Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me
This game is incredibly good and well worth your money and has been for a while now, I'm glad to see it's finally all finished up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me

anthony patch posted:

Looking into it right now. Those of you guys who've had isssues, can you tell me exactly when you bought a copy, from where, etc. ?

Having the same issue. Humble store on August 26, 2015 for me.

edit: just saw I have the extras on that store, just not showing up on steam.

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me
The only mission that's given me trouble is the first one you can use the Treehouse, and only as the Treehouse. It's loadout seems so utterly poo poo; an ammo hungry secondary with a primary that has a tendency to blow up the ammo drops from enemies because it lingers too long while somehow also dealing way too little damage to be worth it, paired with a vehicle that is terribly slow, and with equipment that just blows up the cover you desperately need because you can't get away fast. That entire loadout seems absolutely ill-conceived but gently caress if I know, maybe I'm just terrible with it in particular :v:

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me

gauss posted:

Metal Health is unquestionably the first real difficulty spike in the game. I recommend the Killdozer for that mission, Treehouse seems like it would be an easy way to beat it but it requires some fairly high level play. Regardless of your loadout, take it slow, don't aggro more enemies without dispatching the ones already alerted to your presence. unless you're playing the Rounder; the railgun is so loud you need to strike and then kite away while cloaked.

The Ploughman (chem launcher) does often deny you ammo pickup,, but it has incredible crowd control and area denial capabilities. Your secondary (Koenig iirc?) is very much like the GAU-8 it was modeled on. Your temptation will be to just hold down the button, but that's how you run out of ammo. Short controlled bursts! Most people seem to hold that button down and walk fire from target to target, wasting most of their shots. Get aimed up and then let off a peal.

Also, from about Metal Health on, constant, strategic use of your special/defensive is crucial.

Good tips! I found it pretty easy with the Rounder, though the Rounder might be my favorite vehicle of all of them in the whole game, and has been for a couple versions now, I seem to do well with it with any loadout. I've been trying to stop holding the trigger on that Treehouse secondary, it's totally my bad play there. I got in a habit of luring people around corners into chem clouds and it's been helping, but I always fall apart somewhere late in the level with the Treehouse. I'll get there soon enough!

The next level I thought was way simpler, though I just really like its vehicle selection, especially the Rope Kid. One of my favorite maps, too, it feels real tight and it feels like there's a rolling fight.

Dog Fat Man Chaser fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Jun 3, 2016

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me

Psykmoe posted:

Plus with camo you can just walk up to the stationary turrets and kick them down, they can't depress to hit stuff at their base.

Mongoose is so good you guys.