Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

This is the subtle background foreshadowing of my big appearance on the final page that you only notice on second reading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Data has a weight. Every comic makes it heavier.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rhyno posted:

I know a girl who believes this.

It is true, at imperceptible levels.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Old comics do drop to $1 eventually.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Madkal posted:

That is a lovely argument. Pretty much saying sure you are angry about something you read but you are an idiot because of something you haven't read yet.

No, that's not how tenses work you dummy.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Travis343 posted:

Except for the part where he is legitimately, extremely talented and successful in the medium he's criticizing

That's true of Comic Book Guy too.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Heathen posted:

This is how a lot of people argue on the internet. Gloss over the text, notice a few key words and post angry word vomit in response.

I sympathize. It's real hard to read a whole Toxx post.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rhyno posted:

That may be her finest hour but I didn't much like it. I mean, why the hell did she have a baby? She just decided she was keeping that kid and the authorities were like "Sure!"

She's a vampire and lives in superhero house. CPS probably wrote that one off.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Telltale is doing a Batman game too, apparently.

People were just talking about wanting a detective focused Batman game instead of a combat one. I guess that's one way to do it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I guess they actually announce it last year, but they released the cast and some screenshots today.

It's due out soon, this summer sometime.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's better than what he has right now.

The glowy spider is dumb.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I liked how Asylum only had 3 locations you went to over and over. Metroidvanias should have died with 2D.

Toxx played on easy mode. Sad.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Jun 14, 2016

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Arkham Knight has the best Batmanning. Some people can't get over all the Batmobiling though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

A lot of the side stuff is fun, finding Riddler trophies isn't

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Even Will Smith, who throughout his career has been an exception to most of the rules, didn't have a white love interest until like Focus.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There's no romance angle in Men in Black.

In 2 when there is, it's Rosario Dawson.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hank Pym sucks, so that became his thing.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Squizzle posted:

Well forum friends, there is a great issue confronting the comic books. That issue is: How will :siren:BREXIT:siren: affect Captain Britain's many super powers? Will his Energy Projection be negatively affected? Can he now lift (press) fewer tens of tons? Does he gain eye lazors that only hurt brown or Slavic people?

It turns out despite what everyone was told his relative power output would remain the same, and possibly even increase.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Madkal posted:

Are there any comics where the baby boomers are the villains, like they are in real life?

Everything by DC.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The power level was supposed to be their spending.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

tldr Booster Gold with alternate dimensions instead of time travel.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Donald Glover can only act in silly cartoon worlds like Community.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

My time is worth way more than 3.99 shipping.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If anything, Prime's for poors.

Richers pay for 1 day.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rhyno posted:

There's a monthly subscription box that's entirely Firefly themed and I want to know where they keep finding poo poo to cram in those loving things.

They're good until they hit month 7 or so and run out of characters.

This month's theme... Dave! You know, from episode 7. At the spaceport! Spaceport Dave!

JoshTheStampede posted:

Loot Crate and its million imitators also make me angry, but that's because it's literally "pay us for a box of random things you probably remember from your youth, except now in tchotchke form!". Ordering stuff you actually want on Amazon is a lot different than "please hit an empty nostalgia button for me every month".

Instead of ordering a Loot Crate, every month I just set twenty dollars on fire and then briefly think about the Ninja Turtles.

Loot Crate itself appears to be popular enough to get exclusive stuff. The others are literally retail products though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mr Hootington posted:

gently caress yeah dudes. Just secured a five day weekend. The GF and her kids are gone until next Thursday or Friday. Just need to make it past the doctors to see if I go to a urologist and the mojitos will flow.

God drat I'm excited. I don't know what to do. Go to the bar tonight, binge a show, read something, play through some backlog, or head out to the 4th of July carnival.

If your flow is mojitos then yeah probably see the doctor.

• Locked thread