Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
pizza
pap john
pizza hut
domino
View Results

• Locked thread
let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Business Gorillas posted:

he has a 18 hole golf course for a back yard and he started screaming about how he'd have to fire people since it would cost him $4 million to give all of his employees healthcare while he was running a superbowl special that gave away like $5 million away in free pizza

that golf course in his back yard is p lovely and all the members of it have left for a few other clubs around here

he does live in a great part of Louisville but the golf course was poo poo before he bought this house and poo poo after
source: I live in a different golf course 15 minutes from he house

e: idk about the single golf course per his house, not entirely buying this

let it mellow fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Jun 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

oh gently caress i just got the joke about social vegan

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

like social smoker or social drinker lmao

Hal_2005
Feb 23, 2007

Business Gorillas posted:

he has a 18 hole golf course for a back yard and he started screaming about how he'd have to fire people since it would cost him $4 million to give all of his employees healthcare while he was running a superbowl special that gave away like $5 million away in free pizza

I too buy my pizza based on my social trigger warnings. This post for example, where Co-Pays are mistaken for a marketing expense which was mistaken for a corporate policy just triggered me to order a Papa John's double meat. Thanks SA.com

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
if you come to my restaurant i can get you a 50% discount on pizza. you can get things like goat cheese, arugula and like 10 different kinds of mushrooms on it. with my 50% discount an xl will only run you like $26!

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

I know the devil is real.

the great deceiver posted:

if you come to my restaurant i can get you a 50% discount on pizza. you can get things like goat cheese, arugula and like 10 different kinds of mushrooms on it. with my 50% discount an xl will only run you like $26!

goats are gross

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Just get a Domino's sausage crust thing with quadruple chees, quadruple anchovies, and quadruple pineapple.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Nick Rivers posted:

i like pizza.

A bold opinion round these parts sir.

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

GRILLARY CLINTON posted:

look's ZESTY, but it need's something...

OH YEAH, that's the stuff. but something's still missing.

WOW

Now let's see you eat it like you promised dipshit

Went hog wild btw

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Hal_2005 posted:

I too buy my pizza based on my social trigger warnings. This post for example, where Co-Pays are mistaken for a marketing expense which was mistaken for a corporate policy just triggered me to order a Papa John's double meat. Thanks SA.com

It's so sad to someone think that they have owned someone else when it just isn't the case.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
1/2 of that pizza is crust. It's like a pizza in a bread bowl. gently caress that.

Also, his politics aside, there's one thing about Papa John's that's skeezy af: Their tagline is "better ingredients, better pizza."

But they will not under any circumstances tell you what the ingredients actually are. Not only what makes them better, but just what's in them.
A reporter started researching this, called Papa John's stores and eventually corporate HQ to find someone to explain why and or how their ingredients are "better." Vine-ripened tomatoes in the sauce? Fresher herbs? Higher-quality meats and/or cheeses? Something in the dough?

The company absolutely refused to provide a single example not only of what made their ingredients "better," but wtf their ingredients consist of. There's no evidence in the quality of the product that it's any better than what Domino's offers now.

And John's position wasn't that he was going to fire people over healthcare, it was that it would raise the price of his pizzas. When asked how much it would cost to the customers to pass along health care costs to his customers the answers was about $0.25 per pizza.
I will happily pay more than that if it means the people who make my food can have health insurance and not be sick while preparing my poo poo pizza.

Anyway, there are no convenient pizzerias near my place so I also get stuck with Domino's, Papa John's, Hungry Howie's, or Pizza Hut. So I only order carryout when it's 50% off or some other deal so I can eat my shameful pizza without spending $20+ to have some driver get lost in my apartment complex.

Great thread OP, well done. Sorry your pizza was disappointing. You knew it would be so, and for that, we speak your name.

