Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
This is a good, if dark game. I hope you enjoy your playthrough!

oh poo poo is saying its a good game a spoiler too???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
You can really tell the game was handled differently than OOT. Right out the gate you've got much more evocative imagery, darker themes, and even the art direction feels more sinister. Not to say OOT didn't have its share, (Hello castle town as an adult, Kakariko Village's everything) but the opening does a decent job of setting the tone, I think.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Inspector Gesicht posted:

As much as I want change, I'm not holding out for Zelda to get a little more progressive. Too bad Zelda won't be this badass again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3M859Lp5_e8

Hyrule warriors does have her slaughtering thousands of monsters and basically kicking ganon in the dick.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

KieranWalker posted:

Hyrule Warriors was also not developed by Nintendo.

True, but Miyamoto did take a noted interest in its development. An amusing note I recall is that they wanted to make it closer to zelda games with dungeons and such, and he basically went 'What? Are you dumb? Make a warriors game. It'll work'

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Eugh. It's hard to watch you not read whats on the screen and be confused when it's explained to you ten seconds later. That's just a pet peeve though. It's neat to see someone experience the... surreal tone of the game for the first time.

The game does have some of my favorite music in the series though. And we haven't even reached my favorite songs yet.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Faerie Fortune posted:

You must be new here

No. Just reminding myself what you're like. It's no big deal. Acclimating myself, if you will.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Faerie Fortune posted:

Okay I just rewatched the video because I was curious about what you could be referring to and if its what I think it is then that's not me not paying attention; I have an awful memory for sequences and while writing down the song of time during recording probably wasn't the best idea, it was also the only way I'd be able to quickly reference it without having to go through the start menu, select the song and spend a couple of seconds repeating it to myself so I'd remember every time.

I promise I've actually been working on my reading comprehension and my sense of direction between games!

Huh? Oh! No no, I was actually thinking about the sequence of giving the moon tear to the deku scrub so you could use his golden flower. It mentioned hitting start to open up the menu, and you were told afterwords. Your reaction sounded like you hadn't read the text at all. I could be mistaken, of course.

I'm not meaning to make you self conscious or anything. I'm sorry. To be clear, I wouldn't watch your videos if I didn't enjoy them!

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Faerie Fortune posted:

:siren:Update Time!:siren:

Episode 6 - Tingle, What Did You Do!?

Posting this a little later than I usually post videos but in my defence I was distracted by a rad as poo poo videogame that I've been waiting for for a while and just got released today!

On a scale of 'lame' to 'tubular', how rad is it?

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Quantum Toast posted:

If it's any consolation, you just made me picture Prime Minister Mido.

The hylian middle class are petitioning for more rights? GOOD GRIEF!!!

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Faerie Fortune posted:

:siren:Update Time!:siren:

Episode 7 - Throw Tingle Into A Ditch

Seriously though I hate that guy

...Watching him run by in the background as you end the video is hilarious.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

I love that she's all 'oh no I've been attacked im in so much pain I can't stan- Oh hey is that a potion?" Then she hops right up and snatches it with 0 difficulty.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

I apologize for laughing so much at your difficulty with walking in a straight line.

Must be something in the water.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Some Numbers posted:

Artix has good taste in Majora's Mask music.

Hell, most of the music in this game is pretty drat good. If nothing else, the game is an audio treat.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

I was so proud to see Fae nail the lily pad platforming quickly.

Also yeah, Wow. The torture. I forget, doesn't he actually die sometime on the third day?

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

ChaosArgate posted:

I don't think so? The torture is already pretty dark for a Zelda game, having the monkey die from 3 days of torture would be really hosed up.

I must be mis-remembering then. Kind of surprising he doesn't though.

Now that I think about it, that'd be stupid. Considering that most first time players would be going into the dungeon and maybe finishing it late third day.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Alkydere posted:

glad I'm not the only one who hears that.

I thought I was mad.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

I honestly forget I have a shield in these games. I'm just hyper aggressive enough to where I do more damage than I take to win. Just keep swinging if that's an option.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

I... I'm so proud of you, fae. *Sniffle*

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

voted 5, thread has reached it's peak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Oh huh. I never noticed, but when watching fae try to aim, but there's actually a small piece of the bow jutting out between the main part and the string, and that point is horizontally level with where your arrow will go.