Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
This loving game

I'm glad someone is playing it so I won't have to (again)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Endorph posted:

I'd have to play the Japanese version to be sure, but gently caress-ups like 'Lord Apsu' and that one conversation making no sense make me think the translator just translated it as they played, and then never bothered going back and editing it. That was surprisingly common in old fantranslations.

there's actually a point in the game where you can tell someone else took over the script because they start using different terms for everything and it stays that way until the end

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
All your accidents, like for example being run down by a speeding car outside your own goddamn home

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

END ME SCOOB posted:

You guys, I'm going to get to some of this. I'm just saving it for when every goddamn one of these villains show up as bosses.

I'm not gonna be a spoiler nazi or anything just... y'know. Hold your horses a bit with megaposts.

I've got one on this game's hosed-up continuity locked and ready to go

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
There it is. This game allegedly takes place between S and SuperS but in reality the continuity is total nonsense. Like almost all of the game is based on the anime. The character designs, character personalities, monsters, and events mentioned later on all match up 100% with the cartoon version of the storyline. Then, suddenly, you've got this poo poo with the four kings that only came up in the manga, and the box which as far as I can recall is just full on made up but the game acts like has been there all along. How? Why? Only Angel knows for sure and they're almost definitely dead as hell by now.

also yeah ABS always be super

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

welcome to the only way I beat this game

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
fact check me, scoob

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
yeah I knew this translation was a mess but I didn't know it was that far off

that might make some of the nonsense coming up less stupid too

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I'm a sucker for a good evil counterpart and I honestly think the Opposito Senshi are pretty cool

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
watch the new dub it's pretty good

for bonus points watch it along with the sailor business podcast cause it's also pretty good

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
She kept working on Codename: Sailor V on and off during Sailor Moon's run. It didn't end until several months after Sailor Moon did.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

END ME SCOOB posted:

That podcast really does get excellent.

seriously everyone listen to sailor business

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
this thread is slowly descending into the sailor moon megathread

not that I'm complaining

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Aces High posted:

why Edmonton of all places? As someone who grew up there I really want to know who thought it would be believable as a world capital

well the only other country the government that controls Canada in IBO has is Russia and gently caress that

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

FractalSandwich posted:

If I understand the Japanese text correctly, this is what's actually going on in that scene: Ishtar actually says the opposite: "How did you know I was here?". Venus tries to play it cool but screws up a figure of speech, as she does. My very elegant and professional translation of what she says is "Ha! You must think I'm blind as a bird!", to which Ishtar of course says, "You mean a bat?", and then she sees the stupid rock, and then they fight.

I thought it was weird she didn't screw up any figures of speech in this chapter but that would require the translation to be semi-coherent

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Sailor Moon: Another Story - Get Good

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Yeah sure, talk down the mad scientist

Also the "corpse room" is Hotaru's play room when she's Mistress 9-ing out in the original anime. They're actually all life-sized dolls.

e:

END ME SCOOB posted:

Crazy dead. Infinity ends with the entire Tomoe clan as corpses, but time/space revives Hotaru as a baby for Neptune/Uranus to raise.

which doesn't make any sense since in the anime this game's supposed to be following, Tomoe's fine at the end

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
here it comes

the true form of this thread: the sailor moon waifu wars

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
"The Messiah shoots an arrow" is probably accurate since according to Sailor Moon S Usagi is the Messiah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
fun fact: demon apsu's actual name is God of Destruction Apsu

also her ultimate attack is hilariously mistranslated but I'll leave that for scoob to bring up if they want to

• Locked thread