Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Joementum posted:

Ronald Reagan and Tip O'Neill would have had a drink together and solved the issue of interplanetary data transmissions. Why won't Obama lead?

I loving hate you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Joementum posted:

Ronald Reagan and Tip O'Neill would have had a drink together and solved the issue of interplanetary data transmissions. Why won't Obama lead?

Gah! Who's hosting Hardball?!

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

naw this is the week right before finals at UCLA

maybe the dude's targeting someone who got an internship or job over him?

This whole story has to be a hoax. After all, weapons are prohibited on the UCLA campus. Maybe it's some marketing stunt for a movie or something.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Fly away, troll

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

MacheteZombie posted:

Lol she's spinning it as her supporting giving Nasa more money.

https://twitter.com/greta/status/738059154405924864

She's not wrong... More money could build the bigger booster needed to lift up a big enough antenna needed to bust through the losses of the inverse-square law.

But somehow I doubt that's the funding she has in mind.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

naw this is the week right before finals at UCLA

maybe the dude's targeting someone who got an internship or job over him?

There were a bunch of protests at UCLA yesterday because Milo was invited to give a speech about the evils of feminism and the event ended up ending early because of a bomb threat. Maybe the #BetaUprising is back again.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/greta/status/738051845713694721

Have a laugh and try and guess what pictures she's melting down about before you click through.

Take it easy on her. She's had a few strokes, so her brain isn't what it used to be.

I mean, that's why her face is like that, right?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Doctor Butts posted:

Take it easy on her. She's had a few strokes, so her brain isn't what it used to be.

I mean, that's why her face is like that, right?

Probably Bell's Palsey.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Crain posted:

Not sure where you got "Arab Kid" from, everywhere I'm seeing is saying "white male".

Well he starts out white sure.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Anyway Greta, to answer your question

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Stultus Maximus posted:

Probably Bell's Palsey.

Bell's Palsy is a temporary condition (I know because I had it).

The actual answer is she got lovely plastic surgery or Botox.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
NASA should prioritize building a high-speed internet connection to Pluto.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Forget it.

GalacticAcid fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Jun 1, 2016

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Joementum posted:

Because I'm bored (and want to head off gun-chat), here's how much Obama has lead in just in the last couple of weeks:

The shrinking grey part is ISIL-controlled territory.

ISIL got their asses kicked in Anbar (Iraq) in the space of a couple days.

https://twitter.com/IgnatiusPost/status/734114268941979648/photo/1

quote:

In Syria today with Gen. Joe Votel, Centcom commander, who visited anti-ISIS fighters and US military advisers.
Photo taken in Syria, he's wearing a US Army uniform with his name on it, both of them smiling for the camera, and the SDF flag right there in the background.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/21/politics/top-u-s-commander-completes-day-long-secret-visit-to-syria/index.html
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/may/21/syria-us-commander-secret-visit-joseph-votel
Guess what's happened after that (not-so-secret) visit:

https://twitter.com/selingirit/status/737977555412746240

https://twitter.com/ragipsoylu/status/737988124433879040

That's right, we're knocking the hell out of ISIL all over the Euphrates.

This is relevant to US politics because Raqqa, Manbij, and Fallujah are all most likely going to fall before November, and Hillary's going use these advances against ISIL to show that the US's foreign policy under Obama is working, that backing local ground forces with special forces and airstrikes works, and that she's going to continue what Obama's doing. And you know that she's following this poo poo very closely both because of her former job as Secretary of State and because she knows this is going to be her job in six months.

Meanwhile, Trump's foreign policy advisers will still trying to be trying to explain the difference between Sunni and Shia, Hamas and Hezbollah, and Quds and Kurds to him.

What I'm trying to say is that the first Trump vs Hillary debate is gonna be so much fun, Hillary's gonna turn Trump to paste.:allears:

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

GalacticAcid posted:

Shove your gun up your rear end bitch

nooo we were doing so well not responding to him

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

LeJackal posted:

This whole story has to be a hoax. After all, weapons are prohibited on the UCLA campus. Maybe it's some marketing stunt for a movie or something.

Man, you know what could make densely packed groups of hyper-aggressive drunken morons even safer? Concealed handguns brah. Concealed handguns.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

WampaLord posted:

Bell's Palsy is a temporary condition (I know because I had it).

The actual answer is she got lovely plastic surgery or Botox.

Van Susteren was butthurt that CNN was giving more airtime to prettier women like Paula Zahn as opposed to more serious people like her and Christianne Amanpour. She left CNN and got an eyelift before going to Fox, and she's probably had a bathtubs worth of botox treatments since then.

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/01/28/business/media/28GRET.html

Also, lol scientology

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx
Update on the UCLA shooting:

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-ucla-shooting-20160601-snap-story.html

2 dead in the hoax.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

NBC LA says the LAPD found a suicide note and a handgun near the victims so...

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Luigi Thirty posted:

NBC LA says the LAPD found a suicide note and a handgun near the victims so...

They have a profile of the shooter though (white male, black pants, black shirt) and they're still systematically searching for him. Not that you're wrong but def not clear cut.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

gently caress. My ex (as of 3 weeks ago) works at UCLA. Good thing she's in sociology... (Building wasn't close to where she is.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Ze Pollack posted:

Pick your teeth-falling-out getting-steadily-crazier disease of choice, point remains Alexander Hamilton's political career without his sugar daddy standing by to cover for him can be summed up with the single word "Nope."

