Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be the champs come Sunday morning?
This poll is closed.
Rockhold, Cruz 45 52.33%
Rockhold, Faber 10 11.63%
Bisping, Cruz 20 23.26%
Bisping, Faber 11 12.79%
Total: 86 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Now I'm looking forward to seeing Bisping being crowned champion. (Please no one spoil my fantasy with reality.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

fatherdog posted:

Also, gently caress Hector Lombard

i picked dan H to beat his head in but it's a slim chance tbh

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Wild Horses posted:

i picked dan H to beat his head in but it's a slim chance tbh

Lombard is Vitor with slightly better wrestling. He's gonna spark you out in the first minute, or else he's going to lay furiously on you, and if he can't do either of those things he gives up. Dan is old and busted up, so he could very well get sparked out early, but if he doesn't I think he's going to grind Lombard into dust.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

As pointed out before the biggest problem with this fight is that no one wants Lombard to win but also if Hendo wins he won't retire anytime soon.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
i mean i really hope that dan doesn't die, but he almost certainly will. boetsch is the only guy who hasn't either murdered him or almost murdered him since like the rashad fight.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Foul Fowl posted:

i mean i really hope that dan doesn't die, but he almost certainly will. boetsch is the only guy who hasn't either murdered him or almost murdered him since like the rashad fight.

To be fair, every one of those dudes would beat the bejeezus out of Lombard (and at least one of them did)

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
well that's fair too. who was the last guy lombard didn't hurt really bad early? boetsch? it might be unfair to say that hendo's lost his ability to recover when he's hurt considering it's vitor and mousasi who wrecked him but i don't think he makes it out of the first three minutes if lombard gets a decent punch in.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Foul Fowl posted:

well that's fair too. who was the last guy lombard didn't hurt really bad early?

Burkman

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
After the weigh ins It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia shot part of an episode there it looks like. https://twitter.com/allinboxing/status/738890326685798400

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
Looks like Cowboy and Cub Swanson.

Lol - even the ring girls are different.

EmmyOk posted:

Cowboy is pals with Rob McElhenney who stars in and makes Always Sunny

Nice!

Kragger99 fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Jun 4, 2016

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
there's still time for lombard to get food poisoning and poo poo himself into hospital

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Cowboy is pals with Rob McElhenney who stars in and makes Always Sunny

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
It is Cowboy. He is going to appear in the next season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQPjQT1LlZM

Devito is awesome

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

i didn't even know that fight happened

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

Foul Fowl posted:

i didn't even know that fight happened

Technically it didn't..

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

I'm watching a replay of the weigh in and Dan Henderson is looking extremely old.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Ratios and Tendency posted:

I'm watching a replay of the weigh in and Dan Henderson is looking extremely old.

Dan Henderson has been looking extremely old since the 1970's. Dan Henderson was three years old when he was born.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
urijah faber owns

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

I've completely forgotten who Brian Ortega is but can someone reassure me he's awesome and going to make Guida looks like an idiot?

Would love to see Faber and Bisping win but don't see it happening sadly.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
ortega is really good at submissions and clay guida is getting up there in age

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Guida is probably getting submitted in the first just like his last fight.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Ortega so far has been happy to let guys get tired and then pounce in the third.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Ortega so far has been happy to let guys get tired and then pounce in the third.

And Guida doesn't get tired.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Brian Ortega: has great hair, does steroids, and thanks God. Dude has it in the bag

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
yet everyone has grown tired of Guida

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Oh and his nickname is T-City and he surfs, he's the complete bro package

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
there's still time for lombard to get hit by a car crossing the road

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Ewar Woowar posted:

I've completely forgotten who Brian Ortega is but can someone reassure me he's awesome and going to make Guida looks like an idiot?

i really like Ortega. very aggressive off of his back. that's why he goes by t-ciddy, as in triangle city. In his fight with Thiago Tavares he opened up a big cut over Tavares' eye from his back and the commentators were like drat that's a gnarly cut! then a few seconds later he opened up another one that was about three times the size and deep enough to store quarters in. watch that fight on fightpass it was one of the best of last year.

The guida matchup is interesting cause theoretically trying to wrestle a dude with this aggressive of a submission game is a dangerous idea but oftentimes when fresh-faced young undefeated dudes go up against wily veterans they get exposed. Guida might pull off a win just by virtue of experience. really looking forward to this fight.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Let's just get this out of the way early: please retire Hendo

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Rooting for Faber by RNC

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Also a guida victory

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Cruz is going to float like a butterfly

Faber's going to bumble like a bee

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
there's still time for lombard to reach a hand out to open the door to the dressing room where he intends to warm up for the fight, but a home alone style prank electrocutes him, killing him instantly

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Cruz embodies the sentiment 'float like a butterfly, sting like a butterfly'

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

acai moonsault posted:

Cruz embodies the sentiment 'float like a butterfly, sting like a butterfly'

Mizugaki got knocked out by a hurricane in Peru.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Theres still time for lombard to cartoonishly slip on a banana peel walking down the street and fall into a wheel chair which flys down a hill out of control narrowly missing pedestrians and cars then crashing into the mousetrap factory where he sustains 100s of minor pinches an is out of the fight

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Theres still time for lombard to cartoonishly slip on a banana peel walking down the street and fall into a wheel chair which flys down a hill out of control narrowly missing pedestrians and cars then crashing into the mousetrap factory where he sustains 100s of minor pinches an is out of the fight

can i get odds on this? lord waffle beard has spoken

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
It will be good to see Rockhjold style on Mr Bisping but it will also be good if Bisping somehow wins. MMA is good.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm pulling for Lombard to get a pimple on his leg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reeg
Jul 5, 2002

What are people's favorite ticket resellers? I'm trying to grab two garbage tickets for this and spend less than $200 on it and it's looking impossible. A ticket to 184 cost $60 after fees!

• Locked thread