Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
You awaken a TV genie who gives you one TV wish. It can effect just one show or channel or genre, or all TV everywhere. What do you use your one wish on?

Here's mine: No television show will ever again feature a scene where an adult who has lost track of a child wanders around yelling that child's name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suction
Jul 17, 2009
A complete version of Deadwood as the writers intended.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

No TV show will ever again use a plot that hinges on two characters making wild assumptions about each other rather than just clearing everything up with a simple, two-minute conversation.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I want to be able to watch the Houston Astros play baseball on my TV, no matter what channel they're on.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Just... maybe... don't make an "Uncle Buck" series.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

No more narration ever.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
For Buffy the Vampire Slayer to have basically never ended.

e: Comics don't count, sneaky genie.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Not Operator posted:

For Buffy the Vampire Slayer to have basically never ended.

e: Comics don't count, sneaky genie.

This but Angel instead :colbert:

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
For HBO to bring back Carnivale.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I wish that Sinbad would get another tv show

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Ein cooler Typ posted:

An Always Sunny Spinoff would be nice

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
An HBO remake of Lost that lasts 3 seasons.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
I wish that all shows must be allowed to have resolutions to all storylines when they are cancelled no matter how long they've been on the air.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
David Milch gets unlimited money and all the actors come back for as much Deadwood as the cast/crew wants to produce. I'd probably give up a decade of my post-50's life to have this happen.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
Timothy Omundson becomes my best friend and we go on adventures.

This can be a TV show or real life tbh, I'm not picky.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I wish for all of Bryan Fuller's shows to be brought back to me, alive and intact.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Nobody on any TV show is allowed to ever drag out a will they / won't they get together plot for one season, or more than is plausible when assuming that both characters have a greater intelligence than God gave pistachio nuts.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
full penetration

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
One more season of Firefly, that pretends the movie never happened.

Runner up, for all celebrity reality TV to go away forever.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

All reality TV goes away forever.

No mid season breaks.

The olympics don't gently caress tv up for a bunch of sports no one gives a gently caress about.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Arrgytehpirate posted:

All reality TV goes away forever.

No mid season breaks.

The olympics don't gently caress tv up for a bunch of sports no one gives a gently caress about.

I like curling :shrug:

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I wish there was a Summer NFL that wasn't terrible. Wait no I would never get anything done.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

A ratings system that isn't older than my parents and a reasonably priced business model that allows me to watch whatever I want, when I want.

Just drag everyone into the 21st century, even if it is kicking and screaming the whole way.

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012
More historical shows on HBO about some of the more obscure stuff instead of the things that have been retreaded to much. Like the wars of the Diadochi, Punic wars, great migrations, thirty years war, 1848 revolutions etc.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
All serialized shows must follow an established continuity. No "it was a dream" bullshit, either (Newhart excluded). Any writer who strays gets kicked in the nuts.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
John From Cincinnati gets a second season

Manic Mailman
Jul 2, 2004
When the show Gummi Bears comes on , your tv dispense actual Gummi Bears and/or Gummi berry juice for the super strength.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

Ein cooler Typ posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orPcPUNdjxE

A new season of Hannibal.

TEAH SYAG
Oct 2, 2009

by Lowtax
I wish that CW would take its progressive agenda and toss it with the 1,300 other nukes that suddenly went on coffee break during Arrow.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
a second season of clone high.

thedaian
Dec 11, 2005

Blistering idiots.
All shows that attempt any sort of series long plotline must have that plotline written out in advance of the show starting. And networks can't cancel shows before said plotline is resolved. And shows end after said plotline is resolved, instead of limping on into eternity.

Cable channels have to revert to showing what their special interest is. No more Ancient Aliens, Ghost Hunters, or bullshit conspiracy theory/reality tv shows.

The Mole comes back for at least a few more seasons.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Tiggum posted:

No TV show will ever again use a plot that hinges on two characters making wild assumptions about each other rather than just clearing everything up with a simple, two-minute conversation.

I'm adding to this that it especially applies to situations where one character asks for an explanation and the other says "It's complicated", because it never is. Just loving explain it.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Full six season run of Limitless on either USA or Hulu, no budget cuts.

This assumes that Person of Interest doesn't "drop the mic" with an edgy "bad guys win" ending.

Stuffguyman
Jun 3, 2007
Nuclear launch button that destroys the person responsible for whatever terrible commercial you are currently watching. Go ahead and add some ironic consequence like it costs $10,000 a press, still worth it :f5h::catstare:

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

One of these for my personal use.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

IRQ posted:

One of these for my personal use.

If it means I have an unlimited supply of fresh salmon for my grill, I would like one too

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
- That CNN, MSNBC, and Fox News cease to be TV channels.
- No more corporate sponsorship on PBS. Heck, have multiple publicly funded channels.
- That TV producers slow down and give everyone a chance to catch up on their television backlog.
- Don't have a talk show's social media strategy start dictating the content of the show.
- Everyone shuts up about Firefly once and for all.
- Shows be good from the start so goons stop asking how many episodes or seasons they should skip.
- Shows stop trolling the "fan theory" crowd because they're so obnoxious.
- That vehicles for comedians aren't automatically treated as "prestige" content. They haven't earned it yet!
- You know what? Get rid of SNL. Let's see what happens.

PowerBuilder3
Apr 21, 2010
I just want all shows to start 2 minutes after the DVR scheduled start, and end 2 minutes before the DVR scheduled end.

(Not counting live events).

The 2 minutes can be used for titles/credits/recaps/previews, but no new content.

I chose 2 minutes to avoid clock issues, rounding errors and satellite + cable routing delays.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Season 20 of the original Law & Order, as NBC originally promised Dick Wolf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
that I get to be in charge of it

• Locked thread