Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I recommend guns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

BeAuMaN posted:

Someone was mentioning this game on the goon Warframe Discord, and I saw the trailer and was like "Holy Cow this looks cool".

I then start looking at the price... $20... Hmmm... Start setting deal alerts. Then I go to the store page and it says it's already in my library...
:getin:

Apparently they gave this out with Humble Monthly June 2017. I'm downloading it now and it looks aaaawwwwwwwweeeeeeeesooooooooooooome.

You, goon sir, are in for a Good Time.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul
I actually bought this on steam before realizing it was in that bundle and I already had it. No regrets

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Warcrimes are the gift that keeps on giving. Spread the tubaraolove

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
Decided to burst onto the Brigador discord with some SELF INSERT FANFICTION :parrot:

quote:

Never a general, not in the NEP and certainly not among the Corvids, who would erupt in manifestos at the very idea; the name suggests offworld ancestry, most probably Tua-Kamal, but to my frustration there are no signs of any escapees from that marvelous, malignant theater of our proxy-war games.

I had hoped for another mystery of Marie Locke's caliber, but alas, my investigations quickly found a vector for Battuta's arrival. The mercenary corvette Arendtopia ran Great Leader's guns on a contract six years ago. The contractor was NEP, and to cover her tracks she had the corvette shot down during its egress. Cryptoforensics suggests the Battuta identity was purchased by a crew member before the run. They must have survived the - if you will forgive my indelicacy - crash.

Spacefarers who traffic often and purposefully with worldborn are the saddest form of animal, but this item of human detritus seems to retain some of the empyrean impulse — since Arendtopia's crash they have bluffed, bargained, and occasionally brute-forced several efforts to get offworld. Their grandiose illusions are exceeded only by their mediocrity in combat. I suggest minimal bonuses and the boilerplate promise of extraction. In the unlikely event of survival, Battuta can be reinserted as a groundside pawn for errands too miserable to sully a better mind.

m.p.C.C

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

cool, i always felt cephei needed to be forcemated with a thesaurus

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

General Battuta posted:

Decided to burst onto the Brigador discord with some SELF INSERT FANFICTION :parrot:

why did you do this

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Captain Foo posted:

why did you do this

Imagine four posts on a cliff

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Captain Foo posted:

why did you do this

im quivering with rage

like vagina lips

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Synthbuttrange posted:

im quivering with rage

like vagina lips

I was going to make the absolutely hilarious "with Synthbuttrage?" joke until I noticed, for the first time, it's buttrange.

Crestfallen.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

im the empyrean impulse

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Oh, wanted to ask Brigadevs: is there still a chance of the sound choppiness being fixed in a patch down the road? I'm holding out for that still, especially since I often can't tell if I actually managed to pick up ammo without the audio cues when focusing on a firefight D:

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

Captain Foo posted:

why did you do this

Cause it’s good, much like this game’s writing, and much unlike my attempts to get Kennedy Spits through a contract on a Rope Kid :smith:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

General Battuta posted:

much like this game's writing

anthony patch
Mar 20, 2008

nope

Buff Skeleton posted:

Oh, wanted to ask Brigadevs: is there still a chance of the sound choppiness being fixed in a patch down the road? I'm holding out for that still, especially since I often can't tell if I actually managed to pick up ammo without the audio cues when focusing on a firefight D:

Nope, sorry. We just have to call it done.

Also I dressed up as Oddball for Halloween. No one knew who I was, but *I did* dammit.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

anthony patch posted:

Also I dressed up as Oddball for Halloween. No one knew who I was, but *I did* dammit.

Fair enough, and I understand! Soooooo, if there are no more patches, I suppose it's about time to get back into modding :unsmigghh:

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters

anthony patch posted:

I look forward to seeing what you guys can do with a engine that isn't primarily paperclips and gum.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

BeAuMaN posted:

Someone was mentioning this game on the goon Warframe Discord
Again, I want to hear about the first time you accidentally powersquat a gas station.

