Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama
So apex is literally just Curse rebranded with the "scale to late game" strategy every game. Exciting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama

Work Friend Keven posted:

Congrats to APEX GAMING on defeating the reigning Champions, CLG. Shoutout to my boy keane, my boy xpecial oh and you know I'm not forgetting my boy, the legend, the NA Grandmaster, the best jungler in the world, Saint... Viscous.

Sounds like you've been watching the wrong region. Might I suggest checking out some EU games?

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama

GreyPowerVan posted:

Who said that.

when you look at a c9 interview through a Rabidsquid lense it is actually all 5 members of the original team beating Bunny with socks full of quarters. He's an empathetic person and it goes to reason he would not be a fan.

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama
This meta doesn't seem to suit CLG at all. Aphro is without his engage tanks and Huhi is completely useless on every champion they put him on. I don't think they are going to fix either of those issues any time soon.

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama
In a stunning surprise, C9 looks better and better as the split goes on. They owed a lot to Impact there though. Best games of the split by him by far.

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama
c9 is being punished for their patience and willingness to let the first 3 dragons of a game go in exchange for turrets. Smoothie is also not adding much though.

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama
How do you give every member of CLG their favorite champions two games in a row?

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama
Man, as a c9 fan these were hard to match. C9 looked like garbage and Jensen would do more good by leaving the game. He certainly isn't going to leave his loving lane.

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama

Lovechop posted:

jensen so bad guys lol

In these games, yep. There is no reason to put him on TF. He gets nothing done with it.

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama

Lovechop posted:

he is still their best player by a mile

I never said he was a bad player. He is one of the best in NA and very consistent. But this weekend was not proof of that.

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama
That game was too long, but fun. APX was all about dogpiling into any opportunity, but Jensen put the fear of Malzahar into them and that blunted aggression kept them from ever closing the game.

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama
Even the C9 haters gotta give it up for that much CC dodging. That was loving horrific and Sneaky probably got ptsd now.

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama
Would C9 really sell those players off to another organization? I assumed they would just sell off the spot and keep them all in perpetual enslavement.

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama

Firebert posted:

I have to imagine that 3 of Altec/Balls/Hai/Lemon stay on when the team is sold and C9 puts Contractz on their main squad as a sub or even replace Meteos with him. They'd be stupid to let let such a promising young jungler go.

Wait...

At least 3 players need to playing in week one of spring 2017 for the roster to be eligible iirc

Oh yeah. Well in that case I would hope they retain Contractz and the others are finally severed from C9. I could see Hai leading a team for the hell of it and then rejoining C9 if it doesn't work.

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama
Do to a lack of chanpion points does c9 need to win the playoffs tournament to get to Worlds, or is there another route?

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama
Thanks. I guess the whole gaunlet mechanism just confused me and I thought they dropped it or something.

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama
Some asian kid with a mask on. Apparently he was just wandering around backstage offering his services to the highest bidder.

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama
Hahaha I like CLG but this game is hilarious.

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama
Fabby kneels down backstage, tears in his eyes. Locodoco places a revolver against his temple and looks away.

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama
Has CLG ever won a game with this aurelion sole?

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama
This seems like the worst match up C9 could have with their cautious style, but this is already the best game they have played all split.

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama
Is Syndra broken or is Jensen just really good on it? He is rarely in any kind of trouble, wave clears, seems to be fine on mana even without a blue buff. It all looks so effortless.

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama
Huni has gone full Keane. You never go full Keane.

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama
Hasn't target banning Unforgiven and Doublelift been pretty big, especially with Lucian at his zenith? Imp's Twitch was also terrifying.

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama
If IMT played to their strengths and had C9's comp in that game it would probably been over in 20. They have to drop the ball pretty hard to lose this series. Go C9. Catapult yourself once again off the startling incompetence of a better team. This is the cycle and it cannot end.

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama
C9 really did improve there from game to game and by game 5 they were looking like the far superior team. Impact styling on Huni. Jensen never really pressured. Bot lane crushing. Some actual attention payed to dragon control. Good for them.

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama

Maguoob posted:

Wasn't it DIG vs REN last split with the deaths to herald and bot tower? Look where both of those teams are now! May the same fate fall upon Immortals.

Though seriously this series doesn't give me much faith in either team to do very well at worlds. IMT with their refusal to play meta toplaners, and C9 with their inability to close out the game.

Edit: Yeah Week 7 REN vs DIG. BillyBoss and Kiwikid dying to bot turret followed by Hakuho and Crumbz losing to Rift Herald.

C9's biggest strength has always been to learn from their games and fix their flaws. They even got a legitimate coach this season. I don't think, given time, they will face the same problems.

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama
Why do they make me choose between brain damaged Rivington and autistic Xpecial I just want normal people

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama
CLG looking like the 4th best team in NA. if C9 beats TSM does that put TSM in the second seed and force CLG to go through the gauntlet?

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama
This vlad is absolutely disgusting and CLG deserves to lose for letting it through. Get hosed CLG.

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama
If C9 lets TSM have vlad I'm gonna be real mad.

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama
I think C9 looks like the second best team in NA right now, but they just don't have as many tools as TSM. If they play like they did in the later games vs immortals and don't give away the first 3 dragons then maybe they can match their tempo and come out ahead. Ah, gently caress it. You can do it C9 :cheers:

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama
C9 secretly pumping in Hai into comms. The puppet master.

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama
Fuuuuuuuuucccckk

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama

This is what happens when you bench Lemon :mad:

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama
Should have stuck with the Shen. Also TSM remembered that shutting down Jensen stops C9 dead in their tracks.

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama
C9 has never been willing to give up on picks because they lose a game. They always think they purely missplayed. This has burned them, but ehhh I can see their thinking here.

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama
Full health relsai gonna get shredded by vlad? Of course. God drat this champion is terrible.

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama
Is Samsung good again? I haven't heard anyone mention them the last two splits but here they are going to Worlds. Apparently Skt is also sneaking in off the back of weak finishes just like CLG? Is this the weakest Korean lineup we have seen going into Worlds or are they expected to slaughter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama
Can someone please post the "eu is garbage" picture thank you

• Locked thread