Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
For those wondering what the link is, but too lazy to type it out themselves:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

That's great that the game doesn't explicitly punish you for killing the elder... but if you have the gall to then eat his corpse Gaia gets pissed and smites you. :v:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

U.T. Raptor posted:

you, the leader of a space-faring elf civilization, must battle the massive winged spider Lucifer, newly emerged from the moon.

Oh gently caress, that homeless guy screaming at me last week was right!

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Alpha3KV posted:

On a related note, I don't really see anything that's supposed to be bad about the ending where you join the bird-men.

You don't get to bone Gaia in the end, which is what I assume the game is building up to.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Camel Pimp posted:

For some odd reason I thought as a kid I had to keep the bird form for the maze. It does make it somewhat easier, at least, but that does mean you have to do all the ice stages as a bird.

It kind of looks like all the ice stages would be easier as a bird, right? Like, instead of climbing the mountain, fly up it. Instead of platforming across the ice pits, fly across them. Instead of dodging the T-Rex, or burning a green crystal, just fly over them. You're not going to need any Evo points as a bird, since you should still be maxed, so just fly over and away from everything and progress pretty drat quickly to the flying fortress. The only thing I can think that might be a hurdle is the mammoth fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

DoubleNegative posted:

EVO isn't really a long game, but the section of your post that I'm highlighting here is the largest reason why you shouldn't stick with the bird/dinosaur body. It kind of sucks if your character is done growing at the halfway point of the game. At that point you're just playing for what little story there is. While it is nice to skip all of this game's incredibly tedious grinding, you also miss out on all the other cool stupid-looking monstrosities you can evolve into in chapters 4 and 5.

I'm not saying take the bird for the long haul, I'm saying use the bird for 90% of this chapter, to unlock all of the waypoints and defeat the castle, and then go back and evolve into a mammal. Skip straight to the good grinding spot, pop your green crystal for a boost, and away you go.

• Locked thread