Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

quote:

TOKYO - The Japanese military has been called in to join the hundreds of people already searching for a boy abandoned by his parents in bear-infested woods, according to multiple reports.

Seventy-five members of the country's Self-Defense Forces have been deployed to the mountainous forests of Hokkaido island to hunt for the missing 7-year-old, reports the BBC.

There are already 200 civilians and police combing through thick brush hoping to find him, reports Reuters. A local hunter has been tapped to join the search after fresh bear tracks were found in the area where the boy disappeared, the news agency reports.

Hokkaido police said the parents initially told authorities that their son had disappeared while they were picking wild vegetables, but then admitted they made him get out of the car and then left him behind "as discipline." Police said the father returned to the site a few minutes later but the boy was gone.

The parents told police that they were punishing the boy for throwing rocks at people and cars while playing at a river earlier in the day, according to Japanese media.

The boy's father said in an interview with public broadcaster NHK and other TV stations that "I regret what I did to my child." He said he initially did not tell police the truth because he found it embarrassing to ask for a massive search for what happened as a result of the punishment.

According to Japan Times, there have been dozens of bear attacks and deaths on Hokkaido since 1962, when the government started keeping records of them. The bears on the island are closely related to the grizzly bears found in North America. They can reportedly grow to well more than six feet tall, and weigh more than 650 pounds.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/military-hokkaido-missing-boy-japan-search/?ftag=CNM-00-10aab6a&linkId=25077617

Good luck kid

So Japanese POW camps were just normal everyday discipline in Japan? I'd imagine that's what their Summer Camps are like now. Bears ... hahahahahaha poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

They probably just killed him and are wasting everyone's time now.

Aug 4, 2010

bear got him

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
isn't anime real there or something, if so why can't goku just level the entire forest??

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

kid is probably caught in the web of a corrupted forest god who takes the form of a half-woman half-spider and catches children to feed on their dreams and memories

pretty hosed up if you ask me

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
This is how one of those crazy Japanese horror movies starts (or ends) isn't it? Kuma-ko

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

more parents should leave their children to bears, like mine for example

Tom Gorman posted:

kid is probably caught in the web of a corrupted forest god who takes the form of a half-woman half-spider and catches children to feed on their dreams and memories

pretty hosed up if you ask me

uhhh that movie was korean

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
if this was a movie i would change the child to a teenaged schoolgirl for better ticket sales

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

lorn Wayne posted:

isn't anime real there or something, if so why can't goku just level the entire forest??

that would kill the kid and the bears

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Parallax Scroll posted:

Then send in Ohio zoo keepers: bear dead; kid saved.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Parallax Scroll posted:

Bring the kid back with the Dragonballs?

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord
Who knew that they have bears in Japan. I thought they only had pandas and cute poo poo like that.

s0j
May 17, 2003

get fucked, round-eye
lol now this kids gonna come back in 20 years and gently caress his mom. gg dad.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Vastarien posted:

Who knew that they have bears in Japan. I thought they only had pandas and cute poo poo like that.

they dont have pandas. they used to have a unique breed of wolves but hunted those to extinction.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
i would also replace the bears with teenaged schoolgirls

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I read somewhere that since Japanese schools are so rigorous, it's common for moms to fellate their sons before big exams to relieve stress.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
death by teenaged schoolgirl in a japanese internment camp sounds like a brutal way to tide

also

sounds like a music line up

THURSDAY ONLY
death by teenaged schoolgirl

and

japanese internment camp
LIVE

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Ein cooler Typ posted:

I read somewhere that since Japanese schools are so rigorous, it's common for moms to fellate their sons before big exams to relieve stress.

there was one unsubstantiated report of that and it just got repeated endlessly. wouldnt be surprised, though. japans exam culture is hosed up. they dont even have time for anime!

