Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orikaeshigitae
Apr 28, 2006

never kiss a gun street girl again

YellerBill posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A CITADEL THROUGH A JULIUS. GREAT LEADER IS DEAD AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, PRECURSOR JAMES. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME SPACER BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I RUN OUT OF AMMO. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE GALAXYS MOST FORTIFIED CITY. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY UNIT AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN THE NEP ARMY CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERKS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY ANTANZER LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

this has probably already been done but either way i'm doin this

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.

YellerBill posted:

1: Yes

2: Very Yes

3: RAMMING SPEED

Scut
Aug 26, 2008

Please remind me to draw more often.
Soiled Meat

anthony patch posted:

Question 1: would you use a mailing list if we had one (would be updates, LORE ALERTS, unannounced stuff we’re doing, and merch once it’s ready)?

Question 2: would you be ok with the fastest vehicles getting faster, with new vehicles being as fast as those were before?

Question 3: how fast can a Citadel go before your immersion is ruined?

1: Yes and I suppose you can reach a broader audience with a mailing list than with an RSS feed. I love following designer dev blogs with my RSS reader.

2: I feel safest in Brigador with fast vehicles so making them faster might actually reduce the feeling of vulnerability that gives a fun edge to the game. Probably not feasible but it would be cool if enemies had a random chance to take a few potshots at where they suspect you ran to. (Bullet Farmer voice) "Just probing..."

3: See above. Though now that I think of it you say 'fast' but don't mention acceleration. Maybe it can get up to a high cruising speed like how naval ships can outrun speed boats for long distance?

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

anthony patch posted:

Question 1: would you use a mailing list if we had one (would be updates, LORE ALERTS, unannounced stuff we’re doing, and merch once it’s ready)?

Question 2: would you be ok with the fastest vehicles getting faster, with new vehicles being as fast as those were before?

Question 3: how fast can a Citadel go before your immersion is ruined?

1. Any way you guys have for me to give you more money I am on board with, so having a way to stay on top of that poo poo sounds good to me.

2. Gonna go with yes

3. I'd think the citadel could keep up with a varlet if they made a rolling start. Acceleration would be another story.

If there's any conceivable way to do multiplayer in this engine I would probably not ever play any other game. Just tossin' that out there.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i'd rather just have more stuff than shuffled stuff

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

anthony patch posted:

In other words:
A) don’t gently caress with our babies, just double stack that poo poo like a Corvid builder would
Or
B) I want to have two trucks of every color, shape, and size, please respect the design bureau’s original intentions
Go for B and tell anyone who complains to press F1.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

By the way, when is the rough ETA on the next patch?

Naganted
Jul 22, 2007

Indistinct Gibberish.
Toilet Rascal
1. Definitely hell yeah.
2. Yes, but within bounds.
3. Don't forget to accurately model left hand turning and pivot point.

Was having a lot of fun on Inch of Dust with the Party Wagon yesterday, I think that's about the perfect bolting around being a bastard speed for me. Love how there's so many options in this game that everyone has their own preference for every style.
Even saying that about the Party Wagon, I think about the Betushka or that damned Arlo etc and want to change that statement, heh.

Still loving checking out the atmospheric (I guess?) changes in the beta, and I think it's great that I'm still not getting over the feeling I've always loved and talked about that I have with this game, just stopping and looking at all the little tiny details of a little area, destroyed or not. Gonna stop there before I go on and on.

And I always wind up being fascinated by weird variants of vehicles, so I'd root for that.
(Cracking up now thinking of imaginary dumb stuff like the rare and much maligned Heavy Riot Sparrow variant. )

Naganted fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Apr 20, 2018

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I won't read a single email that doesn't have to do about coupons. But I will read the hell out of the Steam news feed if it's mirrored there. I might be the weirdo there.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

YellerBill posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A CITADEL THROUGH A JULIUS. GREAT LEADER IS DEAD AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, PRECURSOR JAMES. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME SPACER BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I RUN OUT OF AMMO. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE GALAXYS MOST FORTIFIED CITY. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY UNIT AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN THE NEP ARMY CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY ANTANZER LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

fixed that for you

Anyways, I'd be way down for a Brigador mailing list. Probably don't gently caress with existing weapon mounts; I'm not too attached to most specific vehicles, but a lot of them have sentimental value to someone.

Orikaeshigitae
Apr 28, 2006

StrixNebulosa posted:

Soon (TM). There's a weird low-level graphics bug related to localization fonts I'm trying to fix that's the biggest roadblock. That and some minor code tasks are pretty much all that's left to do, I think. I'm sure AP will be tweaking stuff up until it goes out.

