Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Hobojim posted:

Am I the rear end in a top hat here? I’m still pretty new, but if I were survivor I would expect that.

No, the community is incredibly toxic and drat near anyone who talks in post-game chat is a huge rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Post-game chat is that "Suggestions? - Complaints?" box nobody ever uses except to rage impotently.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
Make sure you rate every match

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
vote 1 move on

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Always make sure to say 'gg ez' after you are accused of camping.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
What is the purpose of the match ratings?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Fleetwood posted:

What is the purpose of the match ratings?

In some games it's literally just there so mad people will click that instead of sending spurious reports, so I assume the same.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Yardbomb posted:

In some games it's literally just there so mad people will click that instead of sending spurious reports, so I assume the same.

I don't know how they could possibly pull anything meaningful it of it. What does 5 mean? It's obviously to get less reports

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Jeff Kaplan posted:

We had high hopes for this feature but after a year of the game being live and an extended period in beta, all we learned from the feature was:
  • New players used the Rate This Match feature more than existing players
  • Players enjoy winning
  • Players do not enjoy losing

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Wow they needed over a year of data to figure that out?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
they never actually expected to learn anything, the entire feature is placebo

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
Overall I really like the game itself, but drat, I play on console and there are players who get so upset that they will send a dozen PMs after a match. One player sent me a string of at least forty messages a couple months back and I wasn't even sure what he was mad about.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is your skill tree basically one time power ups from lootboxes or am I misunderstanding this.

Fayk
Aug 2, 2006

Sorry, my brain doesn't work so good...

Turtlicious posted:

Is your skill tree basically one time power ups from lootboxes or am I misunderstanding this.

Skill tree is not one time use. (Though a few of them only do something once/match).

Item+Add-ons are consumable, but survivors keep them if they are carried to the exit at the end of a match. (ie, you lose them if you die, if you drop them before escaping, or consume their charges entirely).

Killers always consume/lose their add-ons.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

New DLC, it's Jigsaw/Amanda from SAW and they even have a fun sounding ability... I give em like a few days before the survivor streamers cry them into the dumpster.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Yardbomb posted:

New DLC, it's Jigsaw/Amanda from SAW and they even have a fun sounding ability... I give em like a few days before the survivor streamers cry them into the dumpster.

Probably more like a day...

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Yep, so there's 100% no way Amanda/'The Pig' doesn't eat a swathe of nerfs and end up being Freddy 2: Electric Boogaloo. They can crouch down and go into a sorta sneaky mode, which lets them do a huge lunge sneak attack, but also very importantly it makes their terror radius zero, so you can super easily gently caress the borrowed time idiots for playing stupid. Their actual power is having 4 of the head bear traps from the movies, when you put it on someone (Who has to be downed) the next time a gen pops, a timer starts ticking on them and if they don't find the key to get out within I think it's two minutes, their head snaps and they die, also when 'The Pig' is the killer there'll be 4 weird little Jigsaw machines around the map, which are what you gotta search for a key, but only one of them will have YOUR key. Oh yeah and if you try and exit through a gate with a trap still on your head, it pops and you die, hatch doesn't count though.

If this was another group of devs I'd say this all sounds really funny and cool, but knowing them, next patch will make the crouch have a map-wide terror radius and every Jigsaw box will have a key and they'll only take 3 seconds to search.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
Oh a new dlc while I wasn't paying attention, there's no way the perks are as bad as Quentin's right?

Oh.

:negative:

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

Yardbomb posted:

Yep, so there's 100% no way Amanda/'The Pig' doesn't eat a swathe of nerfs and end up being Freddy 2: Electric Boogaloo. They can crouch down and go into a sorta sneaky mode, which lets them do a huge lunge sneak attack, but also very importantly it makes their terror radius zero, so you can super easily gently caress the borrowed time idiots for playing stupid. Their actual power is having 4 of the head bear traps from the movies, when you put it on someone (Who has to be downed) the next time a gen pops, a timer starts ticking on them and if they don't find the key to get out within I think it's two minutes, their head snaps and they die, also when 'The Pig' is the killer there'll be 4 weird little Jigsaw machines around the map, which are what you gotta search for a key, but only one of them will have YOUR key. Oh yeah and if you try and exit through a gate with a trap still on your head, it pops and you die, hatch doesn't count though.

If this was another group of devs I'd say this all sounds really funny and cool, but knowing them, next patch will make the crouch have a map-wide terror radius and every Jigsaw box will have a key and they'll only take 3 seconds to search.