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

hey guys, i got a real rear end PROBLEM goin on over here. i'm talking a real full band parade down the streets of browntown, with the mayor and everything. if we were in a hershey factory, i'd be getting paid overtime right now! what i'm saying is, boy did that pizza do a number on my rear end.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

GRILLARY CLINTON posted:

hey guys, i got a real rear end PROBLEM goin on over here. i'm talking a real full band parade down the streets of browntown, with the mayor and everything. if we were in a hershey factory, i'd be getting paid overtime right now! what i'm saying is, boy did that pizza do a number on my rear end.

go down to papa johns and collect your 5 cent recycling fee

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

It doesn't get much worse than ham and pineapple. Add some sardines maybe

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Do pizza places even offer anchovies anymore? Once a year some person might order a gross joke pizza that they don't plan on eating, and there is no way it's worth the shelf space to keep a jar of stank fish on-hand for that occasion.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

i have a regular who always orders a gluten free pizza with anchovies. we keep a tin of anchovies basically just for him

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Speleothing posted:

Do pizza places even offer anchovies anymore? Once a year some person might order a gross joke pizza that they don't plan on eating, and there is no way it's worth the shelf space to keep a jar of stank fish on-hand for that occasion.

As far as I know Pizza Hut does, I got an anchovy pizza from there a couple years ago and it was on par with all of their other pizzas. (so not good, but not the anchovies' fault)

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Anchovies don't really go bad. Also you can't make marinara or Caesar dressing without them so only shameful pizza places would ever be without them

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

The Goatfather posted:

Anchovies don't really go bad. Also you can't make marinara or Caesar dressing without them so only shameful pizza places would ever be without them

no one in america puts anchovies in marinara.

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

caesar dressing doesn't even originally have anchovies in it directly, just worcestershire sauce

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Germstore posted:

no one in america puts anchovies in marinara.

without anchovies its just tomato sauce idiot

it cant be marinara without anchovies

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

ANybody eatin' any za tonight they can take pictures of? :ohdear:

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
No Za, but 1kIslanDressing sauce pizza is an act of atrocity on human existence.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

BaconCopter posted:

No Za, but 1kIslanDressing sauce pizza is an act of atrocity on human existence.
Islam dressing??

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

i just got back from work. we added a new pizza to our menu. it has sweet thai chile sauce with like goat cheese, bacon, chicken and mango. i refused to taste it. loving kill me now

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Hell Yeah posted:

it's a hot garbage disk

I miss your old av Mr. HY

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
share some of that delicious pizz with us over here dude.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i just got back from work. we added a new pizza to our menu. it has sweet thai chile sauce with like goat cheese, bacon, chicken and mango. i refused to taste it. loving kill me now
did they just throw whatever poo poo they had left at the end of the day on dough and called it a pizza?

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Pizza is good OP and not disgusting at all OP.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

symbolic posted:

did they just throw whatever poo poo they had left at the end of the day on dough and called it a pizza?

i dont know they must have got a sweet deal on mangos, goat cheese and sweet chili sauce from our supplier cuz we're testing like 3 different dishes using that bullshit. the chef-owner of my place is a loving lunatic

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

i need to start looking for another job at a place that respects its customers enough not to put mango on pizza

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

i unironically like pizza hut. its v greasy and delicious

ScratchAndSniff
Sep 28, 2008

This game stinks
Y'all ever had of o them desert pizzas? poo poo's crazy. Welcome to the future.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

i need to start looking for another job at a place that respects its customers enough not to put mango on pizza

I wish I lived within 1000 miles of you because I would totally get pizza from wherever you work :allears:

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

He will build a castle with garden on an island called Cheshire, and he is permitted to breed.

ScratchAndSniff posted:

Y'all ever had of o them desert pizzas? poo poo's crazy. Welcome to the future.

???

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
Lol if you live somewhere that doesn't have 1000 local pizza places. Actually there are too many pizza places around me I want something else.

There should be takeout French food imo. Ot like, French pizza, and it'll be on crepes with like snails and fromage de chevre and poo poo

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i'm eating a mangosteen, sweet chili, goat cheese, anchovy, olive, pineapple, and coffee pizza right now, in real life, really

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

The Goatfather posted:

without anchovies its just tomato sauce idiot

it cant be marinara without anchovies

Holy poo poo, are the anchovies the "mar" part of marinara? This, to me, is a huge revelation

E: google says yes basically. The more you know :confuoot:

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
In America anchovies aren't used. *insert descriptivist rant here*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

jackyl posted:

that golf course in his back yard is p lovely and all the members of it have left for a few other clubs around here

he does live in a great part of Louisville but the golf course was poo poo before he bought this house and poo poo after
source: I live in a different golf course 15 minutes from he house

e: idk about the single golf course per his house, not entirely buying this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjhzXDDXt74

• Locked thread