Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
I started a new game again and gently caress this games so good. The new update makes the UI a lot better too. Can't wait to get to the DLCs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

I'm playing on death march this time and its definitely how the game is meant to be played.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Black Baby Goku posted:

Would it be okay to skip 1 and 2 and go right to 3?

Absolutely. If youre that worried about it just watch youtube vids for the story.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

The voice acting in 3 is some of the best I've heard in a video game

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

mysterious loyall X posted:

i'm gooing to play witcher 3 someday

Do it

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

NickRoweFillea posted:

This is the first Witcher that I've really gotten in to. I've read some of the books prior to this, and I really like in the game how each sidequest is like a little short story. It's very well written.

some of the sidequests are better than main quests in a lot of games

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Grandmother of Five posted:

not trying to troll, but when people say the world building and writing is good, + the design is good, the music is good. but nobdy is saying the combat + gameplay is good, then everything, imo, is probably actually bad.

The combat is good on the highest difficulty imo. The only actually "bad" fighting is on horseback

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

HORMELCHILI posted:

its more like the other stuff just outshines the decent combat mechanic because its leagues better than in other games, whereas other games do the combat part better. The combat is still really satisfying but the world/story itself is what actually motivates you to do stuff which is rare and how games should be imo

yea

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

apropos to nothing posted:

youre very wise. I tried playing through this last year and the world and story are cool but I couldnt stand the combat which is the actual gameplay part of the game so I thought it was rear end and stopped playing ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

honestly if you dont play on the highest difficulty the combat is pretty boring and repetitive because you get overleveled way too quickly

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

rediscover posted:

The Witcher 3 Pwns.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Dukberry posted:

This game is easily the greatest game of all time, including the future, but gwent is trash for idiots and should be replaced by interactive pissing contests between Geralt of Rivia and his oponents

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

i had never seen this trailer before and its freaking badass https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehjJ614QfeM

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Bobnumerotres posted:

lmfao at the post that got larry probed

Good

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

the battle of kaer morhen is sweet

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

i beat the vanilla game and started on hearts of stone. the wedding was lots of fun!

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

im playing wticher 2 now i cant stop gaming

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

im doing other games now but just knowing i have blood & wine to start and finish still makes me so happy

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

tumor looking batty posted:

How many hours do u have in it so far?

probably like 80 because i played thru most of it on xbox and then sold it to buy it on ps4

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Nothing is harder than a dog

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

rediscover posted:

I was on the phone with a friend the other day who's beaten the game and when I told him I was playing it the first question he asked was which girl i was gonna gently caress

Well?

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

man Witcher 3 pwns.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

doing blood and wine now and it owns so much

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

gently caress the grandmaster gear is such a money sink. i wish i hadnt done the vineyard stuff first

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

whats the best drat way to get gold

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Marching Powder posted:

Just got started on the DLC as well and man this quest worked so well it got me wondering how many other tired tv tropes would work insanely well.

Touissant is incredible to look at, the 'build your base' thing is something I will never get tired of doing in games, the tourney is fun as hell. Man this game pwns. It might be the best single player experience I've ever had.

without a doubt for me.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

cleaning up trophies in this. its been a wild ride

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

blood and wine would be a great standalone game its that big + good

• Locked thread