Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

BBJoey posted:

i wonder how long it took them to get to the point that every dialogue feels unique and dynamic instead of just two mannequins standing five feet apart reading lines at each other

the abusive peasants and alcoholics arent voice acted they just drove around poland recording people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The weeping and buzzing flies you hear in most Velen towns is actually just a recording of the working conditions at CD Projekt Red.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
Should I be saving all my miscellaneous junk to break it down for crafting or should I just sell it for the fast $$$?

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I break down for crafting, craft Witcher gear, and sell other swords and armor that aren't as good as Witcher gear for $

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Should I be saving all my miscellaneous junk to break it down for crafting or should I just sell it for the fast $$$?

i kept most of it for a while, but eventually i just sold everything that wasnt a flawless gem or dimeritium cos having 6000 items in your inventory makes it lag on the ps4. chitinous shells are useful too and green gold + copper from the blood and wine dlc is needed but you can sell everything else

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

the abusive peasants and alcoholics arent voice acted they just drove around poland recording people

polish people are really kind, theyre the nicest group of people ive ever lived with. i cant eat their food though, seems like everything they eat comes out of a jar or can

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I.N.R.I posted:

i kept most of it for a while, but eventually i just sold everything that wasnt a flawless gem or dimeritium cos having 6000 items in your inventory makes it lag on the ps4. chitinous shells are useful too and green gold + copper from the blood and wine dlc is needed but you can sell everything else

i love walking into a hovel where children are sleeping on the floor but when you look through their shelves, you find a bunch of diamond dust

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

"oi, master witcher, i had to trade all my coin for this 'ere diamond what the pellar said if i ground up and rubbed on my ballock-sack, i'd be free of the pox i got from ploughin' a drowner. so i have nough to give ye, boi 'okey and top o' the mornin' to yeh. would you like to play some gwent?"

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

What others have said but also the super secret tip is to always break down jewelry and pearl clams into basic materials at a blacksmith because that stuff is worth way way more.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I.N.R.I posted:

polish people are really kind, theyre the nicest group of people ive ever lived with. i cant eat their food though, seems like everything they eat comes out of a jar or can

pierogies are good

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
https://twitter.com/alexdnz/status/936374738993209344

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

lmfao

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

lmao. rip.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

woke up today thinking aboutthis and loling

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Checked the thread a few days ago and lolled. Forgot about it, checked in today and lolled all over again.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
funny screenshot of the witcher 3 i saw in fyad

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
i've still been playing the gently caress out of this game and it still owns.

just crafted all the enhanced feline armor.

is there a place that sells a lot of alchemy recipes? i thought maybe the quest to find the alchemist to teach me things would be a vendor that was really good (sort of like the mastercraft armorer/blacksmith), but he didn't really seem to have anything.

I'm fiending for them recipes to get my max toxicity up.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

I.N.R.I posted:

Geralt: Whoa, watch it Roach... Another group of drowners up ahead.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

Lol

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

Lmao

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Geralt: Whoa, watch it Roach... Another group of drowners up ahead.

hahaha :D

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

gonna finish up hearts of stone. that wedding quest was awesome

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
im at the "final preparations" quest and i feel like this is nearing the end of the story.

should i start on the DLC quests now, I'm sitting at level 30 atm.

also the one thing I can say that i consider a negative about this game: experience and what-not was hard to come by early on, and the levelling pace made it seem like there was a ton more to do. then all of a sudden every quest was causing me to gain 1-2 levels at a time, so I skyrocketed from level 22 to 30 in no time.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

finish main quest then do the dlc. that's how it was meant to be

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
Main Story then HoS then B&W, consensus for maximum enjoyment

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

agreed, though they did do a few references in the main quest if you do the DLC first because cdpr are madmen

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I did most of main game up until just before the end, then did Hearts of Stone, then the end of the Main Quest, then B&W, and I think Main Game, HoS, B&W is probably better. The only good thing about doing the latter is you get to do it dressed as maximum Geralt Cool Dad in a huge robe.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

BBJoey posted:

agreed, though they did do a few references in the main quest if you do the DLC first because cdpr are madmen

cdpr are amazing

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

They really are and I can’t help but feel Cyberpunk 2077 will be a day one purchase.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Getting the most important main story reference in HoS means choosing a very unlikely ending path. So don't worry about that.

Just remember to give wine to Shani instead of the proper quest gift.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

tao of lmao posted:

They really are and I can’t help but feel Cyberpunk 2077 will be a day one purchase.

They’ve been making it for approx. 20 years and I cannot wait

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Palpek posted:

Getting the most important main story reference in HoS means choosing a very unlikely ending path. So don't worry about that.

Just remember to give wine to Shani instead of the proper quest gift.

poo poo I gave her the right quest gift

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

poo poo I gave her the right quest gift
Think positively - it's another good reason to start another playthrough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Palpek posted:

Think positively - it's another good reason to start another playthrough.

im straight up going to do NG+ after I finish this DLC.

this time I'll actually play gwent

• Locked thread