Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Hell yes Sailor Moon owns I am along for this ride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
As a rather young whelp it still blows my mind how quick the emulation scene started getting results up until the PS2 era.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Also the "EY IM WALKIN ERE" accent is the one most VAs learn first because of how pronounced and 'easy' it is to learn.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Robindaybird posted:

I always thought the so-called DBZ vs Sailor Moon rivalry was weird as gently caress? They're not even the same type of shows (if anything Samurai Troopers/Ronin Warriors would be a closer contrast to Sailor Moon)

This rivalry doesn't exist if you're beyond the age of twelve and no longer care if "boy stuff" is better than "girl stuff".

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

EclecticTastes posted:

I only recently learned that the American opening theme is the actual melody for one of the Japanese intros. Too bad DBZ got stuck with the generic buttrock (still better than most Toonami series, they didn't get their OPs played at all).

Dragon Ball Z got a different opener in Canada, and it is much worse
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEl9skiNc88

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVrVTinOsBw
We also got our own opening for the original Dragon Ball, which is equally amazing.

~friends working together~

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

MonsterEnvy posted:

Odd I am canadian and I remember this being the opening for when I watched it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BT1Dp69D7q0

There's like 4 or 5 dubs for both Dragon Balls (I think GT only has the one though) so it's dependant on what year and what channel you watched.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Aces High posted:

say what you will about the Ocean dub for DBZ but it was loving hilarious...just not for the reasons they intended. Also I laugh at all the people flipping their poo poo over the censoring considering this was done in the era where Spider-Man couldn't beat anyone up and could only web them up

Spider-Man also couldn't have real guns so they had these weird purple laser cannons. There is something rather feelbad about deliberately removing/obfuscating things from a show as opposed to intentionally working around them, though.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
So like; is Chibi-usa an eternal child or smth? Because if not it seems like all of these names that are basically "smol Usagi" have quite the expiration date on them.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I was really hoping the answer was just stupid instead of creepy but alas...

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
It's still pretty clunky to have Tuxedo and Sailor say the exact same thing if it's that long, considering I'm pretty sure they'd trip over themselves if that's the case. A simple "what!?" would've been better.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
The last exchange is clunky as all gently caress too but I understand you were polishing a turd. Characters wistfully stating the name of another character is one of my biggest Anime Peeves.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

CheeseThief posted:

That's the worst name I ever heard.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Hey c'mon now Cutie Honey had been out for like two decades at that point, that's no excuse.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

kefkafloyd posted:

Would unironically be a giant fan of this.

They did, and they look much nicer. Jupiter has a Rosie the Riveter pose which makes a bunch of sense in retrospect.

That wrist though...:stare:

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
She was heterochromatic too remember so she's ~special~

Has there ever been a good pen and paper magical girl game? I'm assuming it's too niche a genre to get anything but gross, quick cash-ins.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
By "Madoka-style grim" do you mean "PCs regularly die" because that's a big no thank you.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Well I'm gonna run a Big Eyes, Small Mouth campaign...

In a mecha setting :negative:

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
ww9578aa7

Add the naga.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Aces High posted:

I do find all of this weird because when I got older and started watching the series again I kept hearing people talk poo poo about this dub, saying it was aired out of order and I was like "what? are you telling me the first episode of the series isn't her dropping a baton and poo poo? that was the first episode I saw when it first aired". But apparently only in the US did they have that 39 episodes poo poo, in Canada we got the whole series from the start

Canada got a lot of its own dubs, though coincidentally enough we still only got DIC Sailor Moon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
All three versions of Dragonball got several.

• Locked thread