Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24n77GgRtrw

:911:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
gently caress basements

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
In short, a guy who was negotiating a land purchase from Killdozer got fed up and had his cronies on the town council rezone the land in a way that landlocked Killdozers property to force him to sell.

After the town landlocked him, they started fining him for being landlocked, while refusing to grant him the permit to unfuck the property. He bought the bulldozer to do this, but when te town made it clear that they wouldn't let him, he sold the property and built the Killdozer.

e: :killdozer:

I Greyhound fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jun 5, 2016

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

the killdozer is good and cool

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it seems he was extremely cool

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Here's another good article about the Killdozer:

https://www.damninteresting.com/?s=Killdozer

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
lmao when they try to box him in and he just shoves the dude out of the way like nothing.

Companion Cube
Oct 11, 2007

We do what we must because WAAAAAAAAAGH!

maniacripper posted:

What was this guys ultimate beef anyway? Anyone who puts this much effort into something has to have a legitimate reason at least in their own mind, and loving hell, I'll at least hear them out.

As I remember it, a nepotistic and corrupt small town city council had him trapped in a legal Catch-22 because one or more of them didn't like him personally and they had some sketchy conflict of interest with a neighboring business that wanted his land. He had a machine shop, then a guy the council liked built a gravel pit or something similar next door to him and blocked access to his shop. Marvin started getting fined for not having road access to his shop or something like that, but at the same time the council wouldn't give him permission to get road access. Bound by this legal paradox, he did the only thing he could... he became KILLDOZER :killdozer:

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

quote:

With the vehicles crushed, police had no way to pursue Pion after he drove off in the tractor.
The perfect plan.

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

I Greyhound posted:

In short, a guy who was negotiating a land purchase from Killdozer got fed up and had his cronies on the town council rezone the land in a way that landlocked Killdozers property to force him to sell.

After the town landlocked him, they started fining him for being landlocked, while refusing to grant him the permit to unfuck the property. He bought the bulldozer to do this, but when te town made it clear that they wouldn't let him, he sold the property and built the Killdozer.

e: :killdozer:

That he didn't kill any of these loving scumbags seems a shame

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

yea hes cool as hell and def not some crazy hillbilly

"God built me for this job", Heemeyer said in the first recording. He also said it was God's plan that he not be married or have a family so that he could be in a position to carry out such an attack. "I think God will bless me to get the machine done, to drive it, to do the stuff that I have to do", he said. "God blessed me in advance for the task that I am about to undertake. It is my duty. God has asked me to do this. It's a cross that I am going to carry and I'm carrying it in God's name."

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

def not some idiot bitch who undervalued his land and regretted it

In 1992, Heemeyer bought 2 acres (0.81 hectares) of land from the Resolution Trust Corporation, the federal agency organized to handle the assets of failed savings and loan institutions. He bought the land for $42,000 to build a muffler shop and subsequently agreed to sell the land toMountain Park Concrete to build a concrete batch plant. The agreed price was $250,000 but, according to Susan Docheff, Heemeyer changed his mind and increased the price to $375,000 and later demanded a deal worth approximately $1 million. 

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

RIP Killdozer. A great hero died that day (except for the part we always gloss over about him having rifles inside and shooting at the propane station in an attempted mass murder on top of destruction)

That's not how that works, idiot.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

agreed he was a loving idiot who didn't understand propane

should have watched more king of the hill

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

Loaded up and trucking.We gonna do what they say cant be done.
I can't wait for Killdozer II

Wee Stubby Nublet
Nov 20, 2015

by Lowtax

InterceptorV8 posted:

I can't wait for Killdozer II
________/

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Bill Barber posted:

The perfect plan.

lmao

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
For the curious. Killdozer man owned an auto shop. A nearby buisness, (a cement factory I think) wanted to buy the land so they could expand, but didn't want to pay the price dozer-man was asking. So they got their friends in city hall to rezone the land so that it was no longer legal to have an auto shop their, and they bought up surrounding property so that dozer-man no longer had a road going to his shop. The city council refused to grant an easement so that he could build a road to his shop, (legally you have to allow easements, you can't have a case where sombodies property can't get access to a road because it's surrounded by somebody elses property) and then they fined him $2500 for having junk cars on his property. They rezoned an auto shop so that it was no longer an auto shop, then fined him for having cars on the property.

