Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib
Holy poo poo the delusion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

shoophobo posted:

I've watched plenty of kitchen nightmares but I'm watching the Amy's Baking Company one for the first time and holy poo poo.
I want to strangle her.

meow meow, meow meow meow
Get out of my restaurant!

I've walked past the place but it was closed. Scottsdale, Arizona I believe.

My biggest claim to fame is I ate at the famous Piratez Tavern from that episode of Bar Rescue. My meal was ok, however everyone did pretend they were a pirate.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

thathonkey posted:

im gonna try making those eggs without the creme fraiche this wekend.

i like mine scrambled harder so ill probably leave them on the pan instead of doing the on off thing he was doing+

you might as well ignore the rest of the recipe too then

e: I mean that comes across as mean but the whole point of adding the cream is to prevent the eggs from overcooking so if you want em hotel buffet style there's no real point

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

I like when the sous chefs go off. I was looking for the clip of Andi going off and it's in this creepy compilation someone made of her at the 1:50 mark
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er6888ULLpM

That video led me to this one which I thought was pretty funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSWi3L5jC3g

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
its so weird to watch oval office and retard become super bad words over my lifetime

maybe thats just among the pc crowd

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

Swan Curry posted:

He did this three part series where he went around India and some of Southeast Asia trying local foods, it was really cool

Is that the one where he tries cooking a bunch of the local dishes and ends up loving most of them up? Because that was hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDCROH7A2-4

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Relin posted:

its so weird to watch oval office and retard become super bad words over my lifetime

I use those words constantly for mostly trivial things.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

it seems like he dails up the crazy for american television because on his british show hes fairly calm but still passionate about cooking

and for the record the food service industry in america is utter garbage

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
I love his corrugated face

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Jukeboxblues posted:

More like Boredom Ramsgay lol

Whoah

With a hot product like that

You should open a cafe

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Mr.Tophat posted:

Whoah

With a hot product like that

You should open a cafe

Thank you, you are very supportive.

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
update: 8 min 13 seconds in he says oval office again

noone answered my question: because oval office isn't that bad of a word in aus / uk, what would it be like being on hell's kitchen as an american and hearing that word?

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Nonviolent J posted:

noone answered my question: because oval office isn't that bad of a word in aus / uk, what would it be like being on hell's kitchen as an american and hearing that word?

They would freak!

Nicomo
Jan 22, 2015
In some parts of the UK oval office has managed to get down to a casual friendly term like 'mate'. Glasgow being the worse offender

'so, what you cunts doing tonight?'

Swearing is an art form.

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
and the whole of aus

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Nonviolent J posted:

and the whole of aus

oval office is like a really bad word in the us. Like N word bad.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
Gordon ramsay is my personal hero. I wouldn't be the business owner I am today without him.

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

Airborne Viking posted:

Is that the one where he tries cooking a bunch of the local dishes and ends up loving most of them up? Because that was hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDCROH7A2-4

Yea its really cool.
Hes not experienced cooking asian so hes basically just a gifted student learning for a week then helping cook at dish at a local restaurant. He does ok on the indian stuff.
They feed him tarantula in cambodia too. He goes hunting with the ex headhunters in north india and hes like "these guys are nice but you can tell theyll fuckin kill you if you cross them".

Its like five bucks on amazon video totally worth the money

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

King of Bees posted:

You're a mad oval office :)

PS: That is Australian for "you are a cool person"

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

King of Bees posted:

Uh no. It's not N word bad, c'mon.

Relin posted:

Let me tell you about the word fag in the 80s compared to today. For instance...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvwattbERUw

Totally acceptable joke that wouldn't even get you in trouble with a teacher.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

ArbitraryC posted:

e: I mean that comes across as mean but the whole point of adding the cream is to prevent the eggs from overcooking so if you want em hotel buffet style there's no real point

I think he was joking. I hope he was joking. :ohdear:

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

CJacobs posted:

That's the thing, right? I have never seen him stoop to the point of "Do you know who I am??? I am Gordon (loving) Ramsay! You should listen to me because of that fact!"
Even better: if he ever does talk about his past as a chef it's to tell people, "Listen to me. I've failed before. I had to close a restaurant in my own home town. I know how much it hurts."

