Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I've been having a killer headache contemplating the referendum and as much as I wanna avoid it as much as possible it's kind of frightening to think about, especially if it could be foreshadowing for November here in the US.

"Without a bullet being fired"....class act, the UKIP.

So! To answer the original question, goodbye Captain Britan, hello Captain Airstrip-One.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Mr Hootington posted:

Don't worry about November. If you have any worries come to USPol aka the bestworst thread on SA.

I didn't worry about November until the thing everyone said wasn't going to happen across the pond happened. :sigh: Thank god the New 52 is over because if the fantasy escapist world kept being as bleak as the real one we'd probably all :suicide:

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
The financial drop is basically this sketch IRL. I know it affects everyone but taking comfort in assholes getting hosed as much or more than they gently caress up the world is one of the only ways I have to cope with this sort of thing and why I read the Schadenfreude thread in PYF so much.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Gonna have to change the name to "the K".

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Grant Morrison's Batman sucked because it tried making funny Silver Age stuff gritty and realistic to "explain" how they fit into canon, which seems like the opposite of his normal shtick. I'm not a huge fan of the Silver Age but Batman imagining fighting a rainbow monster in an isolation induced psychotic break is dumber than Batman fighting a rainbow monster.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Not being devoid of levity doesn't mean something isn't stupidly dark. But I've long since accepted I'm in the minority on Morrison's Batman, and I'd probably like it better if I took to Damian like most readers.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Lurdiak posted:

It's not like the working class voting against its interests is a new thing.

You know how in Lucifer(and Dogma) hell was just a cold unfeeling place until the damned souls cried out for torture? That's basically politics, but especially for us poor people. At this point, statistically, we deserve whatever we get.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Finally, "nazi commie" is accurate.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Will I be too stereotypically tumblr if I complain about Gwenpool being too conventionally attractive? "comic book fans are all ugly goons" jokes aside, for someone who's supposed to be a regular person from our world she looks like a cliche anime chick.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Toxxupation posted:

She looks like a "cliche anime chick" (even though she doesn't, she's pretty curvy in comparison to most typical cartoon characters) because her artist is a Japanese art team who got their start trying to draw manga.

Huh, I didn't know that, but it explains the big eyes. Still, I was talking more about her appearance regardless of style, the long shapely legs, the geometrically perfect unblemished face, and being thin as hell.

The inexplicable lack of leggings is ridiculous as it is, but it seems like, given her story and everything, she should be more of a plain jane and not yet another hyper fit, good looking ideal human specimen.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Travis343 posted:

So it's just a wacky coincidence that she's a combination of two of Marvel's most popular characters, huh. Seems like some bullshit, Theo.

It's kind of mediocre, but it's got potential. Couple good laughs here and there and good character work with Batroc. So far I find Gwen's personality really generic but maybe she'll develop some more now that the introductory arc is over.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I was gonna say, it is primarily a comedy book.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Travis343 posted:

Gwenom is the best name for anything I've ever heard, though.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Dexie posted:

Now I want to know what the secret is.

It's made out of Reggie's pheromones.

[spoiler]that's not a joke[/url]

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Why go through all the trouble? Just send them all to me, no weighing necessary. I have too few physical books right now. If it wasn't for the internet I'd probably be some kind of illiterate donkey.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Rats! Foiled once again by my being broke as poo poo.You know how in cereal commercials there's always one party with the cereal and another party trying to steal the cereal? That's us now, Rhyno, but with comic books.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Allison Brie is the best part of Community and anyone who said otherwise can gently caress off honestly. I'd watch a show of just her and the rest of Greendale without the rest of the study group.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Season finale aside, season 4 is better than 5.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Derrick Comedy in general is great, including their movie, Mystery Team. It's a shame they don't do stuff anymore because their sketches are all really top notch.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

hup posted:

Season five really gets back on the ball with the second episode; the only real clunker in six was the one where the Dean gets the 90s VR computer.

JESUS WEPT! because of this lovely opinion.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Timeless Appeal posted:

I dunno. A lot of it hasn't aged well, or at least doesn't hold up as you get older.

Granted, but Gink is even more relevant today.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I'd take a bullet through my ears, thanks.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Timeless Appeal posted:

Bendis's event books are bland, they're not unreadable like Infinite Crisis.

Age of Ultron disagrees. Besides, bland is the worst kind of bad. At least truly terrible failures are entertaining on that merit.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Timeless Appeal posted:

I also don't think we really get Fraction's Marvel stuff without Bendis either.

So, no loss?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

redbackground posted:

It'll be nice when you're banned again in like a week.

I can't decide between :rolleyes: or :jerkbag: take your pick.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

hup posted:

"Season four was better than season five" -you

Yes, except for the finale, which really was weapons grade terrible, and that still means season 4 is the second worst overall.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Senor Candle posted:

Mark Millar is really nice in person.

That's very inconvenient for my personal dislike of him!

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Aw, that's great man. I vote show binging. I've still got like, a million things to catch up on.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Luckily I already watched the manga so i can just enjoy gifs of JoJo on tumblr, but I need to get on the latest episodes of Space Patrol Luluco and Preacher, and I'm a whole season down on Concrete Revolutio.

The last show I really managed to follow along with as it was airing was season 2 of Better Call Saul, which was...disappointing, if I'm being honest.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Mr Hootington posted:

Watch all of Ouran High School Boys Club or Sabagebu!

My problem is that I already have too much on my plate :gonk:

Although I have already seen Ouran and was in fact just defending it to a friend who didn't like it last night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Mr Hootington posted:

How can anyone not like that masterpiece?

I told him we weren't friends anymore and I still haven't decided if I was joking.

• Locked thread