Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trashbuilder
Dec 26, 2013

Look at all the poor opinions I have

BigRed0427 posted:

After finally getting all four volumes of the Deluxe edition of The Invisibles, i'm giving it another shot after reading the first few trades during college. God...drat this thing is dense. It's like every major theme Grant Morrison ever had in his works is allowed to run wild here, and I'm not even done with the first volume, only up to 23: Things Fall Apart. If you ever do try to attempt this, go into it like a Thomas Pychon novel, don't try to think about how all these different scenes tie together, just focus on what's happening now.

Quoting from way back, I recently re-read all of The Invisibles, and all I can say is you gotta really like Morrison. There isn't really a huge over arching story, there isn't really consistent lovable characters. It is pretty much a lab for Morrison to gently caress around in. You want 10 issues on the nature of time? You want some weird poo poo about reality and how we relate to words? All of the actual plot of any arc can be summed up in a few words, but we get pages of side stories and explanations and sexy sex.

In summation I really liked it but I would like Morrison just going on about poo poo he likes just as much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread