Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Node posted:

Repost. Also on SA's facebook. Gj.

Thanks man, I put a lot of effort into my postings.

I like comics.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

DrManiac posted:

Because CAD was supposed to be a light hearted comic about video games and Tim threw in a arc about a miscarriage out of nowhere.

It would be like if the Garfield dude suddenly decided to do a arc about odie getting raped.

He threw in a miscarriage arc, and then wrote a long blog post about how miscarriage is no big deal and people should get over it

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Ein cooler Typ posted:

do people think his blog about getting over it was wrong?

It's true of any tragedy in life

You have to move on and not brood over it forever

It isn't the message, it's the way he presented it in the worst possible way. A dumb comic followed by a extremely clumsy attempt to back it up that ended up sounding like "baby dead so what".

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

YeahTubaMike posted:

did they ever show his brother doing anything worse than making fun of how he pronounced "mario" as a child? "bully" seems like a real stretch

loving jocks

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

If his patreon gets enough money he'll bring his comic back.

I met Mookie at Youmacon a couple years back, he's a pretty nice guy in person, but I think I was the only person to actually talk with him all day :smith:

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Bismuth posted:

Dobson is in a constant cycle of "leaving DeviantArt forever" and posting (literally)gay fan art of whatever is the popular thing on Tumblr at the moment

I am trying to remember my List of Internet Perverts, Dobson is the inflation fetish one right? I know Mookie is into dead chicks and Buckley is into poo poo comics

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Uncle Wemus posted:

Diaz is his own seperate pit of shame but hes not a total sadsack like dobson.

Diaz jerks off to a mirror every night and still insists that he is an amazing enlightened feminist despite drawing his character sexually/nude "for reference", but at least his art is really good.

E. I have spent way too much of my life thinking about/reading/posting about Internet comics

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Jun 9, 2016

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

A. Beaverhausen posted:

When the Webcomic mock threads were in GBS was the best time, I swear.

They were good, but I think that they run their course. After a while they just get repetitive. Loss.jpg, Diaz actually posted something, Dobson is weird, Mookie is weirder, the Goblins dude is still in his deep mental breakdown. Repeat

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Oh no. Oh god no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

i am glad the webcomics thread is back in GBS now, and would like to urge interested posters to please harrass aaron diaz over social media, email, and, preferably, irl

Okay it's not the greatest but I would take Diaz's nice painted shlock over whatever the hell Goblins is

E. Is that a recent image? I could have sworn the design was much better but I obviously haven't read it since the whole techno-christ thing so maybe it's gone downhill

• Locked thread