordinates to an forgotten 'Squat outpost'. The codename for this location is Boatmurdered.

- Two ornate scimitars and a small onyx figurine of a large cat.

- A top that never seems to stop spinning. Resourceful Admechs can use this as a gyroscope. Psykers are disturbed.

- A stasis tube with a small anthropomorphic skeleton of a rat clad in a cape and cowl holding a miniature scythe. Rats flee the object instinctively.

- An animate head of clay of xenos make with fiery eyes. Likes long debates on religion and philosophy, but clearly atheist.

- A dust caked archotech dataslate embedded in a forearm bracelet. The bracelet is solid gold and the etching 'Pimp' is barely visible.

And so on.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Helical Nightmares posted:

The corpse of some kind of small, squat like humanoid.
Scrunt spotted

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
WOOPS WE'VE BEEN STREAMING FOR TWO HOURS AND I POSTED IN THE WRONG THREAD

Ladderface
Jul 30, 2005

Mmmm-HHHMMMmmm...
Early stream highlight version of tonight's Rogue Trader session https://www.twitch.tv/semisponge/v/74398528

Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

I'm intentionally being as verbose as possible in negotiations for my own amusement.
Oh man, i missed two whole shadowruns before i saw this thread. No way i can make live streams for a long while, but it's always cool to see a band get back together.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

The Imperium of Man is a horrible and oppressive galaxy-spanning empire, the final and only authority in the vast majority of the lives of humanity. The God-Emperor of Mankind, on his throne and coffin one in the same, was not a soft ruler, and his legacy is even worse. Humans live in fear and ignorance, terrified of the space and xenos around them, yet they know that their Emperor will of course protect them and the Imperium never fall. The Imperium is powerful beyond belief, and stretches farther than any other empire, with holdings in every sector of the Galaxy.

Rimward of the Calixis Sector, setting of Dark Heresy, is the Koronus Expanse. A comparatively untouched section of the galaxy, full of riches andglory to be found by anyone brave or foolish enough to seize it. This is where Rogue Traders come in, the only truly free human beings in the galaxy.

Holding a Warrant of Trade, a writ of almost unlimited authority, Rogue Traders exist as a necessary evil for the Imperium (as to the Imperium, anyone that free to do as they please is just as free to fall to Chaos.) They become incredibly wealthy, explore untouched space, claim planets in the name of the Imperium, and wage wars all on their own, aided by their inevitable amassment of holdings.

The Explorers

Dicktron - Power Overwhelming.
Sinatrapods- Captain Venatus Mordino - An upjumped Battlefleet Officer, one of the only survivors of a bloody battle with Tyranids. Our Rogue Trader.
semisponge - Svenga Yeshar - Scion of the Yeshar Navigator House. Sworn enemy of the McCulloch Rogue Trader dynasty.
Ladderface - Dragos LaHain - A grimy ship pilot who was press-ganged into the service of pirates, but escaped servitude and is on the lam from them. Void Master.
Golden315 - Victris Lok - A tech priest from a famously nasty Death World, Magos Victris Lok is the resident Explorator.
RChimpCola - GutTunnla -OY WOT IS DIS BOY DOIN' WIT ALL DESE 'UMIES

Updates
Session 1
Twitch Archive

Session 2
Twitch Archive

Session 3
Twitch Archive

mdct fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Sep 23, 2016

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Rogue Trader Nemeses
- Star Captain Aisling Brackenrig - Captain of the Raiders of The Bloodless Heart, nemesis of Dragos LaHain.
- Rogue Trader Matriarch Annette McCulloch - Head of the McCulloch Dynasty, nemesis of Svenga Yeshar.
- Maximilien Obreck Eundwargeist - The mysterious captain of the Malice Aforethought, nemesis of Captain Mordino?
Nemesis of Victris Lok
Nemesis of Guttunnla

Question & Answers

Q: What's up with this Nemesis thing?
A: I want every character to have a cool rival. They're not actually associated with one-another. Their level of potential danger is in descending order of introduction: Aisling was known to the party even before the game began, Annette in the first session, and so on and so forth.

Q: What's up with your weird rules?? This isn't your grandpa's Rogue Trader!
A: Yeah, there's a couple house rules, although mostly ones that are just normal rules in a post Black Crusade world. Firing modes, Swift/Lightning Attack, Righteous Fury, and we're not using Weight. As for the ship armor stuff, it's a set of rules people call Mathhammer. -12 armor across the board on ships, but make the armor count for every hit. It's meant to make macrobatteries a little less ridiculously powerful. Lances get Tearing, Broadsides divide their Strength in half but get Storm, and Torpedos do 12 less damage, as well.

Q: I hear you made a random table?
A: When I finish it (and I'm pretty close,) I'll throw it up for anyone to use.

Q: Where's those ocean navy ship rules at dogg?
A: They're right over here.

mdct fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Sep 23, 2016

SageNytell
Sep 28, 2008

<REDACT> THIS!
So, uh... I guess I'm the weird download problem guy?

The Tindeck download link for the first Rogue Trader episode does not work for me. Nothing kicks in for the automatic download and when I try to manually 'save as' it tells me that the download failed due to a server problem.

I can absolutely hear the audio from the main page for the track, and I went back and checked and the other episodes are working when I go to download them.

Sorry to be a pain!

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
I figured out what was up - when you download from Tindeck, the filename uses what you named the Tindeck track. Filenames can't have % symbols in them, so replacing it with the word "percent" fixed it. Should be good now.

SageNytell
Sep 28, 2008

<REDACT> THIS!
Good news is I will always troubleshoot your Tindeck files! :cheers: This time it downloaded correctly.

Apropos of nothing, what movie is Ladderface's character portrait from? I've seen that picture floating around a bit and I've never known what it was associated with.

Ladderface
Jul 30, 2005

Mmmm-HHHMMMmmm...

SageNytell posted:

Apropos of nothing, what movie is Ladderface's character portrait from? I've seen that picture floating around a bit and I've never known what it was associated with.

That would be Joaquin Phoenix's character in Inherent Vice, for the record.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Ayy lmao

Also with pods being the captain and chimp being a real boy I'm not sure what will doom you first

• Locked thread