Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
precursor vs auditor

who is the best senpai?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I hope great leader notices me today!

O-oh.

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
screw infantry, game playable as a dog when??

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
really adds new meaning to the sonic pulse

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Pregamer James

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I've noticed infantry do it to.

Try to rush a tank a few city blocks away, half the squad gets sprayed on the concrete, the few remaining soldier boys scatter and run away.

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

ravinghobo posted:

the times where there's that one guy with a laser rifle just baaaarely managing to avoid being stomped just plugging away at you while you deal with a massive swarm of Spacer everything...

Whenever that happens I imagine the roaring bipedal heavy metal monster stomping around in circles in time with Wolfmother Woman as mister badass rambo commando rolls around potshotting the underside of the mech.

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Because I'm a joyless masochist I give myself a budget on entertainment every month and its usually some stupidly low amount.

This month I'm torn between buying some mdma or upgrading to the deluxe edition of this game for the audiobook.

What's your input, Brigadors?

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

verbal enema posted:

You could buy this game then at a later date get MDMA and have some real fun

i have the game, just not the OST and audiobook deluxe extras.

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Mithaldu posted:

The book massively increases the enjoyment of the game by helping you understand much better just what kind of war crimes you are perpetrating. It also has a ton of action, and the guy reading it has a hilarously fitting voice.

You could barely have a more perfect mech warfare audiobook.

about how long is it?

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Mithaldu posted:

7.5 hours

:eyepop:

here I was thinking it was gonna be like 4 hours or something holy hell

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
that thread was unironically only made to shill this game 'cause I love the devs that much so I'm glad it worked

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

StrixNebulosa posted:

I've ventured into GBS for the first time to save you from drugs. Fingers crossed the poll closes with Brigador in the lead!

thanks bb, looks like the audiobook is winning which im happy about. excited to learn more backstory.

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
vex:pitbull/pitbull + ak pulse is cool and owns.
:science:

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Captain Foo posted:

I love Pitbull/Pitbull

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGNvDVKOxCk

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I'm not sure if it's just me, but MAX difficulty missions seem unreasonably more difficult with some uh high multiplier vehicles (eg the Killdozer) than others (eg the Mongoose)

very weird.

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

anthony patch posted:

We don't have any true beam weapons, which is to say the engine doesn't support anything that fires truly continuously, we can only handle something that just fires really really fast, then mask that in various ways so that it looks continuous. Standard practice btw is to not set a firing rate faster than 0.035 seconds, as you then run into performative concerns—it's possible the rate of fire would be lower on slower comps. That being said, if you want to do a Mech Warrior style beam weapon, just set the "burst_cooldown" to 0.035, the "cooldown" to whatever the true refractory period should be for the weapon (that timer starts from trigger pull, so if you sett the cooldown to be shorter than the time it takes to fire all burst rounds then you essentially have no cooldown), and set the "burst_count" to be however many you need for the beam to last; at a "burst_cooldown" of 0.035 you're looking at 29 shots = 1 second. Then just look at the "accuracy_cone_width" and "Bloom Params" tab—i'm guessing for that you'll want to set "accuracy_cone_width" to 0 and then if you'd like the laser to destabilize a bit at the end then set a >0 "bloom_cone_width" and ajdust "bloom_per_burst" and "bloom_decay_rate".

Actually, let me just run through all of those so you know how they work:
bloom_cone_width = radius of the bloom cone when at maximum bloom. If "bloom_cone_width" < "accuracy_cone_width" then the accuracy attenuates rather than decays, which is how we got the Otomo to work.

bloom_per_firing = how much the bloom cone increases per trigger pull. Which means if you have a burst weapon like the Stutter, this value only adds at the beginning of each burst.
bloom_per_burst = how much the bloom cone increases per shot, so in the case of the Stutter the bloom cone would change as each projectile is fired in a single burst. Note this ignores >1 shot counts.
bloom_growth_rate = how much the bloom cone increases per second while holding down the trigger. This is purely dependent on the firing input, aka if you're holding down LMB then this is increasing at the given rate. Only really useful for continuous fire weapons like the Belter and Otomo. Note that if you have a slow RoF weapon that the bloom will be dramatically different for players who hold down the trigger and who wait to click until the weapon is ready to fire.
bloom_decay_rate = continuous rate of decay per second. This is always active, and is the main way to handle resetting the bloom cone for most weapons.

