Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Wee Stubby Nublet posted:

Somebody should let her know that it appears that her dad has been recently dug up. Surprise birthday sex maybe?

I'm still scratching my head over how all those other girls knew the family well enough to know it was her dad's birthday, but didn't know he was dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

I'm guessing that Diane worships Reagan, yet doesn't see the irony at all.

Worlds Smuggest
Mar 13, 2010

That's good of you, Worlds Smuggest. You're my inspiration. Bless your dear heart. :)

Uhhh... yeah, I AM trying. I'm working on it! Rome wasn't built in a day and all that jazz! :D

One day you may find yourself asking one question: Dad gay so what?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Ben Smash posted:

you idiots know there is a PYF for this, right?

Some people enjoy posting in GBS. :shrug:

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
not on my watch

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Champenema posted:

not on my watch

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015
Dumb Helicopter Joke Enthusiast

Facebook Aunt posted:

Or move the center line from the 6 to make it a 0. 0+4=4

I'm starting to think this puzzle isn't very challenging at all.

It is for some people. Being overly attached to standard situations (like math) equals being dumb as a brick. Big part of IQ tests is the part about being flexible in unusual situations.
There are people (a loving lot) who can't get over normal math rules. It will take them longer time to realize, that there are no rules stated about solving this puzzle = lower scores on IQ test.
All real intelligence tests measure time as a rule.

Worlds Smuggest
Mar 13, 2010

yogizh posted:

It is for some people. Being overly attached to standard situations (like math) equals being dumb as a brick. Big part of IQ tests is the part about being flexible in unusual situations.
There are people (a loving lot) who can't get over normal math rules. It will take them longer time to realize, that there are no rules stated about solving this puzzle = lower scores on IQ test.

Typically the tests only cover speed of resolution not creativity in the answer, it asks to fix the equation, which is to make it a true mathematical statement. Under the condition of moving only one match. There are rules to solving, you just have to do it in a manner that is fastest and simplest for you to figure out.

Pretty much every intelligence test, especially mensa's, are full of stupid improbable and really bad examples. Like the Robinhood Gold Bridge test. The problem is that their tests have fixed one answer solutions in their testing apparatus.

Heinlein said it best about them, "It's nice to see people with my level of intelligence, Collectively."

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Worlds Smuggest posted:

You move the vertical match from the plus to make the 6 an 8. for 8-4=4,

lmao or just make the 6 a 0

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Facebook Aunt posted:

Or move the center line from the 6 to make it a 0. 0+4=4

I'm starting to think this puzzle isn't very challenging at all.

helling poo poo

Worlds Smuggest
Mar 13, 2010
lovely server down double posting.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Are there seriously people on this planet who cant raise their eyebrows independently?

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice
Yes, you ableist piece of poo poo

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

yogizh posted:

Worlds Smuggest posted:

Typically the tests only cover speed of resolution not creativity in the answer, it asks to fix the equation, which is to make it a true mathematical statement. Under the condition of moving only one match. There are rules to solving, you just have to do it in a manner that is fastest and simplest for you to figure out.

Pretty much every intelligence test, especially mensa's, are full of stupid improbable and really bad examples. Like the Robinhood Gold Bridge test. The problem is that their tests have fixed one answer solutions in their testing apparatus.

Heinlein said it best about them, "It's nice to see people with my level of intelligence, Collectively."

holy poo poo shut the gently caress up

DenizenKane
Nov 6, 2013

Please. Go on.

Worlds Smuggest posted:

You move the vertical match from the plus to make the 6 an 8. for 8-4=4,

Look at this dumbass thinking there's only one solution.

DenizenKane
Nov 6, 2013

Please. Go on.

yogizh posted:

Nope. Being flexible isn't a part of IQ tests.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Monkey Fracas posted:

Facebook is the place to find out that all of your old friends are dumber/more racist than you thought they were

"No man, please stop unironically sharing horoscope poo poo. Oh God David Avocado Wolfe? Tru Activist? Please stop..."

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
well now it's really startin to feel like facebook here

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Send me some lives in Candy Crush plz

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

I fell for this. :(

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

-A stay at home mom who's husband runs a 6 figgy business

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I just saw this and I am really confused. A black woman shared it and a white woman commented asking if they were responsible for their own rape because they were white. The original sharer argued that yes, she pretty much was responsible for her own rape due to societal racism. It's sad to see people who used to be really smart turn into blithering idiots. :(

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

OctoberBlues posted:

I just saw this and I am really confused. A black woman shared it and a white woman commented asking if they were responsible for their own rape because they were white. The original sharer argued that yes, she pretty much was responsible for her own rape due to societal racism. It's sad to see people who used to be really smart turn into blithering idiots. :(

Not reading that.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Anderron Shi posted:

Not reading that.

You should it's really insightful

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
That's a disgusting tattoo

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

bradzilla posted:

-A stay at home mom who's husband runs a 6 figgy business

a 6 figgy business :monocle:

no way

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib

Ben Smash posted:

you idiots know there is a PYF for this, right?

I was wondering why this thread wasn't infested with bad puns.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

#TattooParty
#WeLittt

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib

Living in Florida would do that to me, too.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I live in Florida. Can confirm soulless existence

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Rip your awful phone font

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

same

budgieinspector
Mar 24, 2006

According to my research,
these would appear to be
Budgerigars.

Somebody should let her know that it appears that her dad has been recently dug up. Surprise birthday sex maybe?

Facebook Aunt posted:

I'm still scratching my head over how all those other girls knew the family well enough to know it was her dad's birthday, but didn't know he was dead.

How old would you guess those girls are supposed to be? At least 15, wouldn't you say? So they'd have been born around 2001. And Dad was born in 1987. Making him a father at 14.

Certainly not impossible, but bothersome.

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

:kazooieass:PEPSI for TV-GAME:kazooieass:

lol stupid venue couldn't even afford to hire the real alf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

That alf thing is amazing

• Locked thread