Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
moana
Jun 18, 2005

one of the more intellectual satire communities on the web

Inept posted:

OP hasn't posted in months but I can almost guarantee that this is just another fad that will die in like 3 years.
I disagree - while I think growth will slow, it's unlikely that these rooms will die out in only a few years. For one, the target market is generally team-building, with birthday parties/special occasions a distant second, and so you're targeting corporate money instead of people who are interested in escape rooms. Overhead is ridiculously low, and so are startup costs. Most markets aren't anywhere close to saturated yet.

I actually looked into starting an escape room in my area, but the market is already pretty flooded and laws are not suitable in the close area I live in. I would definitely invest $$ in a decently sized business-friendly metro area without an existing escape room. If you can get there before the franchises do, it's a very lucrative business.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread