Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max
Nov 30, 2002

In the distant future, the Earth is mostly uninhabitable. At some point, an unidentified eco-apocalypse group released the “Green Fever” upon the nation. Cities that didn’t close their gates in time were subject to massive infection. Symptoms started with a runny nose. Then the hallucinations kicked in. Then the subject became violent. What happened after that, no one knows, as too many were infected at such an alarming rate that they all tore each other to pieces before the final stages of the virus could be realized.

One of those cities was Drawrof. A majestically large and enticing city for those that survived the initial infection, Drawrof offers a metropolis surrounded by a giant wall, protecting it's denizens from the outside elements. However, there are those who feel that the Plague that took out most of humanity was a blessing, and now more human form of plague has taken hold.

At the time of the City’s annual “Survival Day” parade, a bomb exploded, killing hundreds. A new terrorist organization, calling itself the The New Fever, has taken credit for this atrocity. It is now left to the central government to pool its resources and flush out this new threat, before they can finish the job the Green Fever started all those years ago.

Welcome to Drawrof Mafia, a 13 player, role heavy game. New players are always welcome to my set-ups, as I think they will learn a lot, but keep in mind that this is a fairly . . . complicated game (I’m really looking forward to resolving a lot of interesting actions.) But I am hoping everyone will have fun in the process.

There may or may not be 3P roles in this game

Standard Mafia Rules Apply

Here are some rules that you should know:

1. Standard Mafia Rules apply, please don't be a jerk and break them. Here is a handy link
2. This game is modded by me (Max.) If you have questions feel free to contact me via PM. If you don’t have Plat (you probably should if you want to play these games) make sure you include your email in your sign up post.
3. Don't edit your posts.
4. Votes for someone happen like this: ##vote: God of Evil Cows
5. Don’t lurk (please.) I’m going to institute the new anti-lurking rules that have been making the rounds recently. If, at the end of the game day you have less than 10 posts, you will become permanently hated and will require 1 less vote to lynch. If you continue to fall under the threshold of 10 posts per day, you will be Modkilled. Posts made before the beginning of the game won’t count. However
6. I am 100% OK with replacements. If you find that you are simply not able to give this game the attention it needs, please let me know. I won’t mind, and would prefer this.
7. This game will NOT include plurality lynches. If a majority decision is not reached before the deadline, the day will end with NO LYNCH.
8. Posting after hammer (aka "twilight posting") is OK until the flip is posted. Lynched people should stop posting though! (stolen from Podima)
9. Anyone who may need one has been provided with a full role PM as a fake claim, however do not post your role PM, or anything like it.
10. You are forbidden from quoting any private communications with the moderators (not even a completely fabricated one), from talking to any player (living or dead) outside the thread unless your role PM says you may, and from making any other attempt to cheat or break the game (e.g. Toxxing, truth or dare, etc.) Anyone breaking these rules will be modkilled as soon as possible. If town, the day will instantly end. If scum, the day will continue.
11. Remember this game is about having fun so don’t go out of your way to be a jerk to people. This should be fun!

Days will be about 48 hours, nights will last 24 hours at most.

For the purposes of this game:
Town = Central Government Aligned
Scum = New Fever Aligned
3P = ???????????????????

Town wins when all threats to the town have been eliminated.
Scum wins when they control 50% of the vote
3P wins when ??????????????????

OK cool, let’s start the show.

It is currently: Day 3!
Current Living Players:

1. EXAKT Science / Pinterest Mom
  2. SirSamVimes
  3. TMMadman
  4. Your Personal Muse

Those that have succumbed to The Fever
Infinitum, Doctor Enabler, City Government Aligned (Town) has been decommissioned Day 1.
Tommunist / Jimson, Revenge Vig, Central Government Aligned (Town), was shot in the head Night 1
Podima Roleblocker, New Fever Aligned (Scum), was taken into police custody and probably dissected later on Day 2.
AnonymousNarcotics / Murmur Twin Back Up Bus Driver, Central Government Aligned (Town), was shot in the head Night 2
Absurd Revolver, Godfather, New Fever Aligned (Scum), was tried and executed Day 3.
Kashuno, Back-Up Tracker, City Government Aligned (Town) was shot in the head Night 3.
dongsbot 9000, Back-Up Doctor, City Government Aligned (Town) was put down Day 4.
Anomalous Amalgam, Back-Up Gunsmith, City Government Aligned (Town) was shot in the back of the head Night 4.
MEDS CURE SCHIZOS / Adahn1986, Back Up D/N 2 Cop, City Government Aligned (Town) drove off a bridge Day 5.

