Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

I personally wonder as to why wriggling off hooks is a percentage chance and not just a really hard skill-check that gets progressively harder every time you mess it up or get put on a hook, until eventually it is impossible. Admittedly I can certainly see why the second could be extremely frustrating for the killer if not done right but it seems that having no real choice beyond hoping for an ally when up on the hook is a bit awful for the survivors.

In other thoughts I wonder if they'll add a Rifle/shotgun Killer at some point, it'd certainly fill a niche none of the others have and I imagine wouldn't be too hard to balance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

It's also thematically appropriate that escaping from a Killer on your tail is hard. You're a character in a horror movie, if it's too easy for you to escape it's not a good horror movie.

You escape by out-thinking the Killer, because you are never going to be physically more capable than them. The is entirely the point.

It's also a 4v1 game, so for every game the Killer decides he hates you you'll probably get three where he hates someone else. It's also a bit of a gameplay concession to make Killer attractive that they have an easier time chasing than survivors have escaping, because the other way around would suck for the 1 person.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Honestly speaking the teachable perks seem like such a bad idea to me, it means that there's no real decision made behind who you play as if you've played long enough because everyone should always have the best perks equipped.

• Locked thread