Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Glalev
Jan 28, 2009
There's a very fun detail about the moon in Majora's Mask, by the way. If you keep the camera still and really stare, you can notice that the moon is constantly slowly creeping closer. It's really subtle and pointless but it's the kind of detail work that I love.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glalev
Jan 28, 2009

Drakenel posted:

Huh? Oh! No no, I was actually thinking about the sequence of giving the moon tear to the deku scrub so you could use his golden flower. It mentioned hitting start to open up the menu, and you were told afterwords. Your reaction sounded like you hadn't read the text at all. I could be mistaken, of course.

I interpreted it as a case of Fae reading it, thinking "Oh, I know I can press start to open up the menu and select items already, I played Ocarina of Time" and thus not realizing that the game was trying to point out that Majora's Mask allows you to do it while dialog boxes too.

Glalev
Jan 28, 2009

WilliamAnderson posted:

I like Fae being directed a bit, but why aren't you encouraging her to look at the Bomber's Notebook at all? =(

True, I 100%ed the game and, way back, the bomber's notebook was a LOT of help to get some kind of direction, it tends to give little hints (and lets you know when to do something with someone) so between that and a LOT of exploration it's possible.

However, the direction is rather important. I've restarted loops due to missing something important and spent many a loop being useless trying to see how to do something so this LP is at a good level, I feel. It was hilarious to see, when Fae was finally in the inn when Anju is around, the desperate attempts at getting her to use the Kafei mask without actually stating it outright.

Glalev
Jan 28, 2009

Faerie Fortune posted:

I hope it comes through in the videos (and I've been told it totally does) but I am completely head over heels in love with this game.

I can absolutely see why people dislike it though. You're cast into a strange, weird world that doesn't work the way you really think it should, you're given no real direction except "find these people and bring them to the apocalypse" and that's assuming you manage to get to the end of the first cycle, and finally you're on a very strict time limit. I completely understand being put off by just one of these things, when they're all together like that I can see where the dislikes come from.

It's definitely clear you're enjoying yourself and I've been having a blast watching this LP. This is very much a self-driven adventure though, you're given a large world, loose instructions and new mechanics to figure out. Between that and the weird atmosphere, this is a very polarizing game. I'm definitely in the 'love it' faction though, the constant feeling of wrongness that the game inspires just -has- to be intentional with how persistent it is and that makes it a very unique direction for Nintendo to go in.

Did they ever make another game that went so out of its way to make you feel thigh deep in the uncanny valley?