Max fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Jun 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Sign me up for Sdrawkcab

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
Oh yes, yes please, yes.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Infinitum posted:

Sign me up for Sdrawkcab

Huh, 8 years I've been thinking about this dumb story I wrote and I never noticed that.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah sure, I'm not in a game atm.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Oof, ignore this post.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Max posted:

Oof, ignore this post.

Don't worry I saw it.

Do you have the Revef?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Confirming my presign!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Infinitum posted:

Don't worry I saw it.

Do you have the Revef?

No but I only had like, 3 hours of sleep last night. One of those nights where you just stare at the ceiling and ask yourself "What the gently caress is wrong with you? Go to sleep!"

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
not signing up, but im definitely gonna be reading this thread

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Confirming I'm in for this. Thanks for the pm!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Max posted:

No but I only had like, 3 srouh of sleep last thgin. One of those sthgin where you just erats at the gniliec and ask flesruoy "What the kcuf is wrong with you? Go to peels!"

Max
Nov 30, 2002

HiipFire posted:

not signing up, but im definitely gonna be reading this thread

Cool, hope you enjoy. I can possibly make an observer doc, if enough people are interested.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Max posted:

Cool, hope you enjoy. I can possibly make an observer doc, if enough people are interested.

I'd watch! I'm just in six games already, why do I do this to myself?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I'll play

Max
Nov 30, 2002

OK! Send me a PM and I'll send you a link to the observer doc I just made.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

I'm in.

Why does having the fever need to be a bad thing?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

I'm in.

Why does having the fever need to be a bad thing?

You go crazy and start murdering people. Then you explode, but most people tore themselves apart and died before they got to that stage.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Oh my god, I am too tired for this. Ignore this.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Oh yeah, just a brief thing, this flavor is based on a short story I did a while ago about a Homeless man living in a cyber-punkish universe. Lots of stuff happens, it was pretty shallow and actiony, but I always liked the world.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
:smokes a bowl:

edit: a cyber bowl

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

You mean a sselemoh man.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kashuno posted:

EXEC BLZ.IT Ver4.20

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Infinitum posted:

You mean a sselemoh man.

Best show ever

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Infinitum posted:

EXEC BLZ.IT Ver4.20

reported for warez

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Kashuno posted:

You in?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Max posted:

You in?

ya

Max
Nov 30, 2002

kool.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Max did you seriously not intend the name-backward thing or am I just being obtuse?

Also Infinitum - serious request, please try to tone down the dickishness/sarcasm for this game. I've brought it up to you before but it gets very grating as a fellow player, regardless of alignment. (Also please stop breaking actual game rules.)

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Also also I am extremely happy that my anti-lurking rules (yes, I made those up for... I believe my second BSG Mafia game?) are proving useful for other moderators. :)

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Podima posted:

Max did you seriously not intend the name-backward thing or am I just being obtuse?

Also Infinitum - serious request, please try to tone down the dickishness/sarcasm for this game. I've brought it up to you before but it gets very grating as a fellow player, regardless of alignment. (Also please stop breaking actual game rules.)

Quite serious. I had my head deep in some strange texts in college when I came up with that name.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Max posted:

Quite serious. I had my head deep in some strange texts in college when I came up with that name.

Aw man I'm sorry it was seriously the first thing I saw when I read the thread hahaha :v:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah many years of RPGs have conditioned me to always read all funny looking things backwards for hidden messages.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Max
Nov 30, 2002

:shrug:

I may find some way to use it now. We'll see.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

gently caress YEAH PEGGLE

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CB1fFeb1n8

Max
Nov 30, 2002

https://youtu.be/ElvLZMsYXlo

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013