Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

witcher 3 is extremely good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i really liked doing side quests and discovering they were all well written and had cool cutscenes and poo poo

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i have 66 hours in this game and i think i just got to the midpoint of the story lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

theres just a lot going on. even with an r9 380 i have to turn a bunch of stuff down

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

whats the witcher 3 gameplay like?

its so good that r. clown broke character to discuss it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

putting it on hard/very hard is mandatory though yeah. otherwise youre just mashing quick attack on everything and it quickly gets super boring

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i dont touch the gwent at all and im glad that the game never, ever forces you to do it. even in sidequests where it seems like you have to play someone for info you can actually just murder/thieve your way through it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

witcher 2 forced you to do its gambling minigame a couple of times and it was annoying as gently caress

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I did that too. The innkeeper's horrified reaction makes more sense this way imo

gwent's actually good fun and i never play card minigames due to still crying out "pazaak" in my sleep years after KotOR

it seems well done but i dont like any kind of card game lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

oh man the UI is waaay loving better now lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

just discovered the quen upgrade that heals you when you block damage...why

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i love it when you need to find a certain book or note amongst a pile and the devs use it as a chance to have geralt read as many dumbass book titles as possible

(really gruff murderer voice) "The Horse Whistler..hmm, not what I'm looking for"

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

well, now i feel bad for missing out on gwent dialogue

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

exploring is the best part of the game. im on what seems to be the final quest so i just started hitting up question marks, found a monster den with a huge horrible queen spider thing i've never seen before that kept summoning endrega minions, got a bunch of cool poo poo off it too.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the game still crashes a lot and even causes total gpu failures and i have to reboot though lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

hahaha

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

had to turn the difficulty down for the final boss because hes a stupid piece of poo poo lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

almost wrapped up with all the epilogue cutscenes after the finale and it crashed my gpu, reloaded and i was fighting the boss again RIP

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pookum posted:

The only bad parts of witcher are when you're swimming underwater in a cave.

cat helps a lot with those bits..but gently caress the swimming in general really

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmfao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

HORMELCHILI posted:

the swimming is completely fine in MM3DS

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

one of my favorite parts of this game is that there is no morality system, you can choose to be a dick here and a savior there and the consequences play out later on for those individual actions, like they would in the real world

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

one of the dumbest things ever in modern rpgs is if you steal something that permanently makes your character evil and people across the world start talking about how evil you are, it is such a cheap lovely way to make people play a game twice to experience everything

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

that's only in bethesda aka Badthesda games

kotor did it too, but i guess it made a little more sense there with the force and all

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

in new vegas morality is natively broken and even though the UI is telling you you're doing no-nos, your morale only goes up and you end up being wasteland jesus no matter what you do lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Fungah! posted:

that prt worked fine, karma didnt because killing raiders gave you a shitload of good krma and they were hostile to everyone

oh was that it? ppl told me it was outright bugged

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yeah i was talking about karma sorry. the faction stuff worked fine, and i liked that since it actually made sense. "if you get along with cesar, NCR will not like you" = good, "the whole world magically knows if you are Good or Bad" = dumb

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

I sided with Caesar when I played NV, and then assassinated him by pretending to botch his brain surgery and took over his army. There was a lot of cool options in that game

i want to replay it one day but heavily modded, ive seen some cool stuff that makes the combat feel smoother and more actiony. perhaps ill make this a summer gaming goal

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Action Tortoise posted:

there was a really basic disguise system apparently. you could sneak into new vegas if you had the right outfit equipped and bypassed a security checkpoint.

lol my first time playing i used this to run around a powder gang base rly early in the game, but it doesnt work on like, non-grunt enemies so it quickly became a massacre. what a good game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

this is the intro movie whenever you boot up witcher 2 and i'd watch it i wanna say 75% of the time because its extremely badass

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

w2 is also a pretty drat good game, especially when it goes on sale for literally 3 bucks but W3 is so much better in every way it just loving eclipses it.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

well i mostly say good because of the writing, it has a great story that keeps you goin. but it has some big issues. geralt's extremely limited inventory + game's constant demand to horde everything, dodge being worthless until youre able to upgrade it many hours in so the combat often feels hopeless at the start (and the combat in general being extremely clunky even w/ the enhanced edition), loving horrible bullshit boss fights etc. etc.

but the main plot is more interesting than 3's i feel. the sidequests in 3 are fantastic as everyone has said but the main plot revolves around chasing this girl for 90% of the game and i found it pretty dull

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

its all made worse by how once you finally loving find ciri the plot makes a mad sprint for the end and some extremely convenient things happen like a magic rock that summons the wild hunt's flagship for an easy ambush

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Action Tortoise posted:

how does ciri know about the party and that the big guy was attending it? is there someone there relaying info to her?

i dunno, it just feels like a plot hole to me.

it was the sage that told her, but it was still bullshit lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmfao at the post that got larry probed

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

a Loving Dog posted:

im playing wticher 2 now i cant stop gaming

howre you liking it bud

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i chose the redhead. if you try to pick both the game will own you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

tumor looking batty posted:

question i dont really trust the thing in the tree asking me to bring it its bones but i also dont trust the witches. i agreed to help the thing but is there any right decision here?

its a lose-lose, you gotta pick whats more important 2 you

• Locked thread