Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Applewhite posted:

Can I walk out of the cockpit of my space freighter, down the hall and into the space bathroom and take a poo poo there and the poop really comes out and I can look at the poop in the toilet and not flush it and do another poop on top of it and so on and keep not flushing until the ship is filled with turds and the turds have realistic ragdoll physics?

ABSOLUTELY, YES. *sticks face into a giant bag of cocaine, snuffling sounds*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
IN FACT WE HAVE JUST BEEN IN THE MOTION CAPTURE STUDIO FOR THE PAST THREE MONTHS AND WE HAVE RECORDED ABOUT A THOUSAND ANIMATIONS FOR making GBS threads AND PISSING INCLUDING EXCLUSIVE FEMALE VERSIONS SQUATTING ON TOP OF THE TOILET

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
*Andy Serkis in a black bodystocking covered in ping pong balls squats over toilet*

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Flesh Forge posted:

ABSOLUTELY, YES. *sticks face into a giant bag of cocaine, snuffling sounds*

This is how they actually "terminate" bad employees.

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

Shart Shitizen

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

:eyepop:

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

big black turnout posted:

What happened to your av??? :ohdear:

i pissed off a saucy boy and he correctly rumbled my anime nazi political leanings

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

i pissed off a saucy boy and he correctly rumbled my anime nazi political leanings

uh oh. If you can be found out then none of us are safe.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

How many other games can claim that they caused an old school internet warlord to threaten to call a kid in a wheelchair's dad over a twitter war? Buy some ships.

Deathreaper
Mar 27, 2010
Did some stats on goon Star Citizen spending a while back... Here they are... I predict a minimum of 70 suicides if or when this is ever released.
SA Goonrathi and spending on Star Citizen

n=792, all figures in $USD
Min: $25.00
First quartile: $55.00
Median: $165.00
Average: $401.54
Third quartile: $385.00
Max: $11,180.00 (yes, someone spent 11K on this)
Total Spent: $318,020.00

Source: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...ader=true&gid=0
*Removed the few guys that spent $0 who are on the list*

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

whats up with his shirt

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
in space bathroom you don't need tp within reach, nice

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

in space bathroom you don't need tp within reach, nice

we have evolved past primitive concepts of personal hygeine

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

The future is going to have seashells.

sk3l3tor
Aug 15, 2014
I'm going to chop my dick off and eat it raw if this game doesn't come out soon

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
crobble crobble

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Tuxedo Gin posted:

i think that maybe this game isn't coming out

UH, EXCUSE ME, I'LL HAVE YOU KNOW THAT THE GAME IS IN FACT OUT AND YOU CAN EVEN PLAY IT :smug:

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

nigga crab pollock posted:

UH, EXCUSE ME, I'LL HAVE YOU KNOW THAT THE GAME IS IN FACT OUT AND YOU CAN EVEN PLAY IT :smug:

welcome to star citizen

welcome

to star citizen

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

Maldoror posted:

welcome to star citizen

welcome

to star citizen

My God, it's the zombocom of videogames.

Wait, that might be offensive towards zombocom.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
if Donald Trump donates 1million to the devs will they FINALLY launch this game?

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

MariusLecter posted:

if Donald Trump donates 1million to the devs will they FINALLY launch this game?

its already in playable alpha, you can in fact launch the game and play it RIGHT NOW. what makes you think it isn't launched? :smug:

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

spacetoaster posted:

lol. And LTI is going away. And star marine is coming out in a few weeks. etc. etc.

The whales REALLY want to rape their anime girls.

Wait, Pillars of Eternity? Pillars of Eternity self-censored to be PC? There was a guy who went insane because he was a rapist raider in one life and then his own born-of-rape-and-taught-to-kill-his-mother's-rapists son in the next life.

Like, what did this guy want from it? More of it? Tone down the "... and it was a very bad thing" message? An interactive flashback to that guy's whole deal? A rape event, complete with artwork, where your skills, stats, and reputation unlock new options?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Wait, Pillars of Eternity? Pillars of Eternity self-censored to be PC? There was a guy who went insane because he was a rapist raider in one life and then his own born-of-rape-and-taught-to-kill-his-mother's-rapists son in the next life.

Like, what did this guy want from it? More of it? Tone down the "... and it was a very bad thing" message? An interactive flashback to that guy's whole deal? A rape event, complete with artwork, where your skills, stats, and reputation unlock new options?

That companion whose every other word was whore was way too subtle.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

most video game players have the story comprehension ability of a third, maybe fourth grader

try talking to people about bioshock and see how many of them say something like 'rapture failed because fontaine introduced capitalism'

you dont have to go read between the lines the game literally tells you the fuckin broken down hellscape the game takes place in failed due to ryan's arrogance but people legit think the games vague theme is the exact opposite of what it is b/c they watched the opening 'sweat off my brow' speech and liked it

thats besides the fact that andrew ryan is an anagram of ayn rand and the one major choice you have in the game is to murder children for personal gain, a thing that under ayn rand's philosophy would be a moral imperative to do so

nigga crab pollock fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jun 24, 2016

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Deathreaper posted:

Did some stats on goon Star Citizen spending a while back... Here they are... I predict a minimum of 70 suicides if or when this is ever released.
SA Goonrathi and spending on Star Citizen

n=792, all figures in $USD
Min: $25.00
First quartile: $55.00
Median: $165.00
Average: $401.54
Third quartile: $385.00
Max: $11,180.00 (yes, someone spent 11K on this)
Total Spent: $318,020.00

Source: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...ader=true&gid=0
*Removed the few guys that spent $0 who are on the list*

Nice truncated link

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

hahahahah at this and everyone in that thread

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I can't wait for 2014!

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Procedurally generated birds

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
how much money have they made by now?
I bet Fallout 4 cost less

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

how much money have they made by now?
I bet Fallout 4 cost less

Star Citizen is the 6th most expensive video game to develop ever in adjusted 2016 bucks, even higher if you factor out marketing budgets which CIG claims they don't have even though the only thing they actually do is marketing.

Fallout 4 isn't even in the top 43

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_expensive_video_games_to_develop

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Wafflz posted:

Star Citizen is the 6th most expensive video game to develop ever in adjusted 2016 bucks, even higher if you factor out marketing budgets which CIG claims they don't have even though the only thing they actually do is marketing.

Fallout 4 isn't even in the top 43

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_expensive_video_games_to_develop

they are trying to be no 1 at somethimg

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
to be fair fallout 4 was a pile of poo poo

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

they are trying to be no 1 at somethimg

I would say #1 at scamming nerds but then bitcoin exists. Sort of.

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
how did atari ET cost 22M in 1982 moneys
:smith:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

What opsec can you do on vaporware

Is someone going to get classified reports on towels