Orikaeshigitae
Apr 28, 2006

zedprime posted:

I won't read a single email that doesn't have to do about coupons. But I will read the hell out of the Steam news feed if it's mirrored there. I might be the weirdo there.

Most of the idea behind a mailing list is centralizing communication, so I'm not sure if mirroring it is a good bet. Don't want to clutter up the feed for patch notes/other announcements and ruin the signal/noise, especially since RPS articles and such are shoved in there too.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
I can't wait for Brigador Kart on the Great Leader's Entertainment System

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Orikaeshigitae posted:

Soon (TM). There's a weird low-level graphics bug related to localization fonts I'm trying to fix that's the biggest roadblock. That and some minor code tasks are pretty much all that's left to do, I think. I'm sure AP will be tweaking stuff up until it goes out.

Thanks!

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

zedprime posted:

Nah, it's the same here. I wouldn't sign up to a mailing list because I already read gaming sites and follow Brigador on Steam, so I don't need to get the same news from yet another source.

Orikaeshigitae
Apr 28, 2006

Lemon-Lime posted:

Nah, it's the same here. I wouldn't sign up to a mailing list because I already read gaming sites and follow Brigador on Steam, so I don't need to get the same news from yet another source.

Ah, but what if you got early peeks at news before we send out the press releases?

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Improbable Lobster posted:

I can't wait for Brigador Kart on the Great Leader's Entertainment System

You mean the Nobrendo Entertainment System?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i am never ever ever ever going to want to be on more mailing lists, sorry

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Orikaeshigitae posted:

Ah, but what if you got early peeks at news before we send out the press releases?

I would like this, yes.

Also I don't have favorite vehicles so I wouldn't mind reshuffling, but I am 100% in favor of more stuff even if it's kinda similar to already playable vehicles.

Azran fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Apr 20, 2018

King Keltair
Jul 16, 2001

1. Yes - I joined the steam groups and the discord but don't check them as part of my daily routine, but I would read the e-mails and click the links and send the money

2. Yes - Throw the skill ceiling into the stratosphere

3. Yes - Use flame decals to retain immersion

4. On the re-mounting, agree with what you already decided. Sounds interesting but would cry if it was one of my 2-3 favorites that was modified.

Also like Gramps idea of having higher max speeds for large vehicles but leaving their accel/handling in the dumps. Could create a lot of laughter as you plow through enemies and a lot of heartbreak as you plow through gas lines.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Orikaeshigitae posted:

Basically this, sorry:

Captain Foo posted:

i am never ever ever ever going to want to be on more mailing lists, sorry

I get so much crap in my email inbox as it is that I will basically never voluntarily subscribe to a mailing list.

Mailing lists as a thing to get game info from are dead now that we have twitter/tumblr devlogs. :rip: If I want the info, I will go to the Brigador social media, the Steam forum/news section, or gaming websites to find it

anthony patch
Mar 20, 2008

nope

StrixNebulosa posted:

Soon as we figure out the revised memory allocation for Chinese font loading.

It’s been a huge pain in the rear end.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

anthony patch posted:

Also, how sinful would it be to downgrade a mount size on a vehicle but then add in another playable vehicle from the same faction to fill the gap, while keeping unique characteristics for both beyond the weapon mounts?

There’s two cases like this where I have a vehicle ready to add but either you end up with two that have the same mount kits and just different handling/armor, vs having a broader spread of mount variations for each class. The master doc I originally planned out set for 2 vehicles per class per mount pairing, but doesn’t fit unless I fiddle with some existing vehicles.

In other words:
A) don’t gently caress with our babies, just double stack that poo poo like a Corvid builder would
Or
B) I want to have two trucks of every color, shape, and size, please respect the design bureau’s original intentions

I'd say downgrade the mounts because it'd make things more interesting to have a bigger spread, but you're probably going to have more people complaining about how you've ruined their pet choice, and thus the entire game, than you would have people complaining that you've just added the same vehicle in twice. Can't really say more without knowing what vehicles would get changed.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I don't mind mailing lists if it's like once a month or less. More than then, just post news on your twitter or whatever.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I'd be cool with a mailing list too, while we're collecting opinions.

Agreed that mounts should be kept as it is, even if it breaks the desired "balance".