----

As for the Varlet, that's a really weird holdover bug we never solved that has to do with the unit information being set regarding having equippable weapons. The short version is that the unit file needs to be saved out as having been equipped with a weapon then reloaded/repacked in order for the sprite information to be loaded properly. The reason you're only encountering it on the Varlet and Lineman is those are the only two vehicles in the game that have never had weapons equipped on them. I've made the necessary changes on my end, the fix will be part of the next update which should come this weekend. Weapons balancing ahoy!

I'm curious if with enough hacks from your guys' end you could create a sentry spotting beam fired from a weapon that damaged entities, as wouldn't that fulfill the role?.

Just as a purely theoretical thing, not as a "I hope this is in the next patch" because I can somewhat appreciate the amount of hacks required to get something like that to work and it's not an amount to scoff at. IIRC doesn't it ignore solid objects and will pass through them before fading out if the player races behind cover?

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
1.3 gb for the audiobook + ost

:eyepop:

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
This talk of horns makes me want to replace the ak pulse fire sound with a sample of that old kool aid "OH YEAH"

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
what i find interesting about the killdozer after spending some time playing around with it in the dev console, is that even upgrading the firepower of one of the mounts to "Aux" wasn't enough of a buff for me to beat most levels on MAX. On most other vehicles that kind of firepower upgrade would make them completely broken. Only the really crowded inner city levels were the ones I could actually beat because I could sneak up alleys to surprise hostiles. A real shame because it's one of the most fun vehicles to use. I'm sure I just suck, though. Can't wait to see what kind of buffs it gets.

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I always imagined the Treehouse just always has all of the car alarms going off in a huge cascade all the time and it never stops.

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Spacer horn should switch between PAK, CHOOI, UNF

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
im sure they will when they actually announce it

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

I'm the spiky stahlhelm.

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
now about that great leader pilot....

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Mithaldu posted:

Use them to snack during the attack!

Mmmm I love the spacer all you can eat snack buffet, makes my shadow grow :3:

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Kai Tave posted:

Idea for a new Corvid vehicle: a Party Van, but with Great Leader's corpse propped up in the passenger seat wearing sunglasses, Weekend at Bernie's style.

adds a fear bonus to loyalist units so that the retreat behavior is triggered in groups of 3 or less

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Great leader is actually a sentient mongoose with a molded visage on the front

Prove me wrong :colbert:

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Faffel posted:

I bought Brigador and opened up on a crowd of civilians with what I think is a Gau-8. Nice.

mods change thread title to this please

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

That's not an A10 loadout!

THIS is an A10 loadout:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XB1BFFa6-I4

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

someone please mod the konig to fire zeus rounds

Please wait a few hours I have to take care of some stuf-

drat

e: gently caress you im gonna make it anyways made sumthin else

SpaceClown fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Apr 6, 2017

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
i felt artistic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u8DeIyNQ8M

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
imo one of the best details is how the black hand destroys lights.

think about how much radiation is required to fry large electrics like that.

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

atomicthumbs posted:

good discussion timing as i was just now having a great run with a hoker/black hand/black hand/EMP setup until I realized I didn't actually have a way to safely destroy anything that blows up

get the enemies to shoot at it :smug:

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

:kimchi:

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
it might be the multiplier only goes as low as 0.1 on the pilot selection screen but in actuality it's even lower.

check his pilot json

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Marie Locke is my favorite pilot

not only is her design cool as gently caress, but her difficulty curve sits in my comfort zone. she's my goto for testing out new loadouts, and my main for general dicking around. Though I have started to outgrow her difficulty and have been slightly upping it in the data editor as of late. I always have her sick facepaint and wry grin staring back at me and have grown attached. Like familiar neural feedback in a moody mog suit.

she is, as they say in the ADTRWs, "mai waifu". :anime:
All of your other waifus (e.g. ancestor jimmy, johnny poker-cheater, modesto "straight out of Terra Portuária" pires, great leader, etc.) are a poo poo and I will be happy to debate you on this :colbert:

SpaceClown fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Apr 7, 2017

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Good choice in pilot :grin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

atomicthumbs posted:

she paints her face; the corvids paint their faces