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

RIP Killdozer. A great hero died that day (except for the part we always gloss over about him having rifles inside and shooting at the propane station in an attempted mass murder on top of destruction)

Let's just gloss over the fact that isn't how propane works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57nmiaplP1Q

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
When I retire to a ranch in Montana, I'm going to fill a propane tank with a stociometric ratio of pure oxygen and propane, then shoot it with a .380 or .270 and film it and put it on youtube. It's going to be awesome and incredibly explosive.

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

Powercrazy posted:

When I retire to a ranch in Montana, I'm going to fill a propane tank with a stociometric ratio of pure oxygen and propane, then shoot it with a .380 or .270 and film it and put it on youtube. It's going to be awesome and incredibly explosive.

Just do it like we used to do, get a good cutting flame, snuff the torch and fill a big ole balloon full of the gases and rattle the walls of the metalshop with the boom.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
It's rare and good when a man is able to reach his final form before dying.

e:also, wtf Derek Smart?! A month for making a joke? Mr.Tophat is going to build a postdozer in that month and wreck u.

Ork of Fiction fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jun 5, 2016

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

I thought the propane tank was part of the (unoccupied) concrete factory and he was just hoping to make it go kaboom to help destroy the factory.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Doc Block posted:

I thought the propane tank was part of the (unoccupied) concrete factory and he was just hoping to make it go kaboom to help destroy the factory.

It was. No idea if he actually thought it would explode or whatever, but he obviously didn't intend to kill anyone (otherwise he would have just shot them directly).

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
also the police claim he comitted suicide but to me its pretty clear he was murdered by the police

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
Reading on how he modified the killdozer shows he put a lot of thought into his masterpiece. Wasn't there someone who stole a tank who did about the same thing?

Found it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnUoUKEIGoo&sns=em

Tony Homo fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Jun 5, 2016

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

WorldsStrongestNerd posted:

For the curious. Killdozer man owned an auto shop. A nearby buisness, (a cement factory I think) wanted to buy the land so they could expand, but didn't want to pay the price dozer-man was asking. So they got their friends in city hall to rezone the land so that it was no longer legal to have an auto shop their, and they bought up surrounding property so that dozer-man no longer had a road going to his shop. The city council refused to grant an easement so that he could build a road to his shop, (legally you have to allow easements, you can't have a case where sombodies property can't get access to a road because it's surrounded by somebody elses property) and then they fined him $2500 for having junk cars on his property. They rezoned an auto shop so that it was no longer an auto shop, then fined him for having cars on the property.

I think the injustice of this would make literally anyone go insane. You've spent your entire life making a living and setting your business up and then someone comes along and erases all your work with a flick of a pen because they don't like you.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
:killdozer:

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON
Yeah, this guy rules then. He's a real life Rambo.

LadyAmbien
Oct 22, 2015
RIP Kill Dozer.

FuckenPunchOn
Nov 9, 2013
at least he died before david bowie died so he didn't have to be sad about david bowie

rip starmen

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

:ocelot::killdozer:

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
I think the best part of the video (aside from the Eagle draped in an American flag :911::patriot:) is the subtitling of someone saying "Well, stop him" and the reply "I can't, he's got a 'dozer!"

:cop::killdozer:

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

i didn`t forget

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Csv0QCAsMYM

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

heard chumbawumba, closed video

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Panty Saluter posted:

heard chumbawumba, closed video

Is there a name for doing this? because there should be

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

drat he even got a nice modern library built for the citizens, what a class act.

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Ops video was a good video

I liked how he chases the front loader down

The kill dozer guy

I have no idea about ops views on front loaders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Mange Mite posted:

Is there a name for doing this? because there should be

yeah, it's called "I Was Alive In 1997 Therefore I Have Already Heard This Abomination Way More Than Any Human Should Please Ban It Forever TIA"

• Locked thread