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

tomstuart posted:

death by teenaged schoolgirl in a japanese internment camp sounds like a brutal way to tide

also

sounds like a music line up

THURSDAY ONLY
death by teenaged schoolgirl

and

japanese internment camp
LIVE

is it an all ages show i wanna bring a teenaged schoolgirl

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

JiveHonky posted:

is it an all ages show i wanna bring a teenaged schoolgirl

ages 3, 7, 15, 17-19, 35, 42-67, and 93

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Serious Frolicking posted:

there was one unsubstantiated report of that and it just got repeated endlessly. wouldnt be surprised, though. japans exam culture is hosed up. they dont even have time for anime!

i've heard of boning up for a big exam but this goes too far imo

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Ein cooler Typ posted:

that's cool in my book.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

they dont have pandas. they used to have a unique breed of wolves but hunted those to extinction.

The number of pandas are basically a rounding error at this point because they are so disinclined to mate.

It gets repeated because people want it to be true to fulfill their milf fantasies

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

DreamShipWrecked posted:

It gets repeated because people want it to be true to fulfill their milf fantasies

the reason probably has more to do with perpetuating the "japan is weird" thing

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

Harveygod posted:

this guy gets it, i'd only bring back the bears though :shrug:

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I know I repeat it because I want a japanese mom to fellate me

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
How are the bears in Japan closely related to North American grizzles? Did they cross over in bear boats or something?

naem
May 29, 2011

JiveHonky posted:

i would also replace the bears with teenaged schoolgirls

We have abandoned our son in a forest full of teenaged school girls and now he won't come home

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sankebetsu_brown_bear_incident

that is the most famous japanese bear attack, and it is an interesting story

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Harveygod posted:

What, and waste a wish on some bratty kid?

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

I mean this is why I visit sites like SA.

before today, I wouldn't have known that japanese bears were such a global extinction level threat, arguably more so than global warming or space gamma bursts.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there isnt much of a barrier to entry for modern japanese hunting societies because they are incredibly unpopular. like unpopular to join, not with the public's perception of them. so if someone in japan wants to go shoot bears they can pretty easily.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

there isnt much of a barrier to entry for modern japanese hunting societies because they are incredibly unpopular. like unpopular to join, not with the public's perception of them. so if someone in japan wants to go shoot bears they can pretty easily.

They don't even have guns there, how are you supposed to hunt a bear? Throw rocks at it? Lure it into the suicide forest and have it kill itself?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

They don't even have guns there, how are you supposed to hunt a bear? Throw rocks at it?

hunters can get rifles. but again, hunting is so incredibly unpopular few people do.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

lorn Wayne posted:

I mean this is why I visit sites like SA.

before today, I wouldn't have known that japanese bears were such a global extinction level threat, arguably more so than global warming or space gamma bursts.

this is only for lame countries that dont let everyone have guns

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
ill admit that i only learned about bears and hunting in japan due to a thread discussing an anime about lesbian magical girls who were also human-eating bears. despite the amazing premise it turned out to be a pretty bad show.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

ill admit that i only learned about bears and hunting in japan due to a thread discussing an anime about lesbian magical girls who were also human-eating bears. despite the amazing premise it turned out to be a pretty bad show.

Jojo's bizarre adventures are considered bizarre because there's hardly any lesbian magical school girls in it, by Japanese standards.

Edit: Here's a Japanese movie trailer and about schoolgirls eating people and what not. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX4t8XYJgS0

Mr.Pibbleton fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jun 1, 2016

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Pope Mobile posted:

Then send in Ohio zoo keepers: bear dead; kid saved.

no, the only black person in japan shot, the kid still missing

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/05/31/480117861/search-continues-for-7-year-old-left-in-japanese-forest-as-punishment

quote:

The area where he disappeared on Hokkaido, a northern island in Japan, is also home to bears. Fresh bear feces were reportedly discovered on Tuesday, The Guardian writes.

:rip: 💩:byobear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
LATEST:

Kid's mom promises to fellate a bear if the Ohio zookeepers shoot the kid

• Locked thread