Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Competitive League of Legends.... is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Really, really bad trade from IMT. I wouldn't trade Turret for Infernal or Mountain, and the fact that C9 grabbed mid on the side is just... what?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Holy gently caress what a dive.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Calax posted:

Gotta say, Meteos actually ganking lanes seems effective.

When Lee Sin was the hottest poo poo in the jungle Meteos was actually pretty gank-heavy, particularly in toplane. Granted that was like. S3-S4 Meteos.

That said this game is moving a mile a minute.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

This game is really sloppy but it sure is fun

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

Every single fight seems to be immortals smashing and taking something and then over diving instead of playing around objectives.

yeah

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

IXIX posted:

This full AP Ekko poo poo is so useless

lmao

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

This IMT team actually has a really huge skirmish and re-engage potential between Ekko, Karma and Olaf, it's kind of the one team you could use Cloud Drake on really effectively.

e: Ashe too, poo poo that was actually a really good comp.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Asema posted:

Cloud 9 pretty much had better map presence in their ward placements, their objective control and their flanks but forgot that Ekko existed and woops that's a loss.

I don't really think that's what happened but I'd have to watch the final fight. That was really close.

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

If IMT didn't keep diving or try to take baron at half hp they could have closed it out quick.

Yeah agreed. IMT really dictated the pace after that 4-man kill in botlane but they got too cocky with their dives and overextended really badly.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Asema posted:

The game was over as soon as Jensen died while he was watching the fight/shopping/picking his nose while Ekko one shotted him during his recall. Up until that point C9 had better wards, better map movements and were pushing IMT to take risks that they could take advantage of.

After that C9 tilted off the face of the world and IMT did whatever they wanted.

I really disagree. WIth how fed Jensen was, if that last fight went even slightly sideways for IMT then C9 picks up Elder Dragon and then it's GG.

e: Watching the replay, Gragas got caught out -badly- by Ashe arrow when there was no one around who could cover/cleanse him, and when he dropped everyone else basically domino'd after him because you don't disengage from Righteous Glory + Karma Ult+E + Olaf Ult

Monathin fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jun 4, 2016

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I really don't like IMT's comp this time.

Good QTpie story though.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Welp. This game is... -probably- over unless IMT plays out of their minds.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

archduke.iago posted:

what a loving garbage draft by imt

like why would you draft a poke champ into what c9 has

Pobelter on Varus I -really- don't understand. Lissandra was open and would have been a far better choice, imo.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Tank Ekko has been nerfed into the ground repeatedly. I don't mind Rod/Abyssal/LB Ekko as like. Half-tank Half-AP. I seriously think Varus instead of Lissandra for counter-engage is the really big error of this draft.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Asema posted:

They aren't playing on the nerfed Tank Ekko patch though right? Like it's still 6.10

ALso the P1/Fox game is also a good watch imo

Ekko took a nerf in 6.8 and Midseason dialed back Iceborn which is one of Tank Ekko's key items. I don't think full tank Ekko is really viable even without the 6.11 nerfs, they're just sealing the coffin shut.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Libertine posted:

I just tuned in after being out for awhile, what happened in g1/g2 of this C9/IMT series?

Both games have been bloody and sloppy as hell, but Immortals managed to outchase/outskirmish C9 in game one.

Game 2 IMT drafted a poke comp against Sivir/Karma. You can guess how that ended.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

C9 lost the huge midgame spike Sneaky had on Lucian. They're done.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Moatman posted:

JESUS CHRIST METEOS

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

meteos isn't as bad as everyone thought he was going to be

I keep saying this but people forget when C9 came in and destroyed everyone in their first season Meteos was a real master of objective control and ganking, especially on Lee Siin.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

I mean he isn't even the best jungler on his own team, lets not get too crazy here.

Well yeah he's fallen off/people have passed him up obviously but "Meteos farming the jungle at 25 minutes while his team dies" meme is a bit exaggerated is what I'm getting at

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Schnorkles posted:

it turns out that replacing dardoch with moon was a terrible idea!

To be fair, it's not like they had much of a choice.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Okay so I've been out of thee loop like, all season, mostly adjusting to new work/home life situations, partially playing Witcher, mostly just haven't had thee time to catch the new long-form games, can anyone give me the major highlights? Who's going to worlds, how NA is a fairing, what the meta's like now, I know EU is currently a dumpster fire, but that's really the extent of my knowledge.

Monathin fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Aug 31, 2016

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Sexpansion posted:

The teams in green in the "Total" column are qualified for worlds, as are the teams right below them.

Only the ones right below them? I thought we usually had three teams. (I admit I'm mostly biased cause Immortals at Worlds sounds like stupid fun)

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Liquid v NV is up right now and it's a Cool rear end Game already

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Work Friend Keven posted:

(in ron burgendy voice) Well.. that escalated quickly

yea

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Schnorkles posted:

NV are legit garbage.

unfortunately TL are advanced, professional choke artists

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

on the bright side it seems like laneswap meta is finally dead, thank the gods

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I don't even know what we're fighting over here, is it just whether or not people get a chance at Worlds? Or does the loser of the first set have to be punished in some way.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I will say that midlane Karma is some Cool rear end poo poo and I'm glad for that pick

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

holy gently caress

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

that game was Pretty Cool and Good

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Dragongem posted:

go unicorns

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Work Friend Keven posted:

I hope when you die & your life flashes before your eyes quickshot casts it.

easy there keven no need to get hostile, we're all friends here

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Okay I've been out of watching pro scene forever, but UoL kind of super owned p/b here didn't they

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Wol posted:

Alright time to watch a team who doesn't understand pick ban versus a team who can't do anything other than ARAM down mid, SWEET

but which is which :confused:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

let's go imt

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

oh thank god it's a tricast, that means like 50% less Rivington Word Salad

Monathin