General Battuta posted:

General Battuta posted:

Decided to burst onto the Brigador discord

General Battuta posted:

Brigador discord
WHERE

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Fish Noise posted:

Again, I want to hear about the first time you accidentally powersquat a gas station.

WHERE
Here:
https://discord.gg/9TKr99

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

anthony patch posted:

Pics?

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Why hasn't that discord link been posted in this thread? gently caress the OP :argh:

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Fish Noise posted:

I haven't yet. Running through the campaign though, so far the coolest vehicle has been the Treehouse with the gently caress-off acid grenades and autocannon. The little bike was fun to play with too. A lot of the stuff is fun and different in their own way instead of just being re-skins or whatever.

And these god drat avatars are awesome. I mean this thing really does ooze labor of love for a bygone era.

Edit: I also ran as Sleepwalker recently with the laser turret and the Death's Hand and that stuff is rad.

BeAuMaN fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Dec 13, 2017

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

What's next for the Brigador team?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Procedurally generated puzzle platformer with roguelike elements & a retro, 8-bit aesthetic.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Mordja posted:

Procedurally generated puzzle platformer with roguelike elements & a retro, 8-bit aesthetic.

Spelunkador?

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Double Donk Varlet platformer.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Mordja posted:

I don't know if this is a real or a joke at 90% of indie games having all or at least a few of those descriptors in their pitch :(

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Korvid Kart

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Visual novel detective game with Solo Nobre's scrappy defense attorney, Phil Bromlin

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

Shower With Your MFV Simulator 2017

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul
reiterating that i would pay for a premium DLC about Great Leader establishing the NEP

Scut
Aug 26, 2008

Please remind me to draw more often.
Soiled Meat

Glimpse posted:

Korvid Kart

Hell yeah. 8 player Moto Roader style? :rice:

I've had Brigador for a while but hadn't played it. I originally bought it in hopes it would run on a low spec laptop.

Finally decided to install and play it proper on my gaming pc and I'm so happy with this game. I want to thank the devs. Brigador /feels/ the way playing Syndicate as a kid did on a 486. This isn't achieved by aping retro games on a granular level but by focusing on the spirit and philosophy that I think classic designers were often pursuing.

The amount of content is crazy for an indie game, and I love all the lore, plus having to pay for lore in-game feels thematic. Part of me wishes combat was slower paced if only to be able to analyze enemy unit types and disposition before I commit to action. Dynamic pause like Starsector perhaps? (Brigador feels a lot like Starsector in the sense that you get a ton of content that isn't evident at first glance)

I'd love to play a Brigador RPG.

Oh and whoever did the technical side of graphics and art workflow deserves extra credit. I usually cringe at games with that use pre-rendered 3D models in a 2D engine because the lighting and textures almost universally have that stiff, glossy look but in Brigador everything feels planted and tangible.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
If you want slower combat you can adjust the speed in the options.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Mokinokaro posted:

If you want slower combat you can adjust the speed in the options.

This kinda makes me wish for a Spacer bullet time braindrugs implant button because a deafening bass drop followed by several seconds of slow motion to line up those Galinha shots down an alley while hurtling past at potentially (frequently) suicidal speeds.

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

Hexenritter posted:

This kinda makes me wish for a Spacer bullet time braindrugs implant button because a deafening bass drop followed by several seconds of slow motion to line up those Galinha shots down an alley while hurtling past at potentially (frequently) suicidal speeds.

That would be a pretty sick tertiary tbh

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Adrenaline's the only drug I need. :c00lbert:

And donks. Sweet, sweet donks

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

A tertiary weapon where everything else slows down but you stay at the same speed would be pretty sick but also probably overpowered

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

Safety Factor posted:

Smoking big donks in Amish

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Baronjutter posted:

Blood Dragon 2: Solo Nobre

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Baronjutter posted:

A Dating Sim but you're dating the vehicles. Like that one game about dating tanks but with no sudden serious twist.