Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LadyAmbien
Oct 22, 2015
Hi - I've been away, but now I'm back. The number of emails I have returned to about GBS turning into a steaming pile of garbage is disappointing. I will be handing out bans and probations as party favours for people who are violating forum rules and generally being terrible. If you think before you post, this will not happen.

Besides that, I'm happy to be here again! Give me updates and highlights of what I've missed!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

med school head
Apr 17, 2012
mods did 9/11 and dare is still poo poo posting, that about sums it up

edit: read the thread about the goon's wife its depressing but a good read

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

bring on the purge! :unsmigghh:

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Hooray!!!

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
gbs turned into a steaming pile of poo poo because of the bans not for lack of them

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I haven't noticed any major changes here lately, maybe the people who emailed you were dumbasses? Anyway, please ban anyone who says bad poo poo about Jews, because my best friend is a Jew. Also please have dare committed and arrange for his death in psychiatric prison, because he spams word salad and that's ten times more obnoxious than regular shitposting.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
and if anyone actually emailed you about GBS turning into a steaming pile of poo poo in your absence you should post those emails because thats embarassing as hell

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Turned into a steaming pile of poo poo? :confused:

LadyAmbien
Oct 22, 2015

JakeP posted:

gbs turned into a steaming pile of poo poo because of the bans not for lack of them

Noted!

JakeP posted:

and if anyone actually emailed you about GBS turning into a steaming pile of poo poo in your absence you should post those emails because thats embarassing as hell

I won't post them, but let me detail to you, instead, about how one of our girls accidentally left a bowl with cheese in it out in the blistering sun, and then the rain for a week. And the bowl became full of water. And then we waited until she was back this week to ask her to clean it up. And when she did, the water inside smelled like trench foot and it spilled all over the deck and her feet. And then she came in the house and all of us were dry-heaving and screaming while she tried to make it upstairs to jump in the shower, and every place she stepped smelled like the cheese and had to be scrubbed.
~fin~

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

JakeP posted:

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

LadyAmbien posted:

I won't post them, but let me detail to you, instead, about how one of our girls accidentally left a bowl with cheese in it out in the blistering sun, and then the rain for a week. And the bowl became full of water. And then we waited until she was back this week to ask her to clean it up. And when she did, the water inside smelled like trench foot and it spilled all over the deck and her feet. And then she came in the house and all of us were dry-heaving and screaming while she tried to make it upstairs to jump in the shower, and every place she stepped smelled like the cheese and had to be scrubbed.
~fin~

That's loving funny.

LadyAmbien
Oct 22, 2015

Can I brush your hair instead of banning people, I find it soothing.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

LadyAmbien posted:

Noted!

~fin~

thats my reaction when I accidentally read QCS or D&D, I know the feeling

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

Hope the tiny human is well, and also the baby :downsrim:.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

JakeP posted:

yeah but when LA was here she banned the idiots instead of the funny people, so that's a pretty key difference.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

the MS Paint Clowns in Difficult Situations thread was the funniest goddamn thread i've seen this year, so that's worth noting

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Hi forums mom....the "issues" have been a weird combination of mostly Dare etc. re-reg's, but there have also been (a few) weirdly unjust bans....in my opinion anyway.

It's hard to be all things to all people I guess.....welcome back anyway!

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

goonessi, mother of forums

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Welcome back LA. Hope all is well

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

i kneel and pray towards kansas every day for goonessi to release dgsw from his prison

Machine Cult
Dec 23, 2005

A TEXT IS HERE
Free dgsw, bring back the gbs en thread (i.e. the only thred I really posted in), go light on the bans (except for dare), and what the hell is up with the goon wife thread?

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
Shouldn't you be taking care of the baby and cooking for your man barefooted?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Machine Cult posted:

and what the hell is up with the goon wife thread?
link to goon wife thread, por favor. two people have mentioned it so now i'm curious

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

goonessi, mother of forums is the new gbs meme, btw

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

The only real issue has been the hundreds of Dare rereg accounts. Although I think he got less annoying in the last week? or maybe I stopped noticing. Anyway welcome back, how's the babby

Fiddler on the Reef
Apr 29, 2011

the people who send you the emails are the ones you should be banning instead of listening to them and eroding the community even further.

Fiddler on the Reef
Apr 29, 2011

JakeP posted:

med school head
Apr 17, 2012

symbolic posted:

link to goon wife thread, por favor. two people have mentioned it so now i'm curious

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3765351

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Wb, hope the baby is doing well!

I agree with everyone who says most of GBS's problems have been Dare reregs. However a lot of actually funny people have been banned recently too, which is worse.

DGSW trolling Dare resulted in the only funny thing related to Dare ever

Machine Cult
Dec 23, 2005

A TEXT IS HERE

Parallax Scroll posted:

The only real issue has been the hundreds of Dare rereg accounts. Although I think he got less annoying in the last week? or maybe I stopped noticing. Anyway welcome back, how's the babby

Dare is kind of hilarious, but a big part of that is his getting banned and immediately reregging over and over again.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

hello again. i would suggest handing out a probation every few minutes to a random account

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

LadyAmbien posted:

Hi - I've been away, but now I'm back. The number of emails I have returned to about GBS turning into a steaming pile of garbage is disappointing. I will be handing out bans and probations as party favours for people who are violating forum rules and generally being terrible. If you think before you post, this will not happen.

Besides that, I'm happy to be here again! Give me updates and highlights of what I've missed!

LA, serious question: Were you around when GBS was actually good? It turned into a steaming pile quite a while ago and it honestly seemed like the mods at the time pretty much allowed it to become FYAD lite in a real hurry for some unknown reason. In fact about that time was when it had a weird background suddenly (trout?) and for a short period, much like BYOB/FYAD do.

I am all for GBS becoming decent again, but the staff really gets the bulk of the blame for effectively tossing the reins up in the air and willingly allowing no holds barred for too long.

Cartouche fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jun 4, 2016

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I'm on notice not to post anymore PAWGS, also I bought some Google Cardboard so I've transcended the physical world and have become a Star Shark :)

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Cartouche posted:

LA, serious question: Were you around when GBS was actually good? It turned into a steaming pile quite a while ago and it honestly seemed like the mods at the time pretty much allowed it to become FYAD lite in a real hurry for some unknown reason.

the "unknown reason" is because you guys gave thousands of dollars to a hot dog racist and turned a comedy forum into a place where improper punctuation was a bannable offense

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

8 track betamax wants us to either stop posting about ethnocentric stuff, animes, popping wordfilters(?) and other things that I don't really understand. And I'm still not sure if they're all joking or what we're supposed to post like now.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3778334

Maybe you can clarify. Or ban me. I don't know, but I'm glad you're back and doing stuff!

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Wedemeyer posted:

8 track betamax wants us to either stop posting about ethnocentric stuff, animes, popping wordfilters(?) and other things that I don't really understand. And I'm still not sure if they're all joking or what we're supposed to post like now.

Maybe you can clarify. Or ban me. I don't know, but I'm glad you're back and doing stuff!

Can you stop being a whiny bitch? Maybe start there and just see how it flows?

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Wedemeyer posted:

I was wondering where that thread went.

I mean, LA, that very thread is case in point of how bad moderation is anymore. Not because of SWBM's OP, but the very fact that even that thread was unmoderated to the point where it landed in the gas chamber.

Cartouche fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jun 4, 2016

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i got this sweet new av what do you think of it please hang it on the fridge

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

GBS got bad probably because the china expat goons were stopped from posting their fave tips and tricks to dupe and swindle foolish yellow nongmins,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
#FreeDGSW

• Locked thread