Fast is fast.

ruskerdax
Dec 8, 2017
Brigador is easily in the top 5 games I've played in the last decade (and maybe all time). It is so god drat good, seriously. When I read about the hardships the devs went through to finish this thing, and the mediocre, lukewarm reception and sales it got (looks like things have evened out a bit now?) it breaks my heart. Brigador is a shining example of why indie games are where it's at. Large studios do not make games like this. Mobile developers don't make games like this. Only teams of scrappy dudes who just love their craft are capable of putting something like this together, and I think we're all very lucky they exist.

Also I am so mad I just blew myself up on the very last stage of a full Novo Solo run with Man From Volta. Got careless with the pulse. Hopefully won't make that mistake again.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There is no good control scheme for this game has anyone had goof results with a controller.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The tank controls work perfectly fine, though? :confused:

(Unless you're talking agravs in which case, yes, there are no good agrav control schemes. :rip:)

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Turtlicious posted:

There is no good control scheme for this game has anyone had goof results with a controller.
Given the various patches over time. Is your speed slider at 70% when you try to use a controller?

Controller minded "Up/W is always up, etc" and 70% speed is the new default. Since 100% with M+KB tank controls was the original control scheme.

...Man I can't even remember how Agravs handle on a controller in either setup.

EDIT: Is it steering or aiming that you are having issue with? When it comes to aim, the fact firing elevations matter, along with the fact weapons are no 100% on the mouse pointer (Just small enough to gently caress with you if you don't know. Then a non issue once I figured it out you do) seems to throw off people expecting pure twin stick gameplay more than the movement sometimes.

Lower slung stuff like most tanks, or the shorter mechs does make the aiming logic much closer to "Point gun. Bullets don't stop until they hit an enemy or wall" style. But taller stuff will hit overshoot nearby short targets if you aim past them.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Apr 20, 2018

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the controls are good op

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
Relative agrav controls are best, remembering which way is left when you're pointing south builds character.

King Keltair posted:

1. Yes - I joined the steam groups and the discord but don't check them as part of my daily routine, but I would read the e-mails and click the links and send the money

2. Yes - Throw the skill ceiling into the stratosphere

3. Yes - Use flame decals to retain immersion

4. On the re-mounting, agree with what you already decided. Sounds interesting but would cry if it was one of my 2-3 favorites that was modified.

Also like Gramps idea of having higher max speeds for large vehicles but leaving their accel/handling in the dumps. Could create a lot of laughter as you plow through enemies and a lot of heartbreak as you plow through gas lines.

This, but double up on the flame decals.

gauss
Feb 9, 2001

by Reene

YellerBill posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A CITADEL THROUGH A JULIUS. GREAT LEADER IS DEAD AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, PRECURSOR JAMES. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME SPACER BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I RUN OUT OF AMMO. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE GALAXYS MOST FORTIFIED CITY. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY UNIT AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN THE NEP ARMY CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERKS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY ANTANZER LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

gauss
Feb 9, 2001

by Reene

zedprime posted:

That's actually a good idea, thank you. Anything sent to the mailing list should also find a place on Steam. A lot of our efforts now are looking at knitting together our communities better, and making sure everyone is in the loop that wants to be in the loop.

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

1: LOL what is this, 1998?

2: Hell yeah

3: Probably faster than you'd dare make it

anthony patch posted:

That quite concretely answers it, actually. Everyone has a favorite, and even if the vehicle i were to change was only one person’s favorite, that is already too great a sin.

My heart says stick to your vision, but my brain agrees with you. Changing mount sizes at this point is gonna make people mad.

Orikaeshigitae
Apr 28, 2006

Lemon-Lime posted:

I get so much crap in my email inbox as it is that I will basically never voluntarily subscribe to a mailing list.

Mailing lists as a thing to get game info from are dead now that we have twitter/tumblr devlogs. :rip: If I want the info, I will go to the Brigador social media, the Steam forum/news section, or gaming websites to find it

I understand your point, but I would caution you against relying on gaming journalism sites for news of any kind.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
e: nvm figuring out how to change the controls

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

I'd say don't change the mounts but add variants of vehicles.

And make everything faster.

Bob Ross Nuke Test
Jul 12, 2016

by Games Forum
All I want is Brigador 2 with a merc style campaign ala the new Battletech and a massive expansion on Lore 'cause I think this is one of the best new Sci-Fi settings in the past decade. :allears:

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
3. Tie a speed boost to destroying all enemies on the map.

Going head to head with an entire map in your mobile fortress: Good

The commute out: Bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

habituallyred posted:

3. Tie a speed boost to destroying all enemies on the map.

Going head to head with an entire map in your mobile fortress: Good

The commute out: Bad

Yes