Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Meteos cut his hair!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Painful dive but C9 managed to at least get Huni back.

Gotta say, Meteos actually ganking lanes seems effective.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Seems like Impact is doing a LOT despite the fact that the casters don't pay as much attention to him.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

Every single fight seems to be immortals smashing and taking something and then over diving instead of playing around objectives.

That fight and the Baron were saved by Impact knowing where to toss his ultimate barrel.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Monathin posted:

I really don't like IMT's comp this time.

Good QTpie story though.

There's no way to really stop Jensen from playing pole dancer while Maokai and Meteos defend sneaky.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

So is Impact calling the shots here or Meteos?

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Monathin posted:

Pobelter on Varus I -really- don't understand. Lissandra was open and would have been a far better choice, imo.

And any curveballs you got, Liss can be flexed up top with ekko mid.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Well... that's a wall of HP and tankiness.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Libertine posted:

I don't think Trundle should beat Riven because Riven isn't a tank. But it totally depends on Huni Chaos Theory and how sharp the tilt on the axis is.

I just tuned in after being out for awhile, what happened in g1/g2 of this C9/IMT series?

It's cool to see competitive Zyra in this game. I haven't really thought much about her, but the main League thread is all about her lately.

The first was a close slugfest that ended with IMT getting a good teamfight for the win while C9 had drakes.

Second was C9 doing the dominating against a not great comp. with C9 getting only one drake and the Elder before managing to get the win.

The thing for this game, on my end, is that IMT only have 1 tank... if Impact subjugates him IMT is doooooooomed.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Huh... Today I learned that Ninja, in 2014, managed to win a series against SKT-S in LCK.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Envy is looking dominant... They're gonna be a fun team to watch.

Also, what's the item in slot two on Matt?

Calax fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jun 5, 2016

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

bonewitch posted:

I had to work through literally all the games this weekend, which were the best ones/funnest to watch

C9/IMT was the closest I've seen. Otherwise it seemed to be a series of games of outclassed opponents

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Asema posted:

It's a joke because Xpecial would always find a way to beat CLG no matter what team he was on

You're writing it wrong.

He's "A machine designed to destroy CLG" or something to that effect, courtesy of Kobe

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Phreak at least has good chemistry with Zirene.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Hypocrisy posted:

I feel like I've seen Shrimp play before but I can't remember if that's true.

He doesn't seem that great at jungle though.

He was the guy who took Moon's spot before Moon arrived last split.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Quas looks very different.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

From G2's press release, it sounds like Kikis was being a bit of a primadonna about staying on the main roster (probably trying to avoid Pobelter/Huhi situation). Because of this G2 decided to go with Expect rather than Kikis.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

mastermind2004 posted:

If C9 is Clown 9, what tier does that put CLG on?

Clown Late Game?

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

So EF needs to get itself a better coaching staff behind it. NRG needs to get itself ironed out a bit. C9 are back in season 3/4 form. and CLG are hoping the meta shifts soon.

Did I get that right?

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

Having a coachable team with good synergy is a great idea in theory but I guess if you don't stay on curve that having dudes like Huhi and Stixxay is exactly the kind of handicap you'd expect.

Stixx has proved himself. Huhi's been having trouble. Doesn't help that Zion hasn't been able to play his "split for eternity then win!" strat he favors.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

One decent performance at one tournament isn't proving yourself.

Nor is an entire split for you... or a second tournament.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

This is gonna come down to Sneaky v LiftLift isn't it?

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

C9 can't poke out TSM at all....

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Jerkface posted:

I dont understand what new shen does other than still having taunt & global ult shield tele.

Like i dunno, maybe having a ghost sword floating nearby is good... but for my money, I'll take the telekinesis blades anyday.

From what little I know is he's good against an auto based toplaner because he can block basic attacks, and if he positions his flying sword right he can %hp kick somebody's face in for a few strikes.

Really though I preferred old shen.

It didn't help that Meteos got recked hard by Sven.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

milkman dad posted:

Lol 88% win rate on nidalee let's see that go up to 90%. (I actually want c9 to win but don't think it's in the cards)

You say that, but it looks like C9 is trying to take control of this game pretty much out of the gate.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Crazy Larry posted:

I wouldn't say they're in control but having a top lane champ that actually does something is a big improvement over last game.

Sneaky is managing to clobber DL pretty well too.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Sneaky with the LITERAL snipe.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Moatman posted:

Jesus christ how far was that Jhin W

In the replay it looked just south of the dragon pit.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

They just need some more play by play guys. Seems like Phreak and Riv do a lot of the heavy lifting in that department and while the color guys are trying to come up with something to say, they feel they have to make sure there's not dead air.

It's that attempt to make sure there's no dead air that gets people annoyed because it seems like they're sharks... with ADD (sorry, old city of heroes joke). If you can keep other people talking then Riv and Phreak don't start pulling BS out of their asses.

I think that's why Kobe and Zirene work so well. They know enough and can talk enough to keep Riv and Phreak from just going into the unintelligable garble.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Safety Scissors posted:

I've seen Shen being picked every now and then, and I don't understand why it's happening. It's not like he never won, but it doesn't seem like his win rate is high. Also, there's nothing special about the champion. He's not bad, but very mediocre and bland.

I think it's basically coming down to the fact that he can easily run low economy rather than requiring a lot of focus to become a thorn in his opponents side. It helps that he can stop auto strikes for a period of time with his clunky annoying sword thing.

I get the feeling LCS2 is gonna be more fun on this day of days than LCS1.

C9/APX
NV/CLG for 2

NRG/TSM
P1/IMT for 1

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Did not realize Rumble was back in the meta.... QUICK! SUB IN BALLS!

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

C9 are in complete control of Apex.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

exethan posted:

i think at least half of meteos deaths this split have been because of his counterjungling in bad scenarios

That was just him being stupidly cocky

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Xspecial is going into clown mode.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

There's only 200 gold between C9 and APX

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Moatman posted:

This is gonna be an hour long game, isn't it

We're already there my man.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

I hope Impact gets to play something other than Shen.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

C9's reaction to the steal.. Even sneaky wasn't expecting to get that.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Well... at least c9 has enough theoretical peel to save Sneaky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Bunny is pretty impressive on Bard. I won't say he's strictly "Bad".

• Locked thread