She came Freddy tier at launch by almost all accounts. The traps only start their timer when a Gen is popped. The timer stops if they're slugged, hooked or in a chase and they can see the boxes that have the keys from everywhere. Pretty much all reports note that you can literally hit every box and have half a minute to spare. Survivors can still bail via the hatch with it on too. That said, I'd put money down that slugging a survivor and carrying them to a normal exit to insta-gib them with the trap goes away pretty quick.

The forums are still hilarious to wade through though.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Oh yeah and the Nurse now gets less aim assist after long ports and she's now stunned even if she lands a hit, so port, harder swing and hit, blood wipe, HUNH stun.

People reported it, but apparently it's another thing that looks very blatantly like a bug but is intentional. :thumbsup:

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Apparently they also stealth nerfed the Huntress too as she's now stuck in place once you cancel the axe throw for two seconds. :allears:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Coolguye posted:

this game is

wait for it

wait for it......!!!!!

bad

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

This game just has the biggest gulf between neat concepts and implementing them terribly to placate an awful fanbase.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

The community is a toxic waste dump, the developers are idiot trolls.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Sadly my overwatch team want to play this as a fallback when somebody can't make scrims.

Also sadly, I own it and can't return it so I sadly have no real reason to say no aside from "i think the devs are loving idiots".

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

dogstile posted:

Sadly my overwatch team want to play this as a fallback when somebody can't make scrims.

Also sadly, I own it and can't return it so I sadly have no real reason to say no aside from "i think the devs are loving idiots".

i mean if you actually do kill your friends on comms that's probably incredibly fun since there shouldnt be any toxicity and there's no progression getting in the way

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

dogstile posted:

"Aw man sorry I forgot to install that when you guys mentioned it."

Or be the guy that doesn't show up to scrimms.

Or just play with your buddies doofus.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

John Dyne posted:

"Aw man sorry I forgot to install that when you guys mentioned it."

Or be the guy that doesn't show up to scrimms.

Or just play with your buddies doofus.

I'm the cap, I have to show up.

Anyway we played and it was pretty fun, just enjoying this game feels wrong, somehow. Maybe it's because people were actually scared of my chainsaw bullshit

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

yeah a private with friends can be pretty great fun in this game, particularly if everyone is on voice. i don't find that to be inconsistent with the game being bad at all because you can say the same thing about repainting your living room.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
They just updated the game with a new event for Chinese New Year. You can get some cosmetics, kinda neat.

Oh yeah and they completely hosed the game so hard that most of the front page of DbD's reddit is nothing but rageposting about the gently caress ups. Various sound issues, balance changes making the game even harder for the killers that were already having a rough time, etc.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I like that you don't even bother saying what the changes are because who cares.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
Q times are fast right now though.

The sound bug where you get full blown chase music whenever you have more than slight heartbeat is extremely disorienting, though.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
You can get flashlight blinded from the sides. Docs get super hosed by pallets. Also apparently scratch marks are just instantly disappearing if survivors stop sprinting. Also they're just getting coated on everything so even if they didn't disappear good luck I guess? Killers pretty much have to run bloodhound because the scratches are worthless.

All in all, a real cool patch and I guess the fastest way to shut down my interest in picking the game up again. edit: I really can't even begin to fathom how they hosed up something so crucial to playing a Killer. I get that they really favor the survivor community but some one had to play Killer for their playtesting, how did they not pick up on any of that poo poo.

TGLT fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Feb 17, 2018

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

TGLT posted:

I really can't even begin to fathom how they hosed up something so crucial

:ironicat:

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Is that too long for a thread title

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

As long as there's even one killer still remaining to be their stream buddies punching bag, Behaviour will never stop kowtowing to their special babies.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

They buffed Borrowed Time.

I think that's all that really needs to be said.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

PlasticAutomaton posted:

They're also nerfing bloodlust now confirmed because of the "pallet reduction" stuff from last patch, which after people have done a ton of tracking and observation on, while nice that they did spread them out more than before to cut down on the ridiculous jungle gyms, it also only amounted to about 1 less being around on most maps, so big friggin woop there. Behaviour are goddamn morons and should have this abused game taken away from them.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Oh you should really post how. From the wiki.

A REAL GOOD IDEA, NO SERIOUSLY posted:

Borrowed Time now only activates for the unhooked Survivor.
Borrowed Time is no longer a single-use Perk.

So in exchange for a minor nerf, since the hook diver can and should just heal up before they do it, they decided it was good balance for it to be a permanent free pass to hook dive. They either do not test this poo poo, ignore their killer tester's advice, or their killer tester is so bad none of this ever seemed like a problem to them.

Also apparently the new Saw map is super bad with hook placement because it doesn't consider the map's verticality at all.

TGLT fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Feb 17, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

I don't like this game or this thread so I'm closing it.

• Locked thread