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
i have loads of creme fraiche ready at anyones need

fresh

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Nonviolent J posted:

Probably the same reaction as when Jamie Oliver tried making a series for U.S. TV and in the first loving episode he kept calling the people in South Carolina yanks :laffo:

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

shoophobo posted:

I've watched plenty of kitchen nightmares but I'm watching the Amy's Baking Company one for the first time and holy poo poo.
I want to strangle her.
It's so popular that they did a special on it, look for that, too. They go back and interview Amy and her husband. It's fantastic. Deleted scenes, too.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

oval office is a great word and it saddens me as an american i cant say it without my "friends" gettin all "offended" n poo poo

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
Ramsey is less douchey than those guys on kitchen rescue shows like Jon Taffer who yell at underpayed food service workers

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Profondo Rosso posted:

oval office is a great word and it saddens me as an american i cant say it without my "friends" gettin all "offended" n poo poo

If it didn't get that reaction you wouldn't care about the word tho

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Absolute Lithops posted:

Yeah people who've been on the American version say he's very nice off camera and only acts like that while filming. I like the British version better because it's more chill.

Also he is very good (eggcellent, if you will pardon my french) at scrambled eggs although it's a pain to clean up afterwards. It's best to dump the eggs out of the pan as soon as they're done, then immediately put the pan in the sink and fill it with water.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUP7U5vTMM0
I tried these today and they are good,

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

thathonkey posted:

im gonna try making those eggs without the creme fraiche this wekend.

i like mine scrambled harder so ill probably leave them on the pan instead of doing the on off thing he was doing+

The key take away thing in that method is to keep the eggs moving and not let the pan get too hot. You don't need to use a pot, and you don't need creme fraiche necessarily. You can keep them from over cooking just as easily by getting them out of the pan.

Bob Saget IRL
Oct 24, 2014

I really liked the F word.
Except for that one journalist that was a frequent guest. got crap was she annoying.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

shoophobo posted:

I want to strangle her.

I'm watching that one too right now and holy moly this is the craziest bitch ever there's surely no way she's a real person right :stare:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

ArbitraryC posted:

i get that. sorry I meant i would try making them the way i normally do except i will scramble the eggs in the pan and not add salt until the end. Instead of taking them on and off the head though I usually just leave the heat low and cook them sllow, moving them the whole time.

do yall add cream or milk or nothing to your scram eggs?

Lemon
May 22, 2003

He's alright but he's no Ainsley

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Profondo Rosso posted:

If your so called friends get offended and don't appreciate you calling them sick/mad/good cunts then they're not really that good a friend, hope this helps

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

I wonder, is, is there anything he does like? :shrug:

I can't remember which show it was but he once asked a dude for his recipe for his batter for fried fish, which i'm p sure is the ultimate compliment for/from a limey.

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

I wonder, is, is there anything he does like? :shrug:

theres been a bunch of episodes where he likes the food. Happens less often in the US version

Kind of self selecting though. If the restaurant had good food they probably wouldn't be failing so hard.

The F word has had 2 seasons where they look for the best restaurants from each cuisine

SurfaceDetail fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Jun 5, 2016

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Gobblecoque posted:

I'm watching that one too right now and holy moly this is the craziest bitch ever there's surely no way she's a real person right :stare:

There's plenty of people like that, most just know when to hide their true nature

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe

Bob Saget IRL posted:

I really liked the F word.
Except for that one journalist that was a frequent guest. got crap was she annoying.
SHE JUST TALKS REALLY LOUD WITH A STUPID GOBSHIT ACCENT

but the content is actually not bad

• Locked thread