Washington likely had severe strep throat. The cure for which included bleeding him of over 3 liters of blood and using caustic substances to blister the gently caress out of his throat. As he lay dying, the wise "physicians" at his side stopped the local quack from performing some insane witch doctory called a tracheotomy to let him Breathe.

The father of the nation would later succumb to his illness, and certainly not to his medical treatment.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
UCLA is clearly not a spree killing. Looks like a specific target and perhaps a murder suicide.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

GalacticAcid posted:

They have a profile of the shooter though (white male, black pants, black shirt) and they're still systematically searching for him. Not that you're wrong but def not clear cut.

https://twitter.com/AP/status/738081817442521088

Of course, as with all active shooting stories, tune in tomorrow to find out what really happened.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Hillary, Bernie, & Obama Bullseye Targets Being Sold By This Dangerous Company

quote:

Gun shop owner Andy Hallinan offers Bernie Sanders, Hillary Clinton, and President Barack Obama likeness targets and plans to make a handsome profit off of these items for sale on his website. Last year, he drew criticism for banning all Muslims from his shop. Hallinan considers himself an “American Patriot,’ who says “Bernie Stickers” inspired him.

‘It’s time for this Bernie Sanders target to Feel the Bern of LEAD!’

‘Speaking from personal experience, Bernie Sanders Supporters are the most vile type of supporters on the planet. If you’re a business or a person who doesn’t believe in them: watch out. They’ll make you “feel the BERN” by fire-storming your business with bad reviews, prank calls, and social media harassment.’

‘Make them BERN: buy your Sanders target today!’

The President’s and Hillary Clinton’s targets sell for the same price as the Sanders’ targets. This is how Hallinan describes Clinton targets:

‘Get revenge on this paper target: Remember Benghazi!’

‘Remember the Alamo? Well, I think Benghazi was completely worse!’

‘We’re a group of American Patriots pissing off liberals and standing up for free speech.’

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Gyges posted:

Washington likely had severe strep throat. The cure for which included bleeding him of over 3 liters of blood and using caustic substances to blister the gently caress out of his throat. As he lay dying, the wise "physicians" at his side stopped the local quack from performing some insane witch doctory called a tracheotomy to let him Breathe.

The father of the nation would later succumb to his illness, and certainly not to his medical treatment.

I wonder how many prominent historical figures were tortured to death by well-meaning idiots in their final hours?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

What's more patriotic than shooting an effigy of the elected President?

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/AP/status/738081817442521088

Of course, as with all active shooting stories, tune in tomorrow to find out what really happened.

Yeah. One of my closest friends is on lockdown very close to the incident so I am unfortunately more invested than usual in the up-to-the-minute updates.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

GalacticAcid posted:

Yeah. One of my closest friends is on lockdown very close to the incident so I am unfortunately more invested than usual in the up-to-the-minute updates.

Well, you aren't actually getting any good information.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Samurai Sanders posted:

Deep down my brain hasn't accepted that he isn't some fringe candidate. He is half of the presidential race. He has made ignorance cool and mainstream in a way I have never seen before.

but enough about david french

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
What did all these people do to deserve the Yoda loving Luke Avatar?

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Sword of Chomsky posted:

It was a random number of people posting in the USPOL May thread. There was never any actual response about it from mods/admins or anything that I know of though.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Sword of Chomsky posted:

I don't know about everyone else, but I put on a Yoda costume and hosed Mark Hamill.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Zeroisanumber posted:

I wonder how many prominent historical figures were tortured to death by well-meaning idiots in their final hours?
There's that story about President Garfield and Alexander Graham Bell, does that count?

(Metal bullet inside him, metal detector to find it, but the bed had metal springs and nobody in the room understood both the metal detector and the bed.)

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

LionArcher posted:

gently caress. My ex (as of 3 weeks ago) works at UCLA. Good thing she's in sociology... (Building wasn't close to where she is.

Yeah, my sister just finished defending her dissertation in history and is going to get hooded in a week. Luckily she doesn't live anywhere near campus, so...yay.

A Winner is Jew posted:

I don't know about everyone else, but I put on a Yoda costume and hosed Mark Hamill.

The 90's were a dark time for him.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
In other news, Sarah Kliff at Vox has a great First Person about one of the costs of our lovely healthcare system we don't talk about : the cost to patients in time and effort.

http://www.vox.com/2016/6/1/11712776/healthcare-footprint

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008

Zeroisanumber posted:

James Garfield was shot on July 2nd and then spent the next 2 1/2 months in agony as doctors probed his wounds with unsterilized fingers. He finally died on September 19th.

e: f, b

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Zeroisanumber posted:

My favorite, Lincoln with a bullet in the brain,
"Hey let's all jam our dirty fingers in this bullet hole in his head. Also get these metal probes in there, just stab em in and poo poo, don't be afraid to really clink against the bullet or poke into brain matter. Toilet paper isn't a thing for a couple more decades either YOLO."

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

What? It was just a boring old murder suicide? Well in that case

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

zoux posted:

What? It was just a boring old murder suicide? Well in that case

Not a false flag by Obama to get all our guns once and for all?

• Locked thread