Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Endless Mike posted:

War Rocket Ajax is the only one I've found that's both good and still running.

Funnybook Babylon and 4th Letter both had good podcasts, but they're both dead.

Oh and Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is good, but it's obviously very focused and rarely discusses current stuff.

Endless Mike posted:

War Rocket Ajax is the only one I've found that's both good and still running.

Funnybook Babylon and 4th Letter both had good podcasts, but they're both dead.

Oh and Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is good, but it's obviously very focused and rarely discusses current stuff.

Jay and Miles also have a YouTube review thing but they only review current x-books.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Teddybear posted:

If I'm interested in binging on the back catalog of relatively recent Marvel stuff I assume that Marvel Unlimited would be good for a month or two?

As long as "relatively recent" means "older than six months ago", then yeah, it's an amazing value.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
It's also so far been 100% Carol acting reasonable and Tony throwing completely illogical tantrums.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
I think BSS drastically underestimates how popular Captain Marvel is.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Travis343 posted:

I'm baffled that the Inhumans have a single book, let alone three. I kinda see where they're coming from honestly. They're C list at best and someone at Marvel sure seems to care about them all of a sudden.

You'd get the same reaction if Alpha Flight or The Wild Pack suddenly had three ongoing comic books and somehow a movie on the horizon.

That movie is not going to happen. They de-scheduled it, and Agents of SHIELD this season basically proved that no one cares about Inhumans in the MCU, at least. Combined with the logistical impossibility of making a movie that obeys TV canon events, and the fact that they've developed Inhuman stuff EXCLUSIVELY on TV, there's just no way they'll ever make an Inhumans movie.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Toxxupation posted:

I know it's hosed up but I take some cold comfort in knowing that our sister country across the pond is as stupid or stupider than us actually giving a loving reality tv show star a legitimate shot at the highest office in the land. Schadenfreude's a real bitch.

Eh, a reality TV star being nominated for President isn't any crazier than an actor having already been President, or a Saturday Night Live star being a Senator, or not one but TWO stars of the movie Predator being governors.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Squizzle posted:

Just thinking out loud, but Captain Britain should have a big silver hammer called the Sterling Pounder that grows or shrinks depending on how the GBP is performing in international markets.

In real time as you read. It's a digital-only feature.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Lurdiak posted:

Every since Loot Crate was invented, I stopped ordering nerd things from Amazon.

Because it made me disgusted at the entire industry of nerd consumption to the point that I seriously rethink my purchasing habits on a daily basis.

Loot Crate and its million imitators also make me angry, but that's because it's literally "pay us for a box of random things you probably remember from your youth, except now in tchotchke form!". Ordering stuff you actually want on Amazon is a lot different than "please hit an empty nostalgia button for me every month".

Instead of ordering a Loot Crate, every month I just set twenty dollars on fire and then briefly think about the Ninja Turtles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

TwoPair posted:

Apparently Harley Quinn just introduced a knockoff of Deadpool, but there's no way in the world I'm reading it. You could argue that Steel is totally ripping off Iron Man. And Aquaman's been stealing Namor's schtick since the 40s. Namor's just lucky he didn't have an embarrassing cartoon back in the day or every writer would write a story about how "No Namor is cool"

Seriously, the only times I can remember people actually making fun of Aquaman are Seanbaby's stuff about Superfriends and one sketch on The State. Was there more or are writers still really up in arms about a couple dumb jokes from the 90